Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

This post has been deleted.

And the ones who ask if you want to conduct the transaction in Irish or English, ask if you want a receipt, ask if you really want a receipt and if so consider the environment, tell you that there is no paper in the machine and ask if you still want to continue without a receipt...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When you call banking online to sort out something minor and they finsih the conversation by asking, "are there ary other financial needs I can help you with?" - how long have you got?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The ineveitable post holiday flu, and also coming back to work after ten days off. Boo hoo hoo.

Ah, Mr Crumb, welcome back:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Ah, Mr Crumb, welcome back:P

Thankee kindly.

Adverts for Hair care products, where someone will (Davina McCall I think) refers to it as "Heh Ceh".....WTF?

Donna and Joe, and happy bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Inconsiderate parking,especially my bloody neighbour - 3 parking spaces but still manages to leave his car on the road,almost blocking it.Gentle hints by everyone else have failed,even confronting him was met with "sure it's my house,can't I park in front of it if I want".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Adverts for Hair care products, where someone will (Davina McCall I think) refers to it as "Heh Ceh".....WTF?

Donna and Joe, and happy bastards.

Ever hear the cockneys say MillWall? "Mew-wew"

Or that Ant and Dec Saturday night takeaway thing where the person near the end would gamble for all the prizes. And the audience would chant "Gambo Gambo"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

MJ23 wrote: »
    Ever hear the cockneys say MillWall? "Mew-wew"

Or that Ant and Dec Saturday night takeaway thing where the person near the end would gamble for all the prizes. And the audience would chant "Gambo Gambo"

It's The Queen's English innit.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Captain Farrell

zerks wrote: »
    It's The Queen's English innit.

yeah, and the irish speak it perfectly.....

"saherday, buhher, chimley, wardrope, drownded, "tree", troath, heighth.....

A capital "I" for Irish would be nice......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

When you download a new app on your phone and it upsets the location of the other apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Mmm, oh ah. Theyll be owt f'nowt anyroad lad. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

jimgoose wrote: »
    Mmm, oh ah. Theyll be owt f'nowt anyroad lad. :D

bah gum tha's reet lad.

bah gum tha's reet lad.

Eee, fookit ahm gannin yarm! :cool:

In Yorkshire, if you ask for arse cream in a shop, they will usually ask you what flavour you want, vanilla, raspberry ripple etc. Very confusing:P

In Yorkshire, if you ask for arse cream in a shop, they will usually ask you what flavour you want, vanilla, raspberry ripple etc. Very confusing:P

Yorkshire man takes his cat to the vet.
    Yorkshireman: "Ayup, lad, I need to talk to thee about me cat."
    Vet: "Is it a tom?"
    Yorkshireman: "Nay, I've browt it wi' us."

A Yorkshireman's dog dies and as it was a favourite pet he decides to have a gold statue made by a jeweller to remember the dog by..
    Yorkshireman: "Can tha mek us a gold statue of yon dog?"
    Jeweller: "Do you want it 18 carat?"
    Yorkshireman: "No I want it chewin' a bone yer daft bugger!"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Kipper tie?

Yes please, two sugars.

sher ye can't bate a shcaldy mug o tae...

Darby O'Gill is in the house

• Advertisement

Darby O'Gill is in the house

Here's a shtick ta be batin' the lovely lady with, Sorrr. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Just heard the stupidest thing.

A dog poop reporting hotline for Dublin
    And there are such things as Anti-dog poop campaigners.

Do people have so much free time to actually actively get involved in such a stupid cause.
    Like its bad to not pick up after your dog but for people to actually start a campaign so people report others to a hotline. The hell is a hotline going to do? CSI Mrs O Reilly's dog's poop.

If it bothers you so much pick up "non picked up" poop so.

Trivial thing that annoys me anyway....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

foxyboxer wrote: »
    When you download a new app on your phone and it upsets the location of the other apps.

Oh don't you hate that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Sportspeople, usually from Cork, saying "in all fairness"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Those severely unfunny "KEEP CALM AND ........" posters/mugs/tshirts etc you see.

They were funny for about 1hr after they first appeared, but seriously folks let them go, they are now just sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Days 298 wrote: »

Do people have so much free time to actually actively get involved in such a stupid cause.
    Like its bad to not pick up after your dog but for people to actually start a campaign so people report others to a hotline. The hell is a hotline going to do? CSI Mrs O Reilly's dog's poop.

I stepped in dog poop a few weeks ago. I was dressed to go out, as it was my birthday.

Stood in the poo, came home, sat down with my foot under my arse, thus spreading it all over my hole. Sat on my bed, now there's **** on the bed.

Had to change my clothes, throw out my shoes and I was late for my own birthday massage :(

Id report a f*cker not picking up their dog sh*t. Ill carry a spare phone and ensure its always got credit and battery, with a working camera, and report every dumb f*ck letting their dog sh*t on the ground and not pick it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

mauzo! wrote: »
    I stepped in dog poop a few weeks ago. I was dressed to go out, as it was my birthday.

Stood in the poo, came home, sat down with my foot under my arse, thus spreading it all over my hole. Sat on my bed, now there's **** on the bed.

Had to change my clothes, throw out my shoes and I was late for my own birthday massage :(

Id report a f*cker not picking up their dog sh*t. Ill carry a spare phone and ensure its always got credit and battery, with a working camera, and report every dumb f*ck letting their dog sh*t on the ground and not pick it up.
    :(
    Sorry to hear that.

Suppose you have been affected more than most,
    Just dont turn it into a hobby!
    Let me know how you get on. There were 12 fines given out for the whole of Dublin.. you may be wasting your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

People who choose shop doorways as locations to do their hesitating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Days 298 wrote: »

Its not trivial at all you know kids can be blinded by dog poo.So to me ts not trivial at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement