Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Knight who says Meh

When you're in a queue and someone asks you "Are you in the queue?"
    Like I'm not standing there for the sake of it...
    Some folk stand near a queue, they may be looking at something on a shelf which the queue stretches past so you need to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

about 5 phone chargers (all of them black) being lumped into one large bowl and the wires getting tangled, necessitating a 5-minute battle of wits between man and charger wire

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Some folk stand near a queue, they may be looking at something on a shelf which the queue stretches past so you need to check.

Yeah , I mean the times when some ask it's fairly obvious you are in the queue as you're queuing behind other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

People who put those antlers and red noses on the front of their cars for Xmas.
    the fact that I call it Xmas and not Christmas because I am too lazy to type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Fair isle anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Christmas carols ( bad enough) being sung "American style", i.e. stretching and dragging the arse out of every single woohOOOOOHooooohWOOOOORD, so Silent Night lasts about 45 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Jesus, I was in town both Friday and Saturday night and the place was crawling with numpties in Christmas jumpers.

November people, November.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Christmas carols ( bad enough) being sung "American style", i.e. stretching and dragging the arse out of every single woohOOOOOHooooohWOOOOORD, so Silent Night lasts about 45 mins!

Only slightly more annoying than Witnesses -

You know it's a slow day in the office when you're entertaining witnesses at the door and THEY'RE the ones are a bit freaked out that you haven't told them to fcuk off already! :pac:

Czarcasm wrote: »

You know it's a slow day in the office when you're entertaining witnesses at the door and THEY'RE the ones are a bit freaked out that you haven't told them to fcuk off already! :pac:

My passive aggressive brother (thats his official title :D) invited them in for tea a decade ago, in his efforts to get everyone to like him. Now, when he sees them coming with the lastest edition of Watchtower he hides behind the sofa while Mammy tells them we're not interested. He's 34 :D

Czarcasm wrote: »

I often wondered what would happen if you stopped a person in the middle of Grafton st, and said "can I take a few minutes of your time to talk to you about Satan and his works":D

• Advertisement

I often wondered what would happen if you stopped a person in the middle of Grafton st, and said "can I take a few minutes of your time to talk to you about Satan and his works":D

That's actually what I hear in my head when those fuuckers with the yellow jackets stop me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

I find as I am not as young as I used to be every fecking thing gets on my nerves... mostly the programmes my hubby and kids watch on TV. I mean really, I have seen episodes of Faulty Towers, Allo Allo, The Big Bang Theory, Friends umpteen million times now, that's not even mentioning the movies, Planet of the Apes, I kid you not I mean ffs.
    They don't do things the way I do things ..for instance, make a sandwich, put everything away wipe down counter crumbs into hand to put in bin, their way, make sandwich not bothering to look if there is butter already opened, noooo that would mean having to look a little bit more eat said sandwich and walk away :eek: till called back then it's throw knife in the direction of dishwasher butter in fridge bread in press crumbs wiped to the floor some of them the rest given a quick swish and where ever they land.
    I could write a book. Nag Nag Nag.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

caustic 1 wrote: »
    I find as I am not as young as I used to be every fecking thing gets on my nerves... mostly the programmes my hubby and kids watch on TV. I mean really, I have seen episodes of Faulty Towers, Allo Allo, The Big Bang Theory, Friends umpteen million times now, that's not even mentioning the movies, Planet of the Apes, I kid you not I mean ffs.
    They don't do things the way I do things ..for instance, make a sandwich, put everything away wipe down counter crumbs into hand to put in bin, their way, make sandwich not bothering to look if there is butter already opened, noooo that would mean having to look a little bit more eat said sandwich and walk away :eek: till called back then it's throw knife in the direction of dishwasher butter in fridge bread in press crumbs wiped to the floor some of them the rest given a quick swish and where ever they land.
    I could write a book. Nag Nag Nag.....

Only a mother could be this angry.

I've decided to respond to any happy christmas wishes people offer me with "Hail Satan" this year.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    That's actually what I hear in my head when those fuuckers with the yellow jackets stop me.

Do you mean Satans little helpers:D

I just noticed the Santa/Satan thing.....( I know I know).. Imagine showing up to mass on Xmas day in a Satan jumper:eek:

Do you mean Satans little helpers:D

I just noticed the Santa/Satan thing.....( I know I know).. Imagine showing up to mass on Xmas day in a Satan jumper:eek:

Ha ha ha. I actually many, many years ago had an AC/DC Highway To Hell back patch on my denim jacket, proabably I was 8 or 9, and one Sunday I got picked by the priest to carry the gifts at half time in mass and when I turned back to look at my parents, the both had their heads in their hands :pac:

Ha ha ha. I actually many, many years ago had an AC/DC Highway To Hell back patch on my denim jacket, proabably I was 8 or 9, and one Sunday I got picked by the priest to carry the gifts at half time in mass and when I turned back to look at my parents, the both had their heads in their hands :pac:

:D:D, that took some cojones, the turning your back on the priest bit....

1 like = 1 prayer
    1 share = 100 prayers

Is there some kind of simultaneous equation we are supposed to be solving here? Fuuck right off, facebook. :(

And those annoying pages created to remind us that hey another person also died with Paul Walker. Guess what, it's not a fuucking competition - they both died. It's a double tragedy and creating a facebook page to say "no faaaa-ir he got more RIP's than the other guy" will not bring either of them back!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Today, I was driving along a busy street in a busy suburb on a busy Monday just after lunch. What do I see only some flute on a bicycle with a toddler in front of him near the handlebars, and another even littler 'un in a little'un seat where one would normally see a carrier or such, wobbling along no doubt well chuffed with himself and his Greenie New-Man credentials. Well here is the news: get those poor children offa that thing and into something solid and safe before I, in the words of my late and dearly loved father, drive my boot a mile up your fuckan hole!! :mad:

• Advertisement

Anytime someone says "God bless you" to me it makes my skin crawl. I'll have nothing to do with your god, thanks very much.

Anytime someone says "God bless you" to me it makes my skin crawl. I'll have nothing to do with your god, thanks very much.

May God forgive you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

God forgives. As for me - Boot, Mile, Hole!! :D

Don't forget "and all the beloved saints in heaven":P

My feet are beginning to get very warm...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭I-like-eggs,mmm

Using a toilet after someone who's just had a big, smelly shít in it

People who leave...droplets...on the seat. Are we all 3 again??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Doctor Who fans. Nothing really against the show itself but, judging by the few episodes I've seen, it's so infantile I truly struggle to see what pleasure any adult could derive from it.

Whenever anyone says 'God bless you' to my dad, he always heartily answers 'And all who sail in her!'

Confuses the heck out of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Healy Rae Permit Holder

People who change their name on Facebook to Irish, i know a lot of them who wouldn't have 2 words of Irish let alone pronounce their new name.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement