Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 141 ✭✭BeerFear

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    30 quid plus per week is free:confused: ok you win.

Think I will go on nenifits myself

Yes it's free it's deducted from free money and free beneifits you receive so you are not really paying anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

mauzo! wrote: »
    Does that mean I should stop sexing him?

As long as he knows what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    The guy who works in post office who sighs and tuts when I purchase a stamp from him

not just him - post offices in Ireland are a pain the hole, huge queues and disgruntled staff that don't seem to care about anything except their next tea break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Oops69 wrote: »
    This thread has gone weird in the last 24 hrs

It has done, hasn't it? Just read through the last five or six pages there, got very catty altogether :eek:

Aye, trivial thing that annoys me:

People who must get the last word in -

"So I went down to the doctor today Czarcasm and he said my blood pressure..."

"Stop, stop! Everything is fine then?"

"Yeah my..."

"STOP, Jesus, all I need to know is everythings all good"

Then hastily she squeezes in -

"He said my blood pressure was so and so over so and so!"

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

People who interupt your sentences before you can finish.

First up against the wall for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    1. People on the dole and living in an urban area that can somehow own a car.

2. Young people that never worked a day in their lives, and just spending their daily lives on the piss constantly, every day is a party to some of these misfits.

3. Young people that get the roofs over their heads paid for them by rent allowance while working people spend their hard earned money on rent or massive mortgages, this only lets them save their money for their necessities (drinking, smoking, drugs, tax, insurance, petrol for their car which is strangely better than most working people's car, holidays abroad to Spain, Tenerife, Majorca) They would be the same crowd that bitch and moan around Budget time on their money getting cut.

4. Skangers in general

5. Hipsters

6. People that that skip the queue at a deli counter at lunchtime, secondary school students do it all the time!

I could not help laughing at this one.........

"In tell ya Joe, this country is gone to the dogs, I didn't fight two world wars for all dis, dey should be made dig de roads for free"

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I am pie wrote: »
    People who interupt your sentences before you can fin-.

Yeah I hate that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Nemi
    It's not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

"Tall" "Grande" "Venti"

Ah here. Would you stop yer messin', Starbucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Khannie wrote: »
    "Tall" "Grande" "Venti"

Ah here. Would you stop yer messin', Starbucks.

Yes! Grande means large you knobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    not just him - post offices in Ireland are a pain the hole, huge queues and disgruntled staff that don't seem to care about anything except their next tea break.

Not just the post offices, the banks are the worst of them all. One member of staff on duty at the cashiers desk, and 20 people standing waiting to be served and of course Fidelma, remember her, I talk a lot about her on here, she has to have a chat with Ann-Marie, there's always an Ann-Marie working in every bank in the country. Hurry up FFS, I was clean shaven when I came in here 16 hours ago.....grrrrrrrr

Young people who only appear after it gets dark. I'm sure you've seen them, hanging around in groups. That's not the worst thing, it's the jungle noises they use to communicate with each other. The whistling, the howling, the shouting, the screaming, the bird sounds, lol, Je'sus, it's like living in the fookin Amazon where I live after 5pm. This goes on till about 2am and then the poor little dears have to retire to their tree top nests or wherever they go, anyone got David Attenborough's number handy?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Not just the post offices, the banks are the worst of them all. One member of staff on duty at the cashiers desk, and 20 people standing waiting to be served and of course Fidelma, remember her, I talk a lot about her on here, she has to have a chat with Ann-Marie, there's always an Ann-Marie working in every bank in the country. Hurry up FFS, I was clean shaven when I came in here 16 hours ago.....grrrrrrrr

Don't understand this myself, two bank tellers and about 15 or 16 in a queue and three empty teller windows(Ulster Bank). My sister who banks with AIB was told by staff in Bandon that banks are trying to push for more on line transactions and trying to discourage people from actually coming to the bank, hence, the lack of tellers.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

I'm being annoyed by whatever thread was merged into this one. I saw it had grown significantly, and anticipated some entertainment. Instead, I had to wade through a load of dross.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

seagull wrote: »
    I'm being annoyed by whatever thread was merged into this one. I saw it had grown significantly, and anticipated some entertainment. Instead, I had to wade through a load of dross.

What thread was it merged with the Things that piss you off thread or whatever.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Site Banned Posts: 141 ✭✭BeerFear

You have to watch Breaking Bad its awesome. Best show ever made you'll be hooked and waffling on for 10 mins about how good it is. Will people ever shut up about it. I will watch it eventually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Don't understand this myself, two bank tellers and about 15 or 16 in a queue and three empty teller windows(Ulster Bank). My sister who banks with AIB was told by staff in Bandon that banks are trying to push for more on line transactions and trying to discourage people from actually coming to the bank, hence, the lack of tellers.

Dont forget the 2-3 people going around and asking people if they can use the machines.

Since Galway added the lodgement machines outside so you can do some stuff outside of 10-4 it has been a godsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Garzard

Street fundraisers and Roma beggars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I was trying to buy eggs, this oul wan must have opened 20 boxes, will ye be long says I , it's full of unbroken eggs, get out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Czarcasm wrote: »
    It has done, hasn't it? Just read through the last five or six pages there, got very catty altogether :eek:

Aye, trivial thing that annoys me:

People who must get the last word in -

"So I went down to the doctor today Czarcasm and he said my blood pressure..."

"Stop, stop! Everything is fine then?"

"Yeah my..."

"STOP, Jesus, all I need to know is everythings all good"

Then hastily she squeezes in -

"He said my blood pressure was so and so over so and so!"

:mad:

Why do you talk like this when someone is telling you a story?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Coffin Dodgers out driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Marvin Marvin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Why do you talk like this when someone is telling you a story?

Because I'm an obnoxious little bollocks that really couldn't give a damn about the details of other people's trivial crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

That neck crack thing that bad guys does in the fillums.

Dartz wrote: »
    Coffin Dodgers out driving.

Seen a few of them driving the wrong way down a one way street, tempting fate me thinks... ah sure what has the old dear got to lose now at this stage. Not telling her sons and daughters where the deeds to the house and farm are located?

That blue/white lighting that used to be in chemists years ago, that used to grind my gears but it's gone now. It's now replaced with dentists chairs that are so fookin low, you might as well just lie on the floor when you come in for your appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

MJ23 wrote: »
    That neck crack thing that bad guys does in the fillums.

I love that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

the expression "oh the LOL's"
    the dundalk expression "so it is"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

When people (mainly radio DJs) describe an old person as x years young. E.G happy birthday to Pat Quinn who is 80 years young today

So patronising! Grr....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement