Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

dubstarr wrote: »
    Its not trivial at all you know kids can be blinded by dog poo.So to me ts not trivial at all.

Indeed, not trivial, and utterly, utterly disgusting. What kind of society allows/accepts/has faeces on their streets!?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

People who type a space before punctuation. Trivial and annoying.

Like this !

Or this .

Perhaps this ?

Or ,I don' t know ,this ? !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Standing behind a person of advancing age (usually a woman)at the till when it's her turn to pay and she usually has a heap of stuff in the basket and leaves it till the very last second to go rooting around in her purse like it's a surprise that she has to pay for it at all, and then if it's something like 22.47, she has to find the €2 coin and then the 2 20 cent coins and then the 5 and 2 cent coins ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah feeling much better now .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

smeedyova wrote: »
    People who choose shop doorways as locations to do their hesitating.

And the gaggles of elderly women who congregate for a chat at the bottom of the trolley-escalator. Skittles.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

osarusan wrote: »
    Don't know if it's been pointed out already, but the stressed vowel and consequently the pronunciation will change on whether those words are being used as nouns or verbs.

I said: the amount of reporters and presenters who MISTAKE........
    I knoooww which syllable to stress for my noun or verb, even the odd adjective, they don't.

Batchroom - say it quickly -for bathroom:D. A genuine hiberno-thingy word

• Advertisement

yeah, and the irish speak it perfectly.....

"saherday, buhher, chimley, wardrope, drownded, "tree", troath, heighth.....

Won't somebody think of the childer-den!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Coronation Street lingo

"Am sorrah"
    "You're wrong ga"
    "Ma baybay"
    "Put kettle on"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Those fcukin Healy-Rae gobsh!ts on TV3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Freeloaders who have a TV but no corresponding TV licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

People who say/write "comprises of" :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

keith16 wrote: »
    People who type a space before punctuation. Trivial and annoying.

Like this !

Or this .

Perhaps this ?

Or ,I don' t know ,this ? !
    But here's the dilemma Keith, on which side of the punctuation do you put your smiley face icon yolkies!?!?!?

MJ23 wrote: »
    They typify so many things wrong with Irish politics. Literally copied and pasted from a Father Ted episode, and playing up to it as best they can to boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

When mods use the word "permabanned".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Idiots dragging up old threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Days 298 wrote: »
    Just heard the stupidest thing.

A dog poop reporting hotline for Dublin
    And there are such things as Anti-dog poop campaigners.

Do people have so much free time to actually actively get involved in such a stupid cause.
    Like its bad to not pick up after your dog but for people to actually start a campaign so people report others to a hotline. The hell is a hotline going to do? CSI Mrs O Reilly's dog's poop.

If it bothers you so much pick up "non picked up" poop so.

Trivial thing that annoys me anyway....

We need one in Donegal for the boyos who run the horses on the main road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭deseil

People who say "touche" and laugh when your trying to politely tell them to f@ck off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

deseil wrote: »
    People who say "touche" and laugh when your trying to politely tell them to f@ck off

I say 'toupe'. No one has called me on it yet. I am tempted to say Palestinians instead of Philistines when giving out about someone but am pretty sure they'd just think I was stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I say 'toupe'. No one has called me on it yet.

That made me laugh :) I like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

I say 'toupe'. No one has called me on it yet. I am tempted to say Palestinians instead of Philistines when giving out about someone but am pretty sure they'd just think I was stupid.

They probably already do, but just couldn't be arsed correcting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭mattser

Almost everybody in the world beginning their reply to a question with " Listen "..................I AM LISTENING FFS, otherwise I wouldn't have asked the fcuking question.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People, especially on phones, who stop in between every sentence waiting for some verbal affirmation that you are still listening. If you dont, they say things like, "right?" or, "hello?" or "can you hear me?" - yes for fuuck sake I can fuucking hear you. Do you really need a sound effect after every sentence?

Also, when you're late for work or at that "if I get there in the next ten seconds it will be ok" stage and then some pleb in front of you saunters in, coffee in one hand, bag in the other. Starts foostering for their ID badge...and you just can't pass them out! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

I say 'toupe'. No one has called me on it yet.

I have a friend who does this too. Worse still, it's at the stage where I've started it and, as a consequence, have received some very confused glances!! :)

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People, especially on phones, who stop in between every sentence waiting for some verbal affirmation that you are still listening. If you dont, they say things like, "right?" or, "hello?" or "can you hear me?" - yes for fuuck sake I can fuucking hear you. Do you really need a sound effect after every sentence?
    Beats the people who insist on going "mhm, mhm, mhm, mhm, yeah, mhm, mhm, mhm, mhm, ok yeah, mhm, mhm, mhm" non-stop when you are trying to tell them something, as i they are trying to match you word for word (or "mhm" for wor, even).

Possibly the most annoying speech mannerism in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Billy86 wrote: »
    Beats the people who insist on going "mhm, mhm, mhm, mhm, yeah, mhm, mhm, mhm, mhm, ok yeah, mhm, mhm, mhm" non-stop when you are trying to tell them something, as i they are trying to match you word for word (or "mhm" for wor, even).

Possibly the most annoying speech mannerism in the world.

One of each would be a match made in lingustic heaven! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

People who can't read upside down;
    or even more annoyingly, can't read at an angle.
    When you're reading something and somebody on other side of table or to the side decides to try read it as well, but because they can't cope with anything other than dead straight typing think they have the right to turn the page/paper/magazine.

I know I've implied that I can read upside down, and I can, but if they can't why would they assume I can...

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    People who can't read upside down;
    or even more annoyingly, can't read at an angle.
    When you're reading something and somebody on other side of table or to the side decides to try read it as well, but because they can't cope with anything other than dead straight typing think they have the right to turn the page/paper/magazine.

I know I've implied that I can read upside down, and I can, but if they can't why would they assume I can...
    Had a flashback to school just there, where the kid beside you would forget their book so you had to share and basically wound up doing some weird variation of arm wrestling for 45 minutes. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

MJ23 wrote: »

Jesus, they are something else, like something g from Killnascully, and only delighted to sound like a pack of morons, speaking in fuucking riddles.
    "well I cant, but then nobody can so if anyone cant do it let me know and I will shee if I can do it"

Eating ham and cheese (easi singles no less) from the wrapper like a savage, at the very least he could have grabbed a roll/sandwich from his MACE.
    "I love ****tin in front of the fire to warm my toesh"
    "its ash clear asha sheet of paper".......words of wisdom indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭azul

when pubs, hotels, cafes, restaurants etc charge top dolla for a cuppa and then use ****ty bulk catering tea bags. Feckin cheap skates. The petrol stations seem to be one of the few place that get this one right. ie: quality brand tea individually packaged. argggggggg!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭bnt

A trend I've noticed in threads here is that people are mixing up "rob" and "steal". It's easy, folks: people are robbed, and the property is stolen.

"My bike was robbed" = wrong. You were robbed, your bike was stolen. :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

I am in uni doing a phd and so tend to meet a lot of people who are up their own asses. Today it was the turn of the gender studies people who told me that I was oppressing all women with my masculinity and that we need gender quotas in politics to represent both masculinity and femininity.
    Wondering if I should start phoning every female I know and apologise for oppressing with my masculinity or give the gender studies people the beatings they so richly deserve.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement