Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Can I just say, that letter in the Metroherald is not my doing. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Sure its not....;)

Don't worry Superman, your secret Identity is safe with me!

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Sure its not....;)

Don't worry Superman, your secret Identity is safe with me!

hah :D though I clearly agree with the sentiment, I would have been far more to the point and...cutting... Plus the MH is a rag :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

People who tell obvious lies to gain peer approval or reaction.

People who tell obvious lies to gain peer approval or reaction.

Examples? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

People who dont look where they are going when walking.........be it from being fcking texting or or just genuine idioticness........really grinds my gears altogether..........

jossnjuice wrote: »
    People who dont look where they are going when walking.........be it from being fcking texting or or just genuine idioticness........really grinds my gears altogether..........

especially when you know they are going to bump into you, and you can see it happening slowly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

especially when you know they are going to bump into you, and you can see it happening slowly.

well if you are looking.. you can just move out of the way

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...really grinds my gears altogether..........

Gears are supposed to grind together - that's how they transmit drive. In most transmissions the gears are permanently meshed and the shift action merely locks them to various shafts in suitable arrangements. The "grinding" actually comes from the little locking-dogs on the shafts misaligning, not the gears themselves. In the old, pre-synchromesh days you'd get a lot of this from not double-clutching properly.

Sorry, little "thing" of mine! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Ad blockers that don't block ads.

F**kers phoning you up all the way from India claiming to be from Mikersoft telling you have an infected computer and they need to gain access to it.

The last two squares of toilet paper that are welded to the toilet roll.

Memory card readers that are built into your computer and they won't fookin read your memory card. They are very sensitive you know. You just have to slide it in correctly, wiggle it about for a few seconds and then she, sorry, I mean it responds with a glowing red of green light.

Your computer telling you a folder is locked and you can't access it because you don't have sufficient privileges. WTF is going on with that? Foot in the ass right away.

Would you like to send an error report to Mikersoft? No I fookin wouldn't, and what is with all this mnemonic shy*e anyway?

Having to buy a new toothbrush every two weeks because the woosy little bristles can't take some real man brushing. It needs to grow a pair and man up FFS.

• Advertisement

Ad blockers that don't block ads.

Or pop up ads with speech and music! The worst kind of **** invented those.

Yes, you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Metroherald? Advise please:pac:

Just say "Beep Beep":eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Metroherald? Advise please:pac:

Herald do a free paper in the morning called the metro herald
    they give it out at train stations and some of the major traffic junctions.
    its shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Yes! Walking!

Alot of people really arent very good at this.

I dont mean timing the legs to move the person along. That particular skill most people master when they are 1. I'm talking all the things that should have been learnt since then...

1. walking out of a shop into a busy street without watching for people already on said street.
    2. thinking its a great idea to stop for whatever reason, exactly where it is narrowest, blocking the way for everyone. Doorways, bus stops, indoor public places etc
    3. when a path wide enough for two people, one person walking (usually slowly) down the center, wavering slightly from one side the the next, just enough to stop people passing you, they become unable to move slightly to the side, or even see other people on the path. And I'm not talking about old/infirm/young children.
    4. path of any width, two or more people walking together, side by side blocking the full width, become unable to see other people using the path.
    5. crossing the road, myself clearly already on the other side of the road, people crossing so they reach path right in front of me. Fine. But then they become surprised/nervous/uncomfortable to find some walking immediately behind them.
    6. Walking on busy street while looking at phone.

Walking classes in school anyone? I wonder do these same people drive like this too? It would explain alot I suppose...

Not trivial, but paying €2200 in tax this month annoyed me greatly.
    Still does if i'm honest.

So folk on the scratcher, enjoy a few dutch gold on me. :mad:

Gokei wrote: »
    Herald do a free paper in the morning called the metro herald
    they give it out at train stations and some of the major traffic junctions.
    its shíte.

Ah, Dublin only I assume.....that explains that. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Gokei wrote: »
    Not trivial, but paying €2200 in tax this month annoyed me greatly.
    Still does if i'm honest.

So folk on the scratcher, enjoy a few dutch gold on me. :mad:

If there was no dole, there would be no Tommy Tiernan. Is that what you want?? :confused:

Mint Aero wrote: »
    If there was no dole, there would be no Tommy Tiernan. Is that what you want?? :confused:
    Ah Tommy, where would we be without his deafening humour.

In retrospect, I do get to use millions of euros worth of roads for my monthly chip in, so cant be too annoyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Personally i like to "brush" against them, with slight force, hoping that it might somehow get it into their thick heads to watch where theyre going........O Connell Bridge is my absolute black spot.

Personally i like to "brush" against them, with slight force, hoping that it might somehow get it into their thick heads to watch where theyre going........O Connell Bridge is my absolute black spot.

I see some people go into Richard Ashcroft mode on that street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

So you enjoying being an arsehole to other arseholes? 2 wrongs and all that…

What's starting to get to me about this thread is the constant, constant moaning about other people in buses or out walking. One or two little quips about these issues is fair enough but it's getting to the point of being a narcissistic, navel-gazing circle jerk. Chuck some valium in your cornflakes before you leave the house or just accept that there are lots of other people in the world and you're not special. Some people will rub you up the wrong way unintentionally but be safe in the knowledge that you'll do the same to others. You'll be happier in your day to day life if you realise this, especially if you chuck in the valium.

What's starting to get to me about this thread is the constant, constant moaning about other people in buses or out walking. One or two little quips about these issues is fair enough but it's getting to the point of being a narcissistic, navel-gazing circle jerk. Chuck some valium in your cornflakes before you leave the house or just accept that there are lots of other people in the world and you're not special. Some people will rub you up the wrong way unintentionally but be safe in the knowledge that you'll do the same to others. You'll be happier in your day to day life if you realise this, especially if you chuck in the valium.

I think you seem to be getting more stressed by this thread than we are by buses and pedestrians. It's called "trivial things that annoy you", not "Substantive issues that are a scourge on humankind that are therefore of justifiable concern, and which must be eradicated immediately before we all die" - although there's an idea for a new thread...;)

I think you may be starting to take this thread seriously.....I would imagine to most its a bit of a joke more than anything, just a little something to brighten an otherwise dull and dreary day:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Was having dessert yesterday after lunch in a coffee shop. My friend didn't order anything but I did. The waitress then brought cutlery for both so we could both eat it. I look up and my friend was giving me the Bambi eyes wondering if I was going to eat all the food that I ordered and paid for. I did. But it still annoyed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Is moaning about walking a constant theme on this thread? I feel silly now, as I didnt read back previous pages. But then there are over 500 of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

My sister is pushing 20 years old and writes words like "sluh" instead of "sl*t" on her page. Granted it's a disgusting word but if she's going to say it at least spell it right and stop typing the way you speak...........

And I understand this is a very Waterfordish twang of speaking, so what makes it even worse is that me and my family are from Glasgow. So it is even more cringe worthy and irritating to see my sister writing "yarr some sluh, girl!!"... In the words of every Glasweigan, "Away ye go!"

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Two bus related gripes (I know you love them):
    -when people put their hand out for the bus even after it's indicated that it's pulling in
    -when sitting in window seat and the randomer beside you (almost always an aul battleaxe) wont get up when you get up, even after asking they just stare into space pretending not to notice! Happened to me twice yesterday, almost missed my stop both times. (and no they werent deaf, they "heard" me eventually)

• Advertisement

Planemo wrote: »
    Two bus related gripes (I know you love them):
    -when people put their hand out for the bus even after it's indicated that it's pulling in
    -when sitting in window seat and the randomer beside you (almost always an aul battleaxe) wont get up when you get up, even after asking they just stare into space pretending not to notice! Happened to me twice yesterday, almost missed my stop both times. (and no they werent deaf, they "heard" me eventually)

Can believe I missed those :mad: Devastated.... (hands back conductor uniform)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement