Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Matt Cooper's monotonous drone
    the Put on D4 accents in voice overs
    that cnut! on the radio that says I'm going ......(long pause ) out for lunch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

When you are coming up the stairs in the dark and you think there is one more step....... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Obsequious canned Nelson Mandela documentaries interrupting things I want to watch, with the obvious intent of milking his death for all it was worth.

Tell me I'm wrong.

It's all hideously fake. I hate things like that. I hate false grief and false hope. It's a hideous lie made worse by the fact that it's just a cash-in.

Scrolling through my phone I either open randomers profiles or report them. Sorry either way :O

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

In a shopping centre and they are blasting out xmas songs (How many ways are there to crucify Silent Night) and they are playing all the usual pap, Rudolph, Children roasting on an open fire, Santa Baby etc, and then in the middle of it all we get Frankie Goes to Hollywood singing (I think its called) The Power of Love, WTF, am I missing something there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheMza

Dartz wrote: »
    Obsequious canned Nelson Mandela documentaries interrupting things I want to watch, with the obvious intent of milking his death for all it was worth.

Tell me I'm wrong.

It's all hideously fake. I hate things like that. I hate false grief and false hope. It's a hideous lie made worse by the fact that it's just a cash-in.

There's always one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    In a shopping centre and they are blasting out xmas songs (How many ways are there to crucify Silent Night) and they are playing all the usual pap, Rudolph, Children roasting on an open fire, Santa Baby etc, and then in the middle of it all we get Frankie Goes to Hollywood singing (I think its called) The Power of Love, WTF, am I missing something there?

I find a zanax and a glass of pinot grigio are good for a come down.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Maybe because of this?
    http://youtu.be/ShN8UIk5-mw

And because it was a December 1994 number 1 (knocked off by Band Aid)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Mariasofia wrote: »
    When you are coming up the stairs in the dark and you think there is one more step....... :(

When you're going down the stairs in the dark and you don't realise that there's one more step.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Maybe because of this?
    http://youtu.be/ShN8UIk5-mw

And because it was a December 1994 number 1 (knocked off by Band Aid)

Cheers for that, I feel like a right tit now:D Makes a bit of sense when you see the video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

what songs do you be listening to ??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    what songs do you be listening to ??

Maybe its just wishful thinking:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I think about 1984 or 85 it was a huge Xmas hit, saying that, why don't you hear Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall as that was a Xmas number one through the end of 1979 and New Year 1980.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

When waiting for a bus people are nice and relaxed. Then the bus appears on the horizon and the tension starts to build. As soon as the doors open it is a free for all frenzy. I am a well built guy and am conscious of the fact that I could knock elderly people over and hurt them. They do not seemed to concerned about that. I could be the first in front of the bus doors and yet the6th person actually on the bus. Really annoys me. People need to have more fu*king civility at the bus stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Walking into somebody's smell. not the nice after shave or bodyspray smells. but their farts or their stinky b o that just lingers after them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

deise08 wrote: »
    Walking into somebody's smell. not the nice after shave or bodyspray smells. but their farts or their stinky b o that just lingers after them

Yeah I work with a stinky bastard and if I pass him in the corridor I hold my breath until a safe distance away as he leaves a wake of mould and piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Admini - "strit-iv" :mad:
    Admini - straaaaaay-tiv you fools!

Take your adminis-stritiv and shove it up yer "Ar" TE holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

When you're going down the stairs in the dark and you don't realise that there's one more step.

When you come back home after 5pm, go into the living room, without turning the lights on and walk up to the window to close the curtains. And of course you hit your leg against the side of the chair, you think what cupid stunt put that there for me to walk into, and then you remember, it was you. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

When good weed keeps disappearing because its soooooo good. :(

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Khannie wrote: »
    "Tall" "Grande" "Venti"

Ah here. Would you stop yer messin', Starbucks.

I don't hold any truck with that sort of guff. There's not much I feel strongly enough about to make a public stand on but god damn it the phrase "large americano" is one of those things. If the person behind the counter either pretends not to or genuinely doesn't understand me I point at the large cup. I will NOT say venti. Jeepers I'm all fired up now thinking about it.

Today's trivial thing: I got a nice new pen and I want to use it but I have an OCD need to finish off the old crap pen first because it's nearly gone :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Being between internet providers and having no internet pis*ed me right off. It was 2 weeks of Hell but worth it to get away from UPC. Bastar*s:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Being between internet providers and having no internet pis*ed me right off. It was 2 weeks of Hell but worth it to get away from UPC. Bastar*s:mad:

:eek:

You're the first person Pumpkinseeds I've ever heard couldn't wait to get away from UPC broadband. Ok their tv is shìte, but their broadband is pretty spiffy?

How come you left anyway or who did you go with after if you don't mind my asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 EvenOlderTom

Light breeze = bathroom door banging. Drives me insane.
    A friend who texts me when I'm busy.
    Noises, shouting. I'm trying to study - why don't you just shut up?
    Same people, same names getting all the perks all the time.
    Rain.
    Wind even more.
    Taxi drivers.

Light breeze = bathroom door banging. Drives me insane.
    A friend who texts me when I'm busy.
    Noises, shouting. I'm trying to study - why don't you just shut up?
    Same people, same names getting all the perks all the time.
    Rain.
    Wind even more.
    Taxi drivers.

As I was tellin yer researcher Joe, you can't beat the drippin tap. Youse could live in a mansion but da drippin tap will get ya every toime.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Grown men who still call their mother 'mammy'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People who say "def-in-nightly" instead of "definitely".

padd b1975 wrote: »

Grown men who say flip instead of the other f word.

Only finding 5 eggs in a box of 6 after you've arrived back home from the shop.

Having to recharge my phone battery once a week now.

Having lots of pieces of paper lying on your desk with all your passwords, email addresses, usernames, etc etc fookin etc on them. Then what happens when you lose one of them or heaven forbid you accidentally throw a piece into the rubbish bin and it is taken away, aaaaaahhhhhhhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 reality19

Driving behind those who break continuously every ten seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

padd b1975 wrote: »

Any adult who calls their father 'Daddy' or their mother 'Mammy'. WTF - are you 12 years old??!

• Advertisement

Any adult who calls their father 'Daddy' or their mother 'Mammy'. WTF - are you 12 years old??!
    Okay but its ok to call your partner daddy right??:-D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement