Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

I get annoyed at my brain when....shaving above the sink I feel still it necessary to spit every now and again as if I'm brushing my teeth.

I even notice it when I do it but can't stop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

This is only going to be relevant to a few people but for those who do martial arts where you have to bow to get in and out of the room, when you go to some kind of master class and have to do it all day long and then for a few days after you end up bowing as you go into shops... absolutely mortifyingly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

People who put their chewing gum under tables ...ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Arpa wrote: »
    I get annoyed at my brain when....shaving above the sink I feel still it necessary to spit every now and again as if I'm brushing my teeth.

I even notice it when I do it but can't stop it.

A bloke beside me in the gym today - turned on the tap for five minutes for a shave , then 3 mins brushing teeth - then walked away and left tap on.
    Blokes like him need a water charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Women driving around multi-story car parks holding their ticket in their teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

A bloke beside me in the gym today - turned on the tap for five minutes for a shave , then 3 mins brushing teeth - then walked away and left tap on.
    Blokes like him need a water charge.

Technologically impaired country. They should use those push-button taps (like a lot of showers) that only stay on for 10-15 seconds.

Still, I'd like to think there's a special place in hell for wasters like that.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

The sudden rash of jaywakers brought on by the unseasonable warm weather. I swear they wait in the bushes until the light turns green and saunter across slowly just on time.

Almost as good as the people you wave across and then they deliberately go as slowly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Having any gods amount of toilet paper but in the wrong toilet. With the other devoid of same

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

subscriber wrote: »
    Simply ppl that leave used dishes with food in them in the sink for days, one of my house mates left stale beans in a pot in the sink for four days before washing it.. He was at the sink at least two times every day for the four days and never glanced at it never mind to wash it... Just don't get it..
    He should be hung drawn and quatered 4 days ? durty b***** 4 hours and i would be moving out

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

People who leave the door wide open when the heat is on and it's freezing outside. The big massive security tags that are on clothes footwear etc. that prevent you from comfortably trying on an item prior to purchasing it.
    Drawers that are so over-packed that they're wedged shut or items within the drawer fall down behind the back of the dresser.
    Agree on all counts.... Especially the door open when heat on wtf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

FF is the most popular party again. Are people stupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

FF is the most popular party again. Are people stupid?

I've learned that generally the answer to that question is yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

People who can't close a door
    People being fake
    Bad drivers
    People who shouldn't have kids
    People who wait til they're at the bank machine to go rooting around in their pockets, bags etc to find their card.
    Bag packers in supermarkets, i will avoid you at all costs.
    When in a queue and the person behind you is too close, step back and stop breathing on my neck
    Food mawlers, you can look without touching, with your dirty farmers hands
    People not knowing the difference between their they're and there, your and you're.
    Text speak
    People obsessed with the weather, yes its cold, put on a coat, or move to Spain.
    People who get upset with the word 'foreigners', why can't we say it. Non nationals is stupid, it's just like calling an amateur golfer a 'non professional'.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭janeo80

"Here, here" - It's hear, hear

Slow cars in the fast lane that won't move over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Murt10

Sadderday wrote: »
    Fair play to you !!!!

Even at the speed limit of 120 on the N4 I feel bullied into the inside lane at times.... i'm going maximum speed... sometimes breaking the limit slightly as it is!! Idiots!!!!

The problem is how do you know that you are doing 120kph. Just because your speedo says 120 doesn't make it a fact.

If you have a sat nav compare the speed that it says you are doing against what the speedo says.

In my case I'm actually doing 110 on the sat nav when the speedo says 120.

I read somewhere that manufacturers are allowed sell cars with speedos that overstate the speed you are doing but under no circumstances can they sell you one that understates your speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

people who allow their dogs to crap all over the footpath, then stroll off without a second thought for the man following with a buggy, who doesn't see the mess, and trods straight into it and through it....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Jamie Heaslip wearing his earphones at the coin toss before the rugby match

for some reason this annoyed me, just felt it lacked a bit of class

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

wprathead wrote: »
    Jamie Heaslip wearing his earphones at the coin toss before the rugby match

for some reason this annoyed me, just felt it lacked a bit of class

The whole match lacked a bit of class, I reckons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

> When your walking down the street directly behind someone and all of a sudden they just stop without warning and you end up nearly walking in to them.

> the word "guys"

> when your in a car park and notice a person going to their spot to leave the car park, this person has seen me and knows I am waiting to park in their spot, yet it fookin takes them 5 fookin minutes to get in their car and leave.

> small changing rooms

> people in the gym who can't put the bloody weights back in the correct section.

> people in cars taking slow left turns

> women that are in a queue for the shop for up to 5 mins. They know the feckin process and that they will have to do the usual i.e. pay ! When it comes to paying time, it comes as a total shock to them. And they then open their big handbag and start rootin around for another 2 mins looking for their wallet. Does my head in. This should all be pre done whilst waiting in the queue

> wine being poured

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

Flip flops! the sound of sweaty feet slapping against the shoe gives me the shivers:mad: likewise the sound of people shuffing along in their cheap knockoff uggs wreaks in head! :mad: so summer/winter i can't get away from people tormenting me with their footwear :o

• Advertisement

Oh god I hate knockoff uggs when you can see they're all deformed after a day's wear!!!

Children in poor footwear bothers me too, those little legs need support!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Just today I realised that Rugby annoys the sh1t outa me. Maybe it's not trivial, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

wine being poured

Does it annoy you once it's been poured or is it just the act of pouring that annoys you?

I find this one great. It's the most trivial thing on the thread so far I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Just today I realised that Rugby annoys the sh1t outa me. Maybe it's not trivial, though.

+ one

The media obsession with Rugby annoys me and then today I gave in and watched the game :(

Good news is that is was so boring, stop start etc that I won't bother again. And the stamping by Cian Healy gave me something to use for arguments in the future ;)

Back to GAA and Soccer it is:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Today's match wasn't exactly a great advertisement for rugby in fairness!

It's usually infinitely more entertaining than soccer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Writing slogans on the tricolour

Goes for football matches and political marches and everything inbetween

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

wow sierra wrote: »
    + one

The media obsession with Rugby annoys me and then today I gave in and watched the game :(

Good news is that is was so boring, stop start etc that I won't bother again. And the stamping by Cian Healy made Paul Galvin or Noel O'Leary look like pussycats.

Back to GAA and Soccer it is:D;)

I watched the whole game! The first time in years, I think. Such a boring, tedious game. Fcuking football season is over. /rage

I suppose the indoor season has begun. #small mercies.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    #small mercies.

Hashtags anywhere other than twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

amazeballs

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Does it annoy you once it's been poured or is it just the act of pouring that annoys you?

I find this one great. It's the most trivial thing on the thread so far I think!

; )

It's just the sound of the wine being poured that annoys me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement