Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

The full make-up job in the gym, don't understand that at all. It looks so inappropriate and incongruous.
    Khannie wrote: »
    Better close my eyes the next time I'm in the gym, in case I accidentally see someone.

Yeah, big difference between noticing something and staring.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Someone asks question.

Response Yes I don't know yes < notice the lack of commas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I may have mentioned this before, but a couple of years ago, in a sauna at local pool, there is a sign up PLEASE SHOWER BEFORE USE. women would come in, NOT showered (dry hair and smelling of Impulse), I did say it to them, and one said, "sure I will only be a few minutes".....It went on, one says to the other " I swear Mary, I just cant shift the last of the weight to get back in the sixteen" I am thinking, last time she saw sixteen, it was on a bus. It went on, "Honestly, even Easter Sunday, all I ate was ONE sweet" yeah, it must have been a fuucken three piece suite, ya big hippo (to myself)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I may have mentioned this before, but a couple of years ago, in a sauna at local pool, there is a sign up PLEASE SHOWER BEFORE USE. women would come in, NOT showered (dry hair and smelling of Impulse), I did say it to them, and one said, "sure I will only be a few minutes".....It went on, one says to the other " I swear Mary, I just cant shift the last of the weight to get back in the sixteen" I am thinking, last time she saw sixteen, it was on a bus. It went on, "Honestly, even Easter Sunday, all I ate was ONE sweet" yeah, it must have been a fuucken three piece suite, ya big hippo (to myself)

It is my understanding that women who parp on and on and on about weight, food, syns, self deprivation (usually of wine, bread, real sugar) and obsess not only about what they are not eating but what other people are eating....are usually fat f*cks and that really, though they might wobble between a discretionary 10lbs either way... overall they are still just fat f*cks who like to talk about dieting. Most people I know with a healthy approach to food will eat a fuucking mars bar if they want and be done with it. Contrast that with the ones who freeze their chocolate ("in case I eat the whole thing") and eat it one excruciating piece at a time - remembering to convert each piece to points/syns/calories each time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

^^ both sound like miserable existences to me.

• Advertisement

you know those blokes who knock at about 8pm , who shoot straight in to it, like you have been sitting in waiting for him to call and change your life

"Hi, I'm Vernon, can I ask do you have SKY ?"
    "Why ? (big manky SKY dish on top of my house, so I know this crowd sent their best man)
    "what? do you have SKY, is it the white box you have?"
    "but why are you asking me this?"
    "I can save you some money"
    " No thanks"
    Then, get this, he actually snorts and says.."ha, you don't want to save money"
    "nah, its alright thanks, I have loads"
    "I can get you a deal on the sports"
    " I don't watch sports"

You have to be a man, to appreciate the look on another mans face when you say this to them

Now please fuuck off my lands before I release the hounds. Would that count as watching sport?

you know those blokes who knock at about 8pm , who shoot straight in to it, like you have been sitting in waiting for him to call and change your life

"Hi, I'm Vernon, can I ask do you have SKY ?"
    "Why ? (big manky SKY dish on top of my house, so I know this crowd sent their best man)
    "what? do you have SKY, is it the white box you have?"
    "but why are you asking me this?"
    " No thanks"
    Then, get this, he actually snorts and says.."ha, you don't want to save money"
    "nah, its alright thanks, I have loads"
    "I can get you a deal on the sports"
    " I don't watch sports"

You have to be a man, to appreciate the look on another mans face when you say this to them

Now please fuuck off my lands before I release the hounds. Would that count as watching sport?

Tsk, have you learned nothing from me?

DON'T ANSWER THE DOOR!!!
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

" No thanks"

Similar to when I was minding my own business walking through Gatwick Airport, lad accosts me;
    "Sir, would you like a one in fifty chance of winning an Aston Martin???!!!"
    'No thanks, I already have a car'

He was gobsmacked, "but, but......" as i walk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

DON'T ANSWER THE DOOR!!!

+1. Most callers today are going to be clipboard-wielding lanyard-sporting bell ends on commission.
    If I'm eating my dinner or watching telly, they can fcuk off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I only answer the door if I'm expecting someone. I may have a sneaky look through the blinds to see if it's someone I recognise first if I'm not expecting a caller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

People who sit directly on the benches in the sauna without placing a towel under their sweaty bums. They then proceed to sweat directly onto the bench and then get up and leave a pool of sweat for the next person to sit in.

I also mind that I am, seemingly, the only person in Ireland who finds this disgusting. Even the management of these establishments think that I'm nutty when I complain about this. Usual response: "we can't ask people to use a towel in the sauna".

I do not use saunas in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

lol was that intentional pun?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

I only answer the door if I'm expecting someone. I may have a sneaky look through the blinds to see if it's someone I recognise first if I'm not expecting a caller.

1. I only let people in by appointment now. If I don't get a text from someone at least 24 hours beforehand, no getty inny.

2. Rigged up webcams to look out at the front of me gaff. If I see any clipboard wielding ne'er do wells approaching, then I'm not in. They can ring the front door bell as much as they like.

3. Even when I'm in, I'm out. Hey man, I called round on Saturday morning at 9am, but you weren't in. Correct, I was out. Same thing in the evening, always out, even if the lights are on and you can hear the tv and people chatting inside..... I'm still out, now f**k off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

^ ^ ^

Thanked for "getty inny" and "ne'er do wells".

smeedyova wrote: »
    That assumption is a rather ignorant leap. My point is that when one has paid for a home delivery one is rather stupid to stand outside waiting for it.

In a fast food place one does not pay for table service, therefore, yes, I do tidy up after myself. I do not, however, do work that I have paid somebody else to do. In this case, the customer has paid the delivery company to ring their doorbell and hand them a pizza. Standing outside in the cold giving directions is not part of that contract.

If the company hires people too stupid to find a house then I don't support their business.

Its STILL only a bleedin pizza:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Same here, not least because if I'm not expecting anyone the place is almost definitely a tip. I don't mind if it's one of my friends like but there's a fair chance it'll either be a Jehovah's (**** off) or just some neighbour wanting to talk about something parish/cattle related and the next time I go into the shop in the village it'll be:

"Well I hear SOMEONE was still in her dressing gown at 2 o clock in the afternoon the other day"

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

DON'T ANSWER THE DOOR!!!

I don't unless I expect company, nobody ever calls over unless they ask first so it's either chuggers or salesmen, both can go jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Overgrown hedges that take up half the footpath. Keep your bushes trim, people! >_<

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    Overgrown hedges that take up half the footpath. Keep your bushes trim, people! >_<

if-you-know-what-i-mean.png

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

The over enunciated "t's" in the RSA ad.
    Planning on going ouT-uh, plan on gett-uh-ing back.
    Fsck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,885 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

When I'm in the shower and have goosebumps on my legs and have to shave. I might as well be rubbing sandpaper on my legs!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That poor homeless bloke found burned in the Phoenix Park and someone pipes up with "that's so sad...... Especially close to Christmas"

So otherwise it wouldn't be?! Shut up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭dixierip

People who take a lifetime at ATM machines despite there being a queue behind them. And then they start fiddling around pressing buttons before withdrawing their card and no cash. And usually to top it off the whip another card out and off we go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

dixierip wrote: »
    People who take a lifetime at ATM machines despite there being a queue behind them. And then they start fiddling around pressing buttons before withdrawing their card and no cash. And usually to top it off the whip another card out and off we go again.

While I agree with your point, I must say I take issue with people who say 'ATM machines'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Fits of sneezing. It doesn't happen to me often buy byjaysus when it happens it's horrific.
    I had one earlier and it feesl like I just had the snot beaten out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Omackeral wrote: »
    That poor homeless bloke found burned in the Phoenix Park and someone pipes up with "that's so sad...... Especially close to Christmas"

Similar to the delivery driver stabbed on his last delivery.

Would have been any less tragic if he had years of deliveries left??!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

While I agree with your point, I must say I take issue with people who say 'ATM machines'.

...you have to put your PIN number in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Its like when there's been a body found by a man out walking his dog, like what relevance does it have. Maybe i'll bring my pet alligator on walks from now on.

"Body found by man out walking his pet alligator"

Or what if someone finds a body when they're walking on their own, is it going to look suspicious or something??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement