Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

smeedyova wrote: »
    I'd like to see everybody going to the rubbish tip themselves. When the streets are head high in rubbish you'll find that the system of delivering your own rubbish to the dump doesn't work.

As a child one of my favorite things to do was the regular Saturday morning delivery to the rubbish tip with my old man, that was before it became a recycling money racket. That's right- everyone went to the rubbish tip themselves, and guess what? The system worked.

Clearly, you have never visited countries which don't have rubbish collection. There, rubbish and disease are rampant, unlike here, thanks to the rubbish collectors who are paid minimum wage to keep you safe.

Ahh Jesus, come on! You think if they had bin collectors in the slums that all their problems would be solved? Bring on the bin collectors, you've just solved a third world problem with a first world solution.

(Don't give yourself a pat on the back just yet, I was being sarcastic!)

Heart surgery is no more a skill than that offered by any other professional.

... *speechless*.

Well that's me told. I'll leave it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

Czarcasm: I'll leave you to go and do your worshiping at the feet of somebody who did a bachelor degree in medicine, seeing as you are so mightily impressed by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Lads. Calm down.

People who start telling you about a dream they had last night when you ask them how they are. Go and pay someone €40 a hour to listen to it if you think it's so interesting, nobody's going to give a sh1t for free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Christmas themed jumpers. These fookers are everywhere this year, every freakin shop I go into it's like they are following me around. First it was the glitter falling on the carpet mocking me, now it's jumpers with Rudolph on them mocking me, will it ever stop?

Crap gifts inside Christmas crackers. Like who the hell wants another golf tee? Caroline Wozniacki on the other hand:D, now that's a different matter.

Biscuits that break and fall into your morning cup of tea, that just ruins my day.

Predictive text, small assed buttons on phones, writing too small on an instruction manual, yeah I want my freakin eyesight ruined by Soney or Paddysonic or Conan. They do make good cameras though but sh*t instruction manuals.

Energy saving light bulbs that take 10 minutes to come on... if you ever wanted to know what it felt like living in 1913, well, now you know.

Not being able to tune in your favourite radio station again after you moved your radio one inch to the left or right, so you could clean under it. A serious case of me putting my foot in its ass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Christmas themed jumpers. These fookers are everywhere this year, every freakin shop I go into it's like they are following me around. First it was the glitter falling on the carpet mocking me, now it's jumpers with Rudolph on them mocking me, will it ever stop?

In town yesterday I saw they are opening a Christmas jumper shop on Liffey Street. Things have gone too far!

I hate these new Christmas ads that are made into a big "Production".

Maybe it's just me but I never remember ads being crafted into a "narrative" before.

I could be completely oblivious most other years and only notice it this year

People who can't watch a TV show or film in silence, have to give their constant running commentary:

"Oh he's horrible"

"Oh jesus"

"Didn't think that would happen"

Yes, yay, good for you, you're reacting to the film in the exact way most people are, you don't have to verbalise every little bit of it. It's made worse by the fact that so many of the comments are followed by:

"Hang on, what did she say?"

Maybe I'd be able to tell you if I FÚCKING HEARD IT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Women smelling baby's arses.

I mean....That's someone else's ****e your sticking your nose into...:eek:

Who'd do that?

Girls are funny...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

smeedyova wrote: »
    People who think that medical doctors "deserve" huge salaries. They did a university course, same as most other people who work for far, far less. When will people cop on to the fact that it is just another job. They are not gods in white coats. Idiots.

Maybe some are overpaid, and for sure some have the "god" thing going on.....but "idiots", bit strong and a bit a of a blanket statement. We had a GP who retired a while ago, the guy (maybe an exception) hardly ever took money from people and worked well in excess of a 40 hour week. Just as a matter of interest, what do you do when you or your family is ill, do you give your hard earned cash to an idiot?.....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Flyer28 wrote: »
    Women smelling baby's arses.

I mean....That's someone else's ****e your sticking your nose into...:eek:

Who'd do that?

Girls are funny...

So. How would you find out if your kid has crapped its nappy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

So. How would you find out if your kid has crapped its nappy?

Ohh you know alright, they're like a crawling, screaming stink bomb! :pac:

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Maybe some are overpaid, and for sure some have the "god" thing going on.....but "idiots", bit strong and a bit a of a blanket statement. We had a GP who retired a while ago, the guy (maybe an exception) hardly ever took money from people and worked well in excess of a 40 hour week. Just as a matter of interest, what do you do when you or your family is ill, do you give your hard earned cash to an idiot?.....

The idiots are the people who think that medics "deserve" huge salaries. The medics themselves are not usually idiots, look at how they can persuade so many people that they are worth €50-60 for a prescription for aspirin. Only idiots, and those possessed of morals, would sell simple aspirin cheaply and over the counter.

People who make such wide circles around musicians on Grafton Street.

The new paving stones on Grafton Street.

Magpies.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Don't know how to describe this one for fear of upsetting some sections of our society.

But there was a programme on the other night about Underdogs, and there was a 'gay' football team in it. For me there is no such thing.

Some of the players talked about playing in 'straight' football teams before:rolleyes: How in God's name can a football team be straight?

If gay people are excluding themselves from playing football because they are gay and their team mates aren't then God help us. The more I think about it, why does your sexuality even bloody matter when playing a sport!!!:mad:

NIMAN wrote: »
    Don't know how to describe this one for fear of upsetting some sections of our society.

But there was a programme on the other night about Underdogs, and there was a 'gay' football team in it. For me there is no such thing.

Some of the players talked about playing in 'straight' football teams before:rolleyes: How in God's name can a football team be straight?

If gay people are excluding themselves from playing football because they are gay and their team mates aren't then God help us. The more I think about it, why does your sexuality even bloody matter when playing a sport!!!:mad:

I think it's mostly just a way of meeting other gay people if you're not into clubbing that can be really difficult, might be especially nice in sport given the changing rooms and showering aspect

But the show focused on the sporting aspect, not the dating/meeting side of things.

NIMAN wrote: »
    But the show focused on the sporting aspect, not the dating/meeting side of things.

Buggered darned if I know then :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

People who can't watch a TV show or film in silence, have to give their constant running commentary

God yeah. Another one is people who are constantly asking questions like "who is he?" "why is he doing that?" when the film is just about to explain it. Wait a few goddamn minutes and it'll be explained to you!
    yeppydeppy wrote: »
    and come the middle of January all you'll hear from those same idiots is: "There's a grand stretch in the evenings!" and they'll usually add "Thank God" because they're usually the religious types.

Ha, I start saying that on Dec 22nd, just to wind people up (day after shortest day). But I do hate it when people do it for real. Along the same lines, I hate people who continue to wish people Happy New Year well in to the end of January or even in to February. First week of January is really all that's acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭GFish

McChubbin wrote: »
    Java. I already updated and yet it still keeps bugging me to update! :mad:

Get over it mate!
    You don't know about update torture until you use Thunderbird for your email!

Hmmm - on second thoughts:
    Maybe an "important security update" that happens twice a day means they're really working very very hard to protect me.:confused:

Should I install it twice a day and reboot, or would it be ok to risk it until tomorrow?

Somebody please advise me - quick!!! :o

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    God yeah. Another one is people who are constantly asking questions like "who is he?" "why is he doing that?" when the film is just about to explain it. Wait a few goddamn minutes and it'll be explained to you!

Ugh, I know. I didn't get here before you, I haven't seen the film before, I'm not privy to any extra info like, just shut up and watch it!!

Although recently I was watching Jacob's Ladder with my sister which I had seen before, it got to a scary/strange part and she pipes up "what's going on" and I told her to stfu and hold questions til the end, turns out she'd fallen asleep for a few minutes and woken up to
    Tim Robbins being wheeled on a stretcher through an increasingly hell-like hospital/asylum full of naked disfigured people when last thing she saw was him sitting in a car
    :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

gramar wrote: »
    I was reading indo.ie (yeah I know, what the fcuk was I doing that for) and there's a story about Yvonne Keating's Christmas plans. Why is this reported?
    What purpose does it serve? If I'm not mistaken there was a similar story last year. Who fcuking cares what these people get up to?

Just reading the caption of the story makes my blood boil. It's not just the story itself it's the unapologetically schmoozy writing style.

"Yvonne Keating's planning to go Christmas crackers with Ronan and kids at home - Ronan and the extended Keating family will be heading to Chez Yvonne's for a Yuletide feast"

Yesterday's story about Yvonne Keating was headlined 'Yvonne says she's delighted at her weight gain'.

I can only assume that the weight gain is as a result of her massively inflated ego.

Come back Ronan. All is forgiven. Well, most things anyway.

Got to agree with the Yvonne Keating nonsense. If you really care what these people are doing for Xmas then you need to take a good, long look at your own life, cos it must be really sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

gramar wrote: »

I can only assume that the weight gain is as a result of her massively inflated ego.

:D brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

quickbeam wrote: »
    God yeah. Along the same lines, I hate people who continue to wish people Happy New Year well in to the end of January or even in to February. First week of January is really all that's acceptable.

Yes, I used to work with someone who did this, long into the (no longer new)year, she would still be wishing people happy new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

People who reply to the traditional Irish greeting of 'How are you?', by nodding and saying, 'I'm good...' You're in Oranmore, love, not Orange County...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

When you are having a discussion or debate with someone and their answer is "Well you wouldn't say that if you had children" or "you think differently when you have children".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

People who reply to the traditional Irish greeting of 'How are you?', by nodding and saying, 'I'm good...' You're in Oranmore, love, not Orange County...

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Toilet attendants

• Advertisement

When you are having a discussion or debate with someone and their answer is "Well you wouldn't say that if you had children" or "you think differently when you have children".

Or any "when you". Me and my sister don't get on well. "When you get older, yous will be best friends" is something people have been saying to me since I was 6. I'm 23. How old do I have to get before I can accept that we don't get on?

In a similar vein, when people say "Trust me, you've no idea". I've one friend who always does this. I'll feel a bit queasy and he'll say "oh trust me, you've no idea how sick I feel today". How the hell does he know how I feel or what I have an idea of or not? Why don't you trust ME that I feel pretty sick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement