Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I have three, and love them as I do, when newborn, they all looked:pac: like sparrow chicks

Years of Hollywood bombarding us with plump, non-creased babies playing the role of newborn and then we get the shock of our lives when they come out. When I first saw my Godson, he was about ten hours old and I was convinced that someone had got the dates wrong and he was actually premature - he was teeny! (and an average 8lber) :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Years of Hollywood bombarding us with plump, non-creased babies playing the role of newborn and then we get the shock of our lives when they come out. When I first saw my Godson, he was about ten hours old and I was convinced that someone had got the dates wrong and he was actually premature - he was teeny! (and an average 8lber) :eek:

Good sized child....................small turkey though:D

People misusing the end of the word Alcoholic.

Oh, David is a real workaholic...I'm a chocoholic... Susan is a shopaholic...

Really, is she? Susan has a mental and physical addiction to SHOPAHOL ?

The penny has dropped for me....took a while:D I was out last night

Jesus, they are something else, like something g from Killnascully, and only delighted to sound like a pack of morons, speaking in fuucking riddles.
    "well I cant, but then nobody can so if anyone cant do it let me know and I will shee if I can do it"

Eating ham and cheese (easi singles no less) from the wrapper like a savage, at the very least he could have grabbed a roll/sandwich from his MACE.
    "I love ****tin in front of the fire to warm my toesh"
    "its ash clear asha sheet of paper".......words of wisdom indeed

Aaah c'mon, don't say I am the only one who was bugged by the O'Healy-Raes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I am sick of people giving out to me for doing my job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Miaireland wrote: »
    I am sick of people giving out to me for doing my job.

If you're a clamper or a traffic warden then I'm sorry but you deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Arawn wrote: »
    What kind of modern day emergencies needs this ****?? who are you? McGyver??
    Gokei wrote: »
    I don't know who he is, but I'd love to see him in action

Or her, of course

Gokei's post made me sad... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Aaah c'mon, don't say I am the only one who was bugged by the O'Healy-Raes
    On the ad there the younger one (don't know his name) is speaking to a group of locals, might be in a pub. It is genuinely the first time I have not been able to understand a word coming from an Irish person's mouth, despite seeing it three or four times now.

I had also forgotten about this gem: "In Autumn 2007, Michael Healy-Rae took part in the reality television show on RTÉ called Celebrities Go Wild set in the "unforgiving landscapes" of Connemara. He emerged as the winner having received the largest number of votes from the "viewing public". In June 2011 news broke of a voting scandal, for which journalist Senan Molony received the award for "Scoop of the Year" at the National Newspapers of Ireland's Journalism Awards. It was revealed that Healy-Rae had received 3,636 votes from a phone in Leinster House at a cost of €2,600 to the Irish taxpayer, the premium-rate calls being charged on a tariff designed to raise money for charity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

I'll put up with the "hassle" of putting on a light and standing outside so as to avoid cold food. I assume you're one of those people who doesn't tidy after themselves in a fast food place.

That assumption is a rather ignorant leap. My point is that when one has paid for a home delivery one is rather stupid to stand outside waiting for it.

In a fast food place one does not pay for table service, therefore, yes, I do tidy up after myself. I do not, however, do work that I have paid somebody else to do. In this case, the customer has paid the delivery company to ring their doorbell and hand them a pizza. Standing outside in the cold giving directions is not part of that contract.

If the company hires people too stupid to find a house then I don't support their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

People going to the gym and doing f*ck all while there.

You don't gain health and fitness just by being present at the gym. Break a sweat!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

When someone has committed a minor criminal infraction and justifies it by saying "Why don't they go after the real criminals?".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

SV wrote: »
    If you're a clamper or a traffic warden then I'm sorry but you deserve it.

Yeah, wouldn't it be great if people could park wherever they want, whenever they want, without fear of any consequences.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

People who can't do anything on their own, or make a decision.

People who are unable to close a door.

The "butter" they use in most petrol stations, delis etc on your roll, is cheap margerine. Horrible stuff.

Dubliner cheese, made in Cork. Charleville cheese, made in Dublin. WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

Lucena wrote: »
    Yeah, wouldn't it be great if people could park wherever they want, whenever they want, without fear of any consequences.:)

They do in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Khannie wrote: »

You don't gain health and fitness just by being present at the gym. Break a sweat!

Girls who go to the gym in full "night out" make up. These girls then proceed to just stroll on a treadmill. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭HansHolzel

MJ23 wrote: »
    Dubliner cheese, made in Cork. Charleville cheese, made in Dublin. WTF?

Kilmeaden isn't made in Kilmeaden. Not any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

People watching other people in the gym. Get on with your own workout and stop staring at everyone else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

On that people who go to the gym and make out what they're doing is insanely hard. A man monster in there the other day roaring at the top so his lungs with every squat, he was squatting the bar on its own. Sweet Jesus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Gokei's post made me sad... :(

I do apologise. Why so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

I haven't found anything trivial today to grind my gears.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

people who are always happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭michael.dublin

I really hate the alarmclock in the morning. this morning... every morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

People who go on about going to the gym. Wow, aren't you great...you tosser.

Before I even get to my desk today I have had 2 phone calls and 4 emails to look at for other people. Don't mind me, not like I have anything to do.

People who go on about going to the gym. Wow, aren't you great...you tosser.

Indeed. When did it become so cool? The same people who use public transport and lifts instead of walking and taking the stairs. Whats that you say? 30 minutes fresh air and free exercise on a cold crisp morning if I walk to work? No thanks, I'd rather pay 300 a year to sweat my balls off with other smelly-balled b*stards :P

People who sniffle every ten seconds instead of using a tissue. W*nkers.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Indeed. When did it become so cool? The same people who use public transport and lifts instead of walking and taking the stairs. Whats that you say? 30 minutes fresh air and free exercise on a cold crisp morning if I walk to work? No thanks, I'd rather pay 300 a year to sweat my balls off with other smelly-balled b*stards :P

I always thought you were a woman! :pac:
    Well I never!

I always thought you were a woman! :pac:
    Well I never!

:pac: I am!...that's just what the smelly balled b*stards say ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Knight who says Meh

Well i find that annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

People watching other people in the gym. Get on with your own workout and stop staring at everyone else!

Better close my eyes the next time I'm in the gym, in case I accidentally see someone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement