Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Dawn raids. Gardai carried out dawn raids on the homes of suspected criminals in county (insert name of county). Is it not a raid if it's carried out at lunch time or tea time?

Overuse of the oxymoron, pretty ugly, again in the media.

People who can't pronounce the word, Antidisestablishmentarianism. Cue the Youtube Blackadder clips.....

Met Eireann referring to anywhere from Donegal to Cork as 'the west'.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I know it's probably been mentioned.

"This transaction has been cancelled.

This ATM only dispenses €50 notes.

Please remove card from machine.

maximam amount available €120."

1) You couldn't have told me there were not €20's rather than offering me €40

2) How the fcuk am I meant to get €120 in €50's?

Fcuk you Bank of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It could be worse - in Australia if you use an ATM from a different bank than the one your card is registered with, you get charge €2-3 per transaction - this includes checking your balance, and some ATMs in busy places as best I know are not registered to any bank (and thus charge everyone).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

When nurses, expectant mothers and crusties speak about babies :mad:

Normal people (me) would say:

I'll get the baby...or...the baby is asleep...or...what's the name of the baby?

Whereas the crusties would say:

I'll get baybeeeeee..or...baybieeees asleep...or...what's baybieees name?

:mad: why can't you's keep 'THE'?! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Mint Aero wrote: »
    When nurses, expectant mothers and crusties speak about babies :mad:

Normal people (me) would say:

I'll get the baby...or...the baby is asleep...or...what's the name of the baby?

Whereas the crusties would say:

I'll get baybeeeeee..or...baybieeees asleep...or...what's baybieees name?

:mad: why can't you's keep 'THE'?! :mad:

While I admire your anger, what's a crustie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

That sound that a computer mouse makes when it's been slapped on a desk. Have a work colleague who does this continuously. Boils my piss it does.

Some day I'll shank the bastard with a highlighter pen. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Mickey H wrote: »
    That sound that a computer mouse makes when it's been slapped on a desk. Have a work colleague who does this continuously. Boils my piss it does.

Some day I'll shank the bastard with a highlighter pen. :mad:

report hom for cruelty to animals!

I have a colleague who sits a few feet away and she rubs hand cream on a couple of times a day. I hate the smell of the stuff but what can I say?
    I don't know why the hell she needs it. We're in an office not in a fishing trawler in the north sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Emails from Donedeal at 5am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Emails to say how long your ad has been on. I always get them them at 5am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

shi*ehawks still going on about burning the bondholders all these years later. The thread about the idiots on the news is a perfect example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

A 99 piece jigsaw.

Products in a shop that don't have a price sticker on them....off you go looking for a member of staff at the other end of the shop or store and they always seem to vanish when I go looking for them, tea break or fookin alien abduction?

A left over part after you've assembled an IKEA table.

Cool handles on containers you use in the microwave. Burnt my fookin thumb and fore finger yesterday grabbing one of those so called cool handles, cool me ar$e.

Getting the shi**y gift in the Christmas crackers, this year again.

ATM's running out of money a week before Christmas, I hope you are all making plans right now to remove enough money to keep you going until the second week in January.

Air freshener's that stop working a week after you buy them. It's either them or the waste disposal plant down the road from me has started up again.

Seeing a fly in your kitchen in December. If I could make my foot small enough I would leave it firmly planted in its ass.

Sober Santas, what's the point of that?

Joe Duffy on our tv screens over Christmas talking about God or something no one wants to hear about, maybe him wanting to be a saint or be canonised after he leaves RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I was in SuperValu and there was a middle aged woman who hadn't a notion of how to use the self service checkout, despite her efforts. She says to the supervisor, "You should have people to do this for you".
    How stupid can you get?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Eathrin wrote: »
    I was in SuperValu and there was a middle aged woman who hadn't a notion of how to use the self service checkout, despite her efforts. She says to the supervisor, "You should have people to do this for you".
    How stupid can you get?
    I was at a tesco (I think) before, and went to the self-service till. Someone was just standing at one, staring at it and holding up the line. One of the staff went to check were they ok, and they told the staff member it was their job to scan all their stuff. It was ridiculous how the concept of the self service till was lost on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Angron wrote: »
    I was at a tesco (I think) before, and went to the self-service till. Someone was just standing at one, staring at it and holding up the line. One of the staff went to check were they ok, and they told the staff member it was their job to scan all their stuff. It was ridiculous how the concept of the self service till was lost on them.

Sometimes it is quicker to go to a manned till, I usually look at the who is using the self service ones before I commit to that queue.
    Was down in Dunnes earlier (may as well get a mention seeing as Tesco & SV have been), there is some load of people who are unable to walk in a straight line on a footpath, fair enough if they were inebriated, but they were all stone sober.
    You go to walk past them on the left & they suddenly veer over to the left & you walk into them & stare you out of it as if you are in the wrong.

Then there are they people who just randomly stop in the middle of the footpath for no apparant reason.

And why the foook is there a Santa's Grotto open already, its only the 1st for the love of God

Getting groceries delivered is the way to go, until January at least, all the nutters will be out buying for the Apololypse Christmas

/Rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Groups of remote controllers :confused: :mad:
    Mostly annoys people when they can't find the remote but when they congregate together into a vicious little clinky plastic b*stard group on the couch it drives me doolally. :mad:

I've imposed a restraining order on my dvd remote to stay at least 5 feet away from the tv remote at all times :)

Colleagues going on smoke breaks when I'm starving and have to wait for lunch to eat.

Whenever they want, about three times a day, they get to toddle off and have a 3-5 minute break, on top of their usual break. I've got one hell of an appetite and no matter how big a breakfast I eat I'll always have hunger pains well before lunchtime. I could eat two bags of hula hoops in the time they have their smoke. Why don't I get a hula hoop break?? Or a mars bar break? Or a marmalade on soda bread break??

I don't blame the smokers at all for having their break, the bit that annoys me is that I don't get a little break too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Having to dry off after a shower at this time of year. Bad enough the rest of the year because it's so boring, now it's freezing too :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Having to dry off after a shower at this time of year. Bad enough the rest of the year because it's so boring, now it's freezing too :mad:

At least you get five minutes to yourself in the shower! I'm trying to take a bath here and it's like a bloody family re-union the way they all try to crowd in! :mad:

No, I don't want another cup of coffee!

You can wait 'til I get out of the bath to go to the toilet!

My wife reminds me of Mrs. Doyle, and the young lad is worse than fcuking Fr. Stone! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Colleagues going on smoke breaks when I'm starving and have to wait for lunch to eat.

Whenever they want, about three times a day, they get to toddle off and have a 3-5 minute break, on top of their usual break. I've got one hell of an appetite and no matter how big a breakfast I eat I'll always have hunger pains well before lunchtime. I could eat two bags of hula hoops in the time they have their smoke. Why don't I get a hula hoop break?? Or a mars bar break? Or a marmalade on soda bread break??

I don't blame the smokers at all for having their break, the bit that annoys me is that I don't get a little break too!

I follow smokers out for some air. It's your right so use it.

People who put their remote controls in plastic covers or wrap them in cling film.

gramar wrote: »
    People who put their remote controls in plastic covers or wrap them in cling film.

People? You know more than one person who does this? Never came across this in my life!

Gokei wrote: »
    People? You know more than one person who does this? Never came across this in my life!

I've been in lots of homes where I've seen it. I phrased it badly though, it's not the people that annoy me, it's the fact they put the remote control in a plastic sleeve or cling film.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Ads for electrical goods etc that say "only three nine nine" instead of three hundred and ninety nine. It's an abomination against the English language and probably consumer law too.

gramar wrote: »
    I've been in lots of homes where I've seen it. I phrased it badly though, it's not the people that annoy me, it's the fact they put the remote control in a plastic sleeve or cling film.

Yeah, I got what you meant, that's amazing! Wonder what they do that for?

sabat wrote: »
    Ads for electrical goods etc that say "only three nine nine" instead of three hundred and ninety nine. It's an abomination against the English language and probably consumer law too.

There's as christmas ad for Argos. There's a shaver or a hairdryer or something like that is 'now for under 40 pounds' It's 39.99. A whole penny.
    Whoopie doo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Barber shop quartets , just heard these singing on the radio , exterminate , exterminate , exterminate !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Ah relax would you. I spent years standing alone in the playground because I was a ginger - look at how society still treats my kind :P

You 'were ' a ginger , I'm so happy you were cured , it's a dreadful illness I believe!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

When you're in a queue and someone asks you "Are you in the queue?"
    Like I'm not standing there for the sake of it...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement