Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Have we done "foglights when it is not foggy" yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

MadsL wrote: »
    Have we done "foglights when it is not foggy" yet?

Front ones are perfectly exceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

jimgoose wrote: »
    I'll revert to you

This is is my favourite.

"I'll revert to you" means that I will actually metamorphose/turn into you, like a a vampire turns into a bat.

What they mean is "I will reply to you" but this doesn't sound complicated or pompous enough so the mouth-breathers use revert instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Ahhhhh Madsl me old flower. I havent been in here for a few weeks and still see you are making friends.

I love how pissed off people get at him. My man crush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Sitting down to watch a football match which I thought was on Sky Sports but see that it is on a sports channel I have not subscribed to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Invincible

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    They know us Irish, we wont complain!,
    now must read rest of thread.

They think the race card is their shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Women getting cut a lot more slack than men in the workplace. You want equal pay? Then do the equal work. The amount of whiny and annoying lazy women out there who pretend they are hard working but in reality want to do nothing all day is alarming. And the majority of them get away with it. :mad:

Front ones are perfectly exceptable.

Hmmm...must...not....grammaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Although I agree, it does act as a marker for the type of idiots people I should avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Invincible wrote: »
    Immigrants who try to jump the queue in the supermarkets.

While eating swans !

• Registered Users Posts: 5 atomoh

People on the bus/Luas sitting with their feet on the seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Socks with Sandals
    Cyclist running Red Lights
    Cyclist on pavements
    Cyclist not giving way
    Smell of Arse in a Que
    Cyclist that are Full Kit Winkers
    The greedy ESB workers
    All Greedy people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

When a heavy, slow moving truck overtakes another slow moving truck on the motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

MJ23 wrote: »
    Wasters around the town, who have never worked a day in their life, spending their days going from the pub to the bookies and the chipper on way home.
    Shur aint it a great country, ha.

So its distasteful to you to see a barman who likes a bet and a curry chip on the way home. Or a multi-millionaire publican who owns the bookies beside the pub (always the smartest bet).
    But you're right - the guy you saw doing this was probably just a government minister or some dipstick TD. Should be shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

People smacking their kids instead of disciplining them. I personally never smack my child but whatever about your opinions on smacking- at least try some other forms of discipline first if you are going to smack them.
    One time I brought my daughter to get her hair cut, another woman was there with her kids, she refused to actually look after her kids, let them run riot and then after a few half assed "sit down will you"s she walloped the kids. Lazy parenting which actually makes the whole process more difficult in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

People on busy trains who won't drop their massive handbag/gym bag/laptop bag to their feet & take up the space of 3 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

People throwing litter.
    Finding dirty nappies left behind on beach.
    people comin in to do their shopping and using the supermarket as a creche.
    don't worry your child can have its pick of chocolate and toys while you stroll around peacefully doing your shopping.
    some git tearing into a young girl working behind a counter.
    oh and there's one ad in particular that really pees me off. its a girl goes to the back of a queue for coffee and gets served straight away because she's beautiful and everyone passes the coffee back to her all smiling. Fcksake wait your fcking turn you're no more entitled to it than anyone else in the queue.

Hmmm...must...not....grammaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Although I agree, it does act as a marker for the type of idiots people I should avoid.

Another reason to keep them on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Imbeciles who stand in front of the newspaper stand reading the paper, opening it up while blocking anyone else. standing in the way of everyone.

Oblivious that anyone other than themselves exists.

***holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Driving related
    People who don't indicate
    People who don't use roundabouts correctly
    People who don't park between the white lines (and resultingly take 2 spaces)
    People parking in non-parking spaces (which often causes an obstruction)
    People who don't give any thanks for letting them out in heavy traffic

Non Driving Related
    People who let the door slam in your face instead of holding it open for you
    Pregnant women smoking / drinking

People who stand right in front of the doors for the DART/LUAS when it is busy. If we can get OFF you can get ON, you rude ignorant utter dipstick.

Same dipsticks stand right by the doors once they are on and don't move when other people want to get on.

I've also stepped out of the Dart and stood to one side to let people off only to have the dipsticks rush on ahead of me before I can get back on. Thanks, you just saw me get off and wait you prats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Black lads in the toilets in nightclubs trying to spray me with shyte aftershave.

• Site Banned Posts: 141 ✭✭BeerFear

Single and non single mothers on benefits who get a free house and tons and tons of benefits while im working away and renting. Does my head in. If I want a house I have a 30 year mortgage, they dont work and get a free house. DOES MY HEAD IN.

Maybe there doing it right and I'm the fool for working

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Black lads in the toilets in nightclubs trying to spray me with shyte aftershave.

WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

132 Transits on the roads when the rest of us are struggling

Another reason to keep them on.

Let me guess. Honda Civic right?

BeerFear wrote: »
    Single and non single mothers on benefits who get a free house and tons and tons of benefits while im working away and renting. Does my head in. If I want a house I have a 30 year mortgage, they dont work and get a free house. DOES MY HEAD IN.

Maybe there doing it right and I'm the fool for working

Don't forget the buggy they leave at bus stops.

Don't forget the buggy they leave at bus stops.

They could afford to go out and buy a new gold buggy with the money they get!

Let me guess. Honda Civic right?

Ah, come on now, a subaru impreza wrx.

I'm a male, Could I adopt a child to get a free house and loads of money?

Maybe I should knock up a one for the free house and benefits

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

those skanger women with the loopy earrings sponging of the state

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement