Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I am in uni doing a phd and so tend to meet a lot of people who are up their own asses. Today it was the turn of the gender studies people who told me that I was oppressing all women with my masculinity and that we need gender quotas in politics to represent both masculinity and femininity.
    Wondering if I should start phoning every female I know and apologise for oppressing with my masculinity or give the gender studies people the beatings they so richly deserve.

Gender studies lol. These people should be laughed at.

The Nikon aaaaaah music

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I say 'toupe'. No one has called me on it yet. I am tempted to say Palestinians instead of Philistines when giving out about someone but am pretty sure they'd just think I was stupid.

I remember years ago a guy telling me about some East German who had defecated to the West..............

Ad on radio now, pretend sultry voiced female going "The jervissss Sssssssentre" Aaaagh

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Ad on radio now, pretend sultry voiced female going "The jervissss Sssssssentre" Aaaagh

Even worse those FUCKING ADS FOR KILDARE VILLAGE!!!, who thought saying Fabulous ad nauseum in a weird D4 accent was a good idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Gender studies lol. These people should be laughed at.

Definitely. Ladies have a kebab, gentlemen have a Silly <MICHAEL NOONAN ACCENT>Biiiiiyy.</MICHAEL NOONAN ACCENT>. Well done, here's your degree. G'luck! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

People spitting on the street. Savages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 originalstatus

People who stand a breath's distance behind you in a queue.

And hang nails.

And hang nails.
    People who try to shove you up in the queue just because the person in front of you has moved up an inch, even though there are still lots of people in front of them.

Paper cuts.

• Advertisement

And don't move back when I glare at them repeatedly while moving my elbows about. Why do they think I'm glaring at them if not to evoke that response?

People who don't open the window when they're finished using the meeting room, etc., leaving the air all stale for the next group.

smeedyova wrote: »
    And don't move back when I glare at them repeatedly while moving my elbows about. Why do they think I'm glaring at them if not to evoke that response?

Maybe they think you're doing the birdy dance? :D

And hang nails.

And its always the guy who had a toasted Pedigree Chum and tuna sandwich for breakfast:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

I am in uni doing a phd and so tend to meet a lot of people who are up their own asses. Today it was the turn of the gender studies people who told me that I was oppressing all women with my masculinity and that we need gender quotas in politics to represent both masculinity and femininity.
    Wondering if I should start phoning every female I know and apologise for oppressing with my masculinity or give the gender studies people the beatings they so richly deserve.

They might have a point! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

When everyone suddenly becomes an expert after a newsworthy event. Like after a crash or a building collapses, the number of apparent structural or aviation engineers in AH who come out of the woodwork is interesting.

And aroung August/September I learned that Ireland has many many more experts in Peruvian criminal law than I would ever have imagined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Lucena wrote: »
    They might have a point! :D

I don't discriminate along those lines when it comes to ass kicking. I believe firmly in equality. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Jesus, they are something else, like something g from Killnascully, and only delighted to sound like a pack of morons, speaking in fuucking riddles.
    "well I cant, but then nobody can so if anyone cant do it let me know and I will shee if I can do it"

Eating ham and cheese (easi singles no less) from the wrapper like a savage, at the very least he could have grabbed a roll/sandwich from his MACE.
    "I love ****tin in front of the fire to warm my toesh"
    "its ash clear asha sheet of paper".......words of wisdom indeed
    I have to say I find them very entertaining. And there's something fierce rideable about Michael Healy Rae.

People who say "I'll tell ya" at the start of a sentence :mad:

Rasheed wrote: »
    I have to say I find them very entertaining. And there's something fierce rideable about Michael Healy Rae.

:D:D, Ride away, entertaining is fine....if you are in the entertainment business:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Parents who have baby girls with no hair and put hairbands on them. Like, hairbands are designed to keep your hair out of your face, not to decorate a bald baby head. It just looks stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Parents who have baby girls with no hair and put hairbands on them. Like, hairbands are designed to keep your hair out of your face, not to decorate a bald baby head. It just looks stupid.

That's bad and all, but there's worse, no, seriously, there is-

I was walking down the street there earlier and a woman and her friend were standing ready to cross the road with what I thought was a small girl in tow. "She" was wearing a cerise pink puff jacket and ambling along with a pull-along toy...

"Come on Andy, Andy!"

I'd to do a double take as I looked behind me thinking I'd misheard, but no, on second glance it was indeed a young boy wearing a neon pink jacket! I don't even bat an eyelid any more at the "fighting the gender stereotypes" shìte some parents are doing, making their children fight their battles for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Maybe little Andy liked his little pink jacket!
    One of my baby cousins decided he liked a ... erm, I can't remember what item of clothing it was, it involved sparkles anyway - which was originally bought for his sister :p

Or it could have been "we won't give them a gender" parents yeah :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I took a liking to a Barbie doll when I was a kid. Just because I liked the feel of the dress! It's perfectly normal. So mammy says anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

I heard a couple of lads with this accent in Lidl last night. I couldnt figure out if I was in 2006 or 2013

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

People who say 'That'll learn you'. No, it ****ing won't, you c**t!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Czarcasm wrote: »
    That's bad and all, but there's worse, no, seriously, there is-

I was walking down the street there earlier and a woman and her friend were standing ready to cross the road with what I thought was a small girl in tow. "She" was wearing a cerise pink puff jacket and ambling along with a pull-along toy...

"Come on Andy, Andy!"

I'd to do a double take as I looked behind me thinking I'd misheard, but no, on second glance it was indeed a young boy wearing a neon pink jacket! I don't even bat an eyelid any more at the "fighting the gender stereotypes" shìte some parents are doing, making their children fight their battles for them!

Andi can be a girls name, short for Andrea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

People who say, do you follow me, at the end of every fookin sentence when they are explaining something to you. Had a boss like that in my twenties, he was an as$hole.

People who visit the US for two weeks and come home with an American accent or visit Australia and the minute they return start calling everyone maayte or saying giddaaay.

Eamon Dunphy's hair. It pi$$es me off no end.

How smug Sharon Ni Bheola, Ni Bhoelai, Ni Bheolain??? The blonde doll on RTE who can't smile in case her face cracks.

Jean Byrne never wearing her leather dresses anymore, boo hoo hoo:confused: The number of warm fronts rising when she wore them went up 10000% back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Billy86 wrote: »
    But here's the dilemma Keith, on which side of the punctuation do you put your smiley face icon yolkies!?!?!?

I tend to avoid this dilemma by never ever using childish emoticons.

Hope that helps. :) .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement