Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

I hate the way they say arrgh-tee-ee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    Also loved the way Anne Doyle used to say 'sexual'. We all say sekshuel, she said sek-syew-al.

Nothing wrong with the way Ann Doyle pronounces sexual (Mmm, Ann Doyle...), almost like the intonation makes it a question -

"sex well?"

Why yes Ann, yes I do, not as good as I used to, mind, but I hope you wouldn't construe that as "sexwell h'rasssment".

It's not like we have an 'istoric connection or anything, open that onvelope there and see what it saeys...

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

Kids running in a supermarket. Today in Lidl f**wit jnr. running up and down an aisle thinking he was Usain Bolt obviously high on cola and blue smarties as f**kwit snr. was reading the instructions on a bottle of washing up liquid. Proof if proof needed that there is a lifeguard on the gene pool and he had a f**king day off when these 2 got in. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭GFish

Rasheed wrote: »
    I'd rather listen to a continuous loop of the Angelus.

:D
    That's got to be the best way I've ever read of describing how annoying anything is.

Go Rasheed!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭GFish

LukehandypAnts, do you buy Chinese garlic?

Jeez - say no, LukehandypAnts!
    You can go to jail for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Only if you call them apples:D
    Or was it onions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Continuing on the theme of ATM machines, they are now so open, anyone passing by, you don't need to be a shoulder surfer, can see what pin number you are tapping in. Cover it with your hand? Waste of time, there's probably a camera fitted above and beneath your hand aswell; so you might as well go home, stick your head in the oven and turn the gas on.... there's no point in trying anymore.

Waiting for the large delivery truck to turn up at Aldi or Lidl, it's up there with Moses parting the Red Sea, but oh so annoying waiting on a bag of oranges to arrive from Spain so I can have one with my breakfast the following morning.

Shops that sell milk at half price for the first two months they are open and then jack the price up to match every other shop, crafty bas*ards.

Store loyalty cards. The stores aren't so loyal when the 10 year rent free lease ends and they pack up and f*ck off to Malaysia. Don't let my foot get caught in your ass on your way out of the country.

Wussy assed, pansy assed leaf blowers and how they are out in force at this time of year. And the lame noise they make, oh I couldn't be bothered blowing any leaves today, it's too cold outside.

When the clock on my computer didn't change over automatically to Winter time and I had to do it manually, is it just trying to wind me up?

Tomato ketchup that goes everywhere except on the food on your plate. It will end up on your clothes, the wall, the worktop, into your eye as you check the bottle to see if something is blocking the nozzle.

The length of time it takes paint 'fumes' to leave a room after it's been painted or wood varnish is used.

How mold in an apartment is now your problem, whaaaaaat? It just moved in the same day as I did, huh, you have got to f*ucking kidding me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I tend to notice language more than anything.
    A lot of people say 'dur', like the u in dull, not even 'dare', when they mean 'their'. I think it's just habit.
    I also noticed, on the radio this, people using 'then' when they mean 'than'.
    Also loved the way Anne Doyle used to say 'sexual'. We all say sekshuel, she said sek-syew-al.
    I hate 'claps' for 'collapse', 'kureer' and 'creer' for 'career' and fergal bowers on rte who says 'hospel' for 'hospital'.
    The expression'a big ask' is awful as is inTEGral. I prefer INtegral.
    And the amount of reporters and presenters who mistake the stressed syllable in protest, progress, increase and compact, to quote a few, is amazing.

Here in Limerick instead of "chewing gum" it's "chung gums".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

People who do shirts and polos up to the top button. Annoying motherfu53!$!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

angwd wrote: »
    Or turning Saturday into Saherday :eek:

Never ever come to longford. The letter T does not exist

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    Here in Limerick instead of "chewing gum" it's "chung gums" yokes.

"Heard on a bus in Limerick" should have it's own thread, the Weston accent just cracks me up, and some of the expressions they come out with, like a whole other language all of their own :D

People complaining about being clamped. If you don't want to be clamped...follow the rules. Simples.

A few weeks ago, queuing in a shop to get my lunch, some oul fella comes up to me and says "sorry do you mind if I go ahead, I'm double parked?".

Double parking is one of my pet peeves. I have a limited time for my lunch. I've queued at the deli, I've queued in the shop. I've done my time, and you think you can just park in the middle of the road and prance in to the shop and skip the queue because you don't want to get caught doing something illegal?

Turns out he was one of those "and a quick pick", "and the results", "and would you check all these old tickets for me", "and some cigarettes" people. Ugh. It's my own fault for being so f*cking shocked I didn't think to tell him to go f*ck himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Somewhere in this thread someone hated 'simples'.
    True or false, it's the sensation of being used, of being made a fool of, isn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

I hate it when I log into my email account and find that it has been "improved" to the extent that reading and sending mail has almost become impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

smurgen wrote: »
    People who do shirts and polos up to the top button. Annoying motherfu53!$!

Tamwar on eastenders. With his thick stupid face.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

The way Ben Dunne pronounces Pilates as 'palatas'!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Nought nought nought nought.

Fcuk off Rory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

You know what really grinds my gears? When the manager in a store decides to rearrange some of the layouts and you come in some Saturday morning, looking for whatever it is and you go to the place where you usually get this 'thing'.... and it's all changed, it's like WTF happened here? I've been coming in here for the past 999 years and it has always been the same and now some little s*it manager has decided to move everything around. Now I have to relearn the layout of the store again. grrrrrrrrr.

Spending time writing out a shopping list, go out shopping and come home only to find out you forgot one of the items THAT'S WRITTEN IN SIX FOOT TALL LETTERS on the freakin shopping list......aaaaaahhhhhhh.

When you throw rubbish into a bin in the park and the wind blows it back out again and you have to get down on your hands and knees and start cleaning it up. As other people pass by you can hear them saying, ooohhhh, little lout, let's tell warden (jobsworth).

Why does time go in so fast when you are using the innernet, yet it crawls along slower than a snails ass when you are waiting for a courier to arrive, waiting to go in and see your doctor, waiting for the date from hell to end. Why oh why oh why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

smeedyova wrote: »
    I hate it when I log into my email account and find that it has been "improved" to the extent that reading and sending mail has almost become impossible.

A-f**king-men.

Google and their f**king Gmail are c**ts for this. Every time I login now, the b@stards want my f**king mobile number and my location. You aren't f**king getting it you shower of sh!t so f**k off asking. It's none of your business and if I've told you once, I've told you a f**king million times, you aren't having my personal f**king phone number just so I can f**king have a b@stering email account with you shower of c**ts. Bad enough you've re-arranged my f**king account so that I have to search in three f**king places for any new f**king emails. Who f**king came up with that f**king stroke of genius?

Rant over. Sort of.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

MJ23 wrote: »
    Nought nought nought nought.

Fcuk off Rory.

Nawsh Nawsh Nawsh, Nawsh Nawsh Nawsh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭worded

When the curtains aren't even on each side.
    I can't sleep till they are perfect

Pull yourself together !

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

brooke 2 wrote: »
    The way Ben Dunne pronounces Pilates as 'palatas'!! :(

Or 'offers' as 'Orrrrfers'

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

And the amount of reporters and presenters who mistake the stressed syllable in protest, progress, increase and compact, to quote a few, is amazing.

Don't know if it's been pointed out already, but the stressed vowel and consequently the pronunciation will change on whether those words are being used as nouns or verbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Bottlers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

DeanAustin wrote: »
    A-f**king-men.

Google and their f**king Gmail are c**ts for this. Every time I login now, the b@stards want my f**king mobile number and my location. You aren't f**king getting it you shower of sh!t so f**k off asking. It's none of your business and if I've told you once, I've told you a f**king million times, you aren't having my personal f**king phone number just so I can f**king have a b@stering email account with you shower of c**ts. Bad enough you've re-arranged my f**king account so that I have to search in three f**king places for any new f**king emails. Who f**king came up with that f**king stroke of genius?

Rant over. Sort of.

Also hate having mornings like this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

realies wrote: »
    Also hate having mornings like this :D

Haha, they're called Mondays no?:D

Sh!t, OldNotWise might take that as a sort of banal small talk cliche.

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Haha, they're called Mondays no?:D

Sh!t, OldNotWise might take that as a sort of banal small talk cliche.

I think ONW is gone MIA... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Jackets with the logo on the back of the jacket, right shoulder, instead of the front left. Northface and SuperDry, I'm looking at you. Cant help thinking, "jasus buddy, your jacket is on backwards there, might want to fix that."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

The ineveitable post holiday flu, and also coming back to work after ten days off. Boo hoo hoo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Sh** stainz.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement