Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

gramar wrote: »
    There were two rich kid girls on the tv yesterday talking about a party and described it as epicendary. They went on to explain that it's a mix of both epic and legendary.

Seeing as you have your arse kicking boots on there Jim Goose you can drive your boot up their holes too while you're at it.

I'm sorry, but that is just not nearly adequate punishment. They should be forced to explain the term to a large audience who will react appropriately by throwing up all over them. Being drowned in vomit sounds a suitable response to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Sudden shooting pains that floor you and then just fuucking disappear...leaving you thinking what the hell was that?

Sorry about that, I may have been standing too close behind your chair, pen in my pocket...

*creeps away* :p

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Sorry about that, I may have been standing too close behind your chair, pen in my pocket...

yeah, ''your pen'', whatever , Czarcasm...:P;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

People texting while they walk. They inevitably slow everyone down and bump into people trying to pass. Makes me want to push them straight into a bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

People who call say "Kris Kringle" instead of "Kris Kindle."

F*ckin ejits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

whirlpool wrote: »

F*ckin ejits.

But it IS Kris Kringle...

Unless I misunderstand you and you mean people who say Kris Kindle? :o

F*ckin ejits.

worse again, are those who say 'Kris Kingle' that is like nails on a blackboard for me....:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Uberbeamerman

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People stealing your posts on boards...
    That's twice that's happened me now, where someone has posted the exact same as me 3/4 pages later

well played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

But it IS Kris Kringle...

Unless I misunderstand you and you mean people who say Kris Kindle? :o

Nope, I mean people who say Kris Kringle. I don't know where "Kris Kringle" originated, but it was definitely made up by - and is still used today solely by - muppets who can't talk properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Nope, I mean people who say Kris Kringle. I don't know where "Kris Kringle" originated, but it was definitely made up by - and is still used today solely by - muppets who can't talk properly.
    Ya, because Kris Kindle and Santa are real :pac:

• Advertisement

Ya, because Kris Kindle and Santa are real :pac:

Oh YES ,he is real. Havent you seen Miracle on 34th Street??:eek:

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Dear man in gym. You've been sitting on your arse blocking that machine for 20 minutes talking to your friend. You're not talking about the machine. Go and snuggle up with him in the changing room or something, just let me use the blasted thing and get out of here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Thoie wrote: »
    Dear man in gym. You've been sitting on your arse blocking that machine for 20 minutes talking to your friend. You're not talking about the machine. Go and snuggle up with him in the changing room or something, just let me use the blasted thing and get out of here.

'Excuse me, would you mind if I used that machine?'

You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Newspaper with a sport supplement, that's fine, but then you find half the paper taken up with more sport.

I kind of hate movember. I think people's motives are 90% vanity and 10% for the charity side of it.

Also, some women are getting too into it, I mean I saw some women in work going around for a full day with fake moustaches on, including in meetings. It was both disgusting and irritating.

Mind you, the fact that I'm incapable of growing a respectable moustache might make me bitter...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

I kind of hate movember. I think people's motives are 90% vanity and 10% for the charity side of it.

Also, some women are getting too into it, I mean I saw some women in work going around for a full day with fake moustaches on, including in meetings. It was both disgusting and irritating.

Mind you, the fact that I'm incapable of growing a respectable moustache might make me bitter...
    Women in my workplace who don't have to wear fake moustaches :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭muckyhands

When Ive spent time typing a response to a post or whatever and my internet 'freezes' leaving me back at square one and I have to do it all over again, Im sure IM NOT ALONE IN THIS :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

my calf is so itchy, it's almost all I can think about. the dressing will be taken off for 15-20 minutes on thursday so I get to scratch the living **** out of it then but for right now... jesus ****ing christ it's so itchy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

my calf is so itchy, it's almost all I can think about. the dressing will be taken off for 15-20 minutes on thursday so I get to scratch the living **** out of it then but for right now... jesus ****ing christ it's so itchy

Smack it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

mauzo! wrote: »
    Smack it!

it's a skin graft :/ not even allowed turn on that side when im asleep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

ah yes, nothing quite like eating pizza to the sound of some unseen animal gnawing it's way up through the wooden floorboard tryin to get to ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

There seems to be a lot of giving out about women and handbag rummaging (rightfully) but in the interest of gender equality ;)

Men in airport security queues. :mad: "I don't have a handbag but I have every available pocket filled with items that need to go through the scanner". Queue 5 minutes of rummaging and still setting the alarm off because they haven't taken their stupid belt off. New flash! They're metal too...

There are signs and announcements for you to take off your jacket, so take the ****ing thing off before you get to the belt! And belts, they're metal you know... And empty your goddamn pockets of change, phones, and all other miscellaneous metal objects.

Melts my head.

I feel better now but there will be an international incident one of these days at an airport... With this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

On the subject of airport scanners - their inconsistency.

was getting connection flight through Gatwick, outbound flew through no problem, shoes set it off on the return leg. How did they not set it off going out?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

As a pretty much blind specky four eyed person i hate...ABSOLUTELY ****ING HATE anyone touching my glasses. Be it small children , even my own, or drunk mates grabbing them to try them on.
    If you break them I AM BLIND
    Whilst you are being amused by trying them on I AM BLIND
    When the Zombie apocalypse comes if you break my glasses i may as well just serve myself to the hordes on a platter.
    DO YOU GET IT!!! LEAVE ME SPECS ALONE THEY ARE PRECIOUS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Do you go to Pheonix park?
    No, Mountjoy square, as it says on the front of the ****ing bus.
    So you go up O'Connell street
    Yes
    Do you stop at Stephen's Green
    Yes
    So you go up Leeson street?
    Yes, how the **** else do you get from Foxrock to Stephen's green.
    Ok, UCD please
    Oh, would the 46a be quicker?
    Not if you shut the **** up, pay your money and let us all get on our way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Your pen. Yeah, sure... :eek::pac:

Edit: damn you Jake1 for getting there first!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Two oul dears side by side the whole way down the steps out of Tara St this morning, acres of space in front of them but do ya think they'd think to get out of the f*cking waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy........ :mad:

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

As a pretty much blind specky four eyed person i hate...ABSOLUTELY ****ING HATE anyone touching my glasses. Be it small children , even my own, or drunk mates grabbing them to try them on.
    When the Zombie apocalypse comes if you break my glasses i may as well just serve myself to the hordes on a platter.

YES!
    And they usually bend them out of shape with their fat heads, then go "Oh my god, you're so blind".

Some comedian had a line about this a good few years ago, comparing it to kicking someone out of their wheelchair, sitting in it, and then saying "Oh my god, you're so crippled!". :D Not PC but made me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

I thought you were killed in Lord of the flies Fatty , glad to hear you made it !:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    On the subject of airport scanners - their inconsistency.

was getting connection flight through Gatwick, outbound flew through no problem, shoes set it off on the return leg. How did they not set it off going out?

The machines are set to activate randomly even if nothing is detected so that the search units can carry out random searches.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement