Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

When people ask you what they were going to say when they have forgotten, like this: "what was I going to say?"

How should I know?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

smeedyova wrote: »
    When people ask you what they were going to say when they have forgotten, like this: "what was I going to say?"

How should I know?

They are hoping they can be reminded of what they were saying by you.

They are asking themselves really, not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

People who finish my sentences( finish my sentences).

How do they know what I'm going to say next (going to say next)?

I know at least 3 women who do this most of the time(most of the time).

So annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

When incidents are reported as being a "near miss". If something is a near miss then isn't that a hit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Supermarket bag packers.

Go away, I'll do it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

MJ23 wrote: »
    Supermarket bag packers.

Superquinn used to pack the bags which I didn't mind. It's the local sports clubs standing around looking for money to pack them that gets me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

Supermarket bag packers.

Coming from someone who used to pack bags - Say this!

It made my day when people wanted to pack their own bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Supermarket bag packers.

That's just to guilt you into giving money to the local gaa club/scout group/dance class or whatever.

I would generally throw them a few coppers, but won't let some eight year old mouthbreather mix my cleaning products with my fresh vegetables. B*tch please....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

That's just to guilt you into giving money to the local gaa club/scout group/dance class or whatever.

I would generally throw them a few coppers, but won't let some eight year old mouthbreader mix my cleaning products with my fresh vegetables. B*tch please....

Wait, stop, put down that loaf! Get it away from your... you're not going to...OH GOD NOOOOOOOOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Jesh1

Google +/ Google location reporting/ Google search history / Google automatic photo upload.

.......there I said it.

I don't want my S*** all over the Internet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Supermarket bag packers.

And the dejected look they give you when you say no.

Charity muggers shaking their coin boxes on the street. The noise of it is brutal.

smeedyova wrote: »
    Charity muggers

Fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

The term: back in the day. I don't know why it irritates me but it does - sorry Red.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Fcukin' Americans and their stupid phrases.

I've heard this a few times recently and I heard it again tonight and my bile is rising.

The winningest fighter in the UFC.

The winningest coach in college football.

WINNINGEST ?

FCUK OFF. FCUK OFF. FCUK OFF. FCUK OFFF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Morons who let their off lead dogs boing all over my dog who is onlead, especially in areas where dogs are supposed to be kept onlead and especially when I am also walking with my baby in her pram and they end up boinging all over the pram too.

And then they feebly attempt to recall the dog when every Tom, Dick and Harry in the surrounding area can see that the dog is never going to come back to them because they have no control over them and have never bothered to teach them recall.

And then they get all affronted when you ask them to remove their dog's nose from your dog's arse, because, you know, he only wants to play, like.

D*CKS!!

^^ I read a similar story in the paper this morning. You didn't pull a gun on anyone did you? :pac:

Spaces before commas. :(

Also , to a lesser extent ,no spaces after commas.

The two combined give me eyeache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

The winningest fighter in the UFC.

I heard that too, Joe Rogan shut your stupid face!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Saying liking, loving or hating instead of like, love or hate. The main cuprits are the americans and brits.

I'm loving your new hair cut. I'm really liking the way he sings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Fcukin' Americans and their stupid phrases.
    "I'll write you."

Yeah, I'll write me too. Me. Billy. There. Done.

That and the word 'cuss' - I might be wrong, but I've got a feeling that sprung out of the vomit inducing "wholesome" side of America who still want to believe they are living in 1957 believing that the word 'curse' was in itself too much of a curse. Winds me up no end.

And not so much a phrase but calling their national champions "world champs" - it might mean you're the best in the world at it since most other countries don't play their sports much, but can you imagine if Dublin were crowned "world champs" after winning the All Ireland? Funniest is when they do it in basketball in the rare year where they don't win gold at the Olympics. :pac:

And another is "all of sports" - like saying Lebron must be the 'best player in all of sports', or Rodgers/Manning/Brady in the NFL are in the 'best form in all of sports'... while Messi is dancing all over the record books.

People who write "Kind Regards" :mad:

The same people usually neglect to add a comma after "Regards".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I had a great day. A kind lady, who was ahead of me in a shop queue, let me go ahead as she had a several things, and I only had four. what a nice person. I did not meet one smelly fuucker or anyone who spit, pissed or vomited as I went about my daily business. I also found a tenner, I offered to the a charity at the checkout, but the nice man declined, he said already collected more than enough, but continue to pack the bags for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I had a great day. A kind lady, who was ahead of me in a shop queue, let me go ahead as she had a several things, and I only had four. what a nice person. I did not meet one smelly fuucker or anyone who spit, pissed or vomited as I went about my daily business. I also found a tenner, I offered to the a charity at the checkout, but the nice man declined, he said already collected more than enough, but continue to pack the bags for free.

Buy a lotto ticket :P

I hate the way girls nowadays carry their handbags around dangling it in front of them on their wrists with their palms facing upwards.

When I was a kid all women carried their handbags on with the strap their shoulders.

Then during the boom it all changed and an entire generation of Irish women started walking around as if they were Paris f*cking Hilton :mad:

It's especially worse when ugly chick do it thinking they look hot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Days 298 wrote: »
    Buy a lotto ticket :P

I did, won shag all, tripped in wino piss on my out of the off licence and my car was gone:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Ads, more often than not christmas ones, that prey on my feels with their misuse of various musical themes from Edward Scissorhands to peddle whatever ****ty product they want people to buy :(
    die marketing scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

My dog following me around, she's old and she likes to be near people but she's going to break both our necks one of these days. I was stacking wood today, a couple of hours of moving it from a trailer over to a sheltered corner which was a distance of about ten feet, and gobsh1te toddled along after me over and back, or stood there staring at me as I was stacking/loading. For two hours! I mean yeah, aw, nice doggie, loyal doggie but jesus, between tripping over her and having her staring at me with her head cocked like "wtf are you doing that for?"

Don't judge me. You got stuck on the stairs the other day. You don't get to judge me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The Edge's wee black skull cap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement