Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

Spaces before question marks. What's that about ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

NIMAN wrote: »
    The Edge's wee black skull cap.

Just The Edge in general. My parents know his father and told me his family actually call him The Edge when talking about him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Just The Edge in general. My parents know his father and told me his family actually call him The Edge when talking about him!

Ahh here! :pac:

Though his net worth financially speaking may have something to do with their calling him exactly whatever the hell he likes! The cynic in me says they know which side their bread is buttered :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Since I moved every take away has to call me to ask where I live, even if I specifically say the shop I live above. If I am lucky they will manage to find the place without me waiting outside.

Due to my new address I am considered in the area for a different Dominos, got pizza from them twice. The last dominos would have the pizza at my door in 17 minutes and the online tracker was accurate. Now the online tracker doesnt get updated. The first time they didnt give the garlic sauce and the second time they added toppings I didnt order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

Since I moved every take away has to call me to ask where I live, even if I specifically say the shop I live above. If I am lucky they will manage to find the place without me waiting outside.

Due to my new address I am considered in the area for a different Dominos, got pizza from them twice. The last dominos would have the pizza at my door in 17 minutes and the online tracker was accurate. Now the online tracker doesnt get updated. The first time they didnt give the garlic sauce and the second time they added toppings I didnt order.

Wait outside your door for your pizza? What's the point of that? The whole point of ordering in is so that you don't have to step outside, no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

But if they can find you outside your house then they must be able to find your house and ring the bell???

smeedyova wrote: »
    But if they can find you outside your house then they must be able to find your house and ring the bell???

It's a bit easier to spot someone outside a house with a light on than to figure out house numbers somewhere you're not used to. Or worse, streets with house names.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

The phrase "self confessed"

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Christmas songs being played on radio NOW!!!!!!

urge to go down to radio station & shove microphone into an orifice of the DJ. lengthways ..

• Advertisement

It's a bit easier to spot someone outside a house with a light on than to figure out house numbers somewhere you're not used to. Or worse, streets with house names.

Er, if you've paid for a delivery then you've paid them to figure out where you live. Waiting outside your house waving a red flag just indulges their laziness. I don't work for delivery companies so I'm not prepared to stand outside my house. If people didn't stand outside their houses delivery people would have to become competent at finding houses all by themselves and that would lead to a better delivery service for everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I had a great day. A kind lady, who was ahead of me in a shop queue, let me go ahead as she had a several things, and I only had four. what a nice person. I did not meet one smelly fuucker or anyone who spit, pissed or vomited as I went about my daily business. I also found a tenner, I offered to the a charity at the checkout, but the nice man declined, he said already collected more than enough, but continue to pack the bags for free.

GTFO :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

:( 'pre-madonna' :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

When parents refer to their infant as "baba" or some other sickening cutesy name. Makes me resent new borns.

The fact that everybody seems to be sick right now. Coughing and hacking and spraying. God's sake people will ye try to keep yourselves firing on all cylinders so that minor coughs and colds dont floor you? And if you do fall off your perch can you at least try not to spread your manky germs around? Gross :(

When parents refer to their infant as "baba" or some other sickening cutesy name. Makes me resent new borns.

Or say "we're pregnant" :mad:

Be shot for this but the way newborns are not cute babies until after they recover from the birth. They're all covered in gick and that weird hair and dry skin. They are all exactly the same! Added to that the red, crinkled look - it's just not cool :) I often find myself wondering when I have a child, will I love it immediately or will I have to wait until it's ironed out and not so red anymore :P lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Or say "we're pregnant" :mad:

Be shot for this but the way newborns are not cute babies until after they recover from the birth. They're all covered in gick and that weird hair and dry skin. They are all exactly the same! Added to that the red, crinkled look - it's just not cool :) I often find myself wondering when I have a child, will I love it immediately or will I have to wait until it's ironed out and not so red anymore :P lol

I have three, and love them as I do, when newborn, they all looked:pac: like sparrow chicks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

I have three, and love them as I do, when newborn, they all looked:pac: like sparrow chicks

Mine looked like angry aliens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

I think newborns look like turtles.

• Advertisement

Er, if you've paid for a delivery then you've paid them to figure out where you live. Waiting outside your house waving a red flag just indulges their laziness. I don't work for delivery companies so I'm not prepared to stand outside my house. If people didn't stand outside their houses delivery people would have to become competent at finding houses all by themselves and that would lead to a better delivery service for everybody.
    I'll put up with the "hassle" of putting on a light and standing outside so as to avoid cold food. I assume you're one of those people who doesn't tidy after themselves in a fast food place.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

People misusing the end of the word Alcoholic.

Oh, David is a real workaholic...I'm a chocoholic... Susan is a shopaholic...

Really, is she? Susan has a mental and physical addiction to SHOPAHOL ?

Its only a bleedin pizza!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Dr. Oetker pizza. Cardboard base, with toppings that came out of a photocopier.

"Real Italian Pizza"

Made in Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I'll put up with the "hassle" of putting on a light and standing outside so as to avoid cold food. I assume you're one of those people who doesn't tidy after themselves in a fast food place.
    I like tuwtles.

MJ23 wrote: »
    Dr. Oetker pizza. Cardboard base, with toppings that came out of a photocopier.

"Real Italian Pizza"

Made in Germany.
    That always made no sense to me either - I guess 'real German pizza' isn't as marketable of course, but... Dr. Oetker, Italian? You're no fooling anyone! :pac:

I don't really like frozen pizzas to be honest, but they are actually very much on the better end of them if you ask me - and dirt cheap compared to most, too.

Billy86 wrote: »
    I like tuwtles.
    ]

On pizza?:D Lickle baby tuwtles.....

People misusing the end of the word Alcoholic.

Oh, David is a real workaholic...I'm a chocoholic... Susan is a shopaholic...

Really, is she? Susan has a mental and physical addiction to SHOPAHOL ?

I'm reading this with my mouth open in disbelief. How can we all have been so stupid?!! :eek:

Billy86 wrote: »
    That always made no sense to me either - I guess 'real German pizza' isn't as marketable of course, but... Dr. Oetker, Italian? You're no fooling anyone! :pac:
    I heard he got his Doctorate in Ancient Civilisations as well.

• Advertisement

]On pizza?:D Lickle baby tuwtles.....
    Zombies will eat anything!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement