Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭missierex

I despise when someone asks you a question, lets you start answering, then proceeds to talk over you. It takes all my strength not to kick them in the face. GRRR!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Joe Doe wrote: »
    The majority of us that don't wait for the wee green man, and think "I an't got time for dat!" I can always spot a local whether in auckland, syd, ny, ldn - then again it's an easy ice-breaker "so what county...." as we do the J walk. // A genetic disposition towards general rebellion perhaps? No real bad ting'.

It's probably because we're adults and can decide if there's enough space to cross the road. Why would I wait for a green light if there are no cars coming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

mauzo! wrote: »
    My boyfriend cooked for the 2nd time last week, he set the kitchen on fire.
    He gets his clothes washed in a laundrette.
    His mam buys all his clothes.
    I met him last week, 8 hours after eating lasagne he still had it all over his face.

He's 31 :(

Months or years?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

:eek: Rude!! Who pissed in your cheerios? I'm assuming it's because it's a discussion forum....to discuss opinions on things.

No I didn't mean to be rude, I was just curious - I hadn't seen a point by point agree / disagree reply before. Nor was I planning on having a discussion - I figured the thread was "Trivial things that annoy *you*", as in *me*.

I don't really want to get into an argument about men in pink shirts, or formula one, or "changing women's minds" and all that. When the fact is its people who have those very attitudes that... annoy me.

Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

I met him last week, 8 hours after eating lasagne he still had it all over his face.

Jaysis he must be hung like a supercan of coke! :P

• Advertisement

c_man wrote: »
    I'm not a motorist but I imagine this is a common one among ye, people pressing the buttons at traffic lights who are just walking by and don't want to cross. Why? :confused:

bloody do-gooders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

gramar wrote: »
    Months or years?

I know. He's useless and that's what I love about him :)

We've often woken up and gone out to the car only to find its not there. 'Oh yeah I left it at the pub last night, you'll have to walk home'

His first day of work he woke up and realised he had no work trousers and was late because he had to go buy some.

I'd be here all day if this was a 'how useless is your boyfriend' thread :o

He's like a vulnerable puppy, you just want to mind him and make sure he doesn't wander on the road :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

When you rely on your iphone alarm to wake you up in the morning an it doesn't go off , sometimes it does this is so annoying even when I check that it is set or set a new time.

I know. He's useless and that's what I love about him :)

We've often woken up and gone out to the car only to find its not there. 'Oh yeah I left it at the pub last night, you'll have to walk home'

His first day of work he woke up and realised he had no work trousers and was late because he had to go buy some.

once he's not useless in the sack you can forgive him everything else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Suckler

You are mixing up 'useless' and 'utterly stupid'.

Suckler wrote: »
    You are mixing up 'useless' and 'utterly stupid'.

He's actually really intelligent, just one of those people that would lose their head if it wasn't screwed on!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Or a can or "Right Guard":D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Or a can or "Right Guard":D

Yes, he has a big willy :cool:

Yes, he has a big willy :cool:

That explains everything so...:D

• Site Banned Posts: 141 ✭✭BeerFear

Mothers and fathers with a child who don't work and get a free house and tons of benefits while I'm working my hole off and renting. Doesn't make sense to me. They get to live in their locality while I have a three hour drive away from family and friends. Does my head in

No wonder sperm banks are thriving in the UK

BeerFear wrote: »
    Single and non single mothers on benefits who get a free house and tons and tons of benefits while im working away and renting. Does my head in. If I want a house I have a 30 year mortgage, they dont work and get a free house. DOES MY HEAD IN.

Maybe there doing it right and I'm the fool for working

I think this is doing your head in:P Just curious, what is a non single mother?

I think this is doing your head in:P Just curious, what is a non single mother?

Ah the daddy is in the council house as well, if I want a house I'll have a 30 year mortgage. Sickens me

No wonder people don't want to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Eh... Is your boyfriend retarded?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Didn't you see? He has a big willy! :)

• Advertisement

Ah the daddy is in the council house as well, if I want a house I'll have a 30 year mortgage. Sickens me

No wonder people don't want to work.

I would be the last person to defend a sponger, but the house is not free...at best its a subsidised rent. But are suggesting the scenario is different because "the daddy" is in the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I've met some parents who are great in this regard too. They'll actually come up to me and say, "he loves dogs, would it be ok for him to pet her?" and at least that way the whole situation is controlled and I can instruct the dog to remain calm while the child approaches and pets her. It's not the kids' fault - I was guilty of the very same thing even as a toddler, if I saw a dog I was over to it like a light! :D And it is lovely to see kids that are into animals, but its not fair on kid or dog to allow that kind of behavior.

It's a very easy way to be - I just remind the kids that some dogs might get scared by children and snap but some are fine so wait and I will ask the owner. From a child safety point of view i just don't get the idea of letting the children dictate the situation. Not just for safety re the dogs, but also from a stranger danger position.

I would be the last person to defend a sponger, but the house is not free...at best its a subsidised rent. But are suggesting the scenario is different because "the daddy" is in the house?

30 off your dole each week not including all the benefits so yea it's practically free

Does that mean I should stop sexing him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Didn't you see? He has a big willy! :)

Oh wait, is the boyfriend the fat guy in the cowboy hat who gets the luas from windy arbour?

30 off your dole each week not including all the benefits so yea it's practically free

So its not free....

Well to be honest, I don't know what it costs...is it the same for all on dole, or different rates in different areas, means tested or whatever?

Don't get me wrong, I do think the whole system needs to be addressed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

This thread has gone weird in the last 24 hrs , back to trivial things , the piece of bird s***t on my windscreen for the last month that won't go away despite a million hits of the windscreen wiper spray and the storm last night , maybe I should get the hint, get off my arse and wipe it off now !

So its not free....

Well to be honest, I don't know what it costs...is it the same for all on dole, or different rates in different areas, means tested or whatever?

Don't get me wrong, I do think the whole system needs to be addressed

Well it is free, free money and tons of nenefits

Well it is free, free money and tons of nenefits

30 quid plus per week is free:confused: ok you win.

Think I will go on nenifits myself

• Advertisement

The guy who works in post office who sighs and tuts when I purchase a stamp from him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement