Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

; )

It's just the sound of the wine being poured that annoys me.

Surely beer, water, cola etc. being poured have the same irritating effect on you then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Surely beer, water, cola etc. being poured have the same irritating effect on you then?

There's something about the glug sound that annoys me too.

Doesn't stop me drinking it though :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

People that use the word 'sambo'.

THERE. IS. NO. FÚCKING. M. B. OR. O. IN. THE. WORD. SANDWICH. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

What gets right on my tits is when I get up early every morning to walk my dogs that have been in house all night and take them to a near by field (where people never walk or children play :) )and they don't do their Buisness . Then as soon as I bring them home to our garden they do a big sh1t on the lawn and I have to clean it up.

Doesn't happen very often thank god, but then you drive to work and you see a dog the size of a horse having a dump on pavement and owner just walks off. I'd love to stop car grab sh1te with my bare hands and through it in the face of the owner. ( I have bottled water in car and wipes because I'm a responsible dog owner)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

would you like a hang sangwidge ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

LizT wrote: »
    Today's match wasn't exactly a great advertisement for rugby in fairness!

It's usually infinitely more entertaining than soccer.
    Usually? If the two entire rugby teams came out and started cutting the grass on the pitch with scissors, it'd still be more entertaining than soccer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    would you like a hang sangwidge ?

That's almost, but not quite, as bad. My mother cannot say "sandwich" properly and always introduces the non-existent 'g'. I'm trying to talk her out of that habit.

My sister cannot stand the word "chrimbo" for Christmas, but for some reason I don't mind that so much, yet she isn't bothered by "sambo" *grrrr* as much as I am. Go figure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

There's something about the glug sound that annoys me too.

Doesn't stop me drinking it though :o

Of course. You're irritated, you're not mental!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

AnonoBoy wrote: »

No. As someone else says, it's the glug noise specific to wine that annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

When cycling, you overtake a cyclist only for them to stop in front of you at a red light further down the road. Drives me mental, I'm clearly going faster then you and now you are just going to get in my way :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Louis fùcking Spence.

"Nishan Quashqai, jet shkis..."

I think they threw as many "s" into that competition announcement as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,468 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Rasheed wrote: »
    Usually? If the two entire rugby teams came out and started cutting the grass on the pitch with scissors, it'd still be more entertaining than soccer.

Probably why rugby is the most popular sport in the world and soccer is only played by a handful of nations..........oh wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Worse again is O'Briens' "Shambo". Eugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

When this thread isn't on the first page and I have to find it.

Oh yeah...bump.

I also hate when people don't let threads die even though they've run their course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

It annoys me when my partner carves the suiss mountains on the butter instead of neatly taking a piece for himself. It forces me to either follow the steep slope with my knife or cut through sideways and get a very thin piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

lounakin wrote: »
    It annoys me when my partner carves the suiss mountains on the butter instead of neatly taking a piece for himself. It forces me to either follow the steep slope with my knife or cut through sideways and get a very thin piece.

Worse is when somebody leaves back the excess off the knife by scraping it on the edge of the tub, leaving a big breadcrumby knob of butter on the side that sticks to the lid when you put it back on and gets in around the edges of the lid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

When people over emphasise the letter d in wednesday so its like they're saying wedensday.

Also people who constantly make personal calls at work from the moment they arrive.

When you put your hand out for your change and the cashier puts it on the counter.

Ush1 wrote: »

Probably why rugby is the most popular sport in the world and soccer is only played by a handful of nations..........oh wait.
    GAA is superior to the two and only played in a couple of countries. Not my fault most countries don't recognise a good sport!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

When a movie is over and people leave all their rubbish behind.
    F*cking disgusting, there are bins there for a reason !

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Kichote

kingtut wrote: »
    When a movie is over and people leave all their rubbish behind.
    F*cking disgusting, there are bins there for a reason !

People are paid to pick it up.

Leaving rubbish behind == creating jobs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Kichote wrote: »

And the people who have to paid for picking up the rubbish are part of the reason why cinema tickets are so expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭janeo80

When people use the word "ironic" instead of "coincidental" or like... "odd"

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Probably already been done but...

Fckers who always have to one-up everyone else's stories.

You got some chick's phone number? He got a bj.

You got a bj? He got a shag.

You got a shag? He invented vaginas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Upper middle class tossers who wouldnt piss on the "plebbs" when times were good, who are now feeling the pinch and are the first to say, "ah sure we're all in this together".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭poeticseraphim

So this is where all the fun people hang out. The bitterness is strong in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

bluewolf wrote: »
    You HAVE been doing wrong. Hogging the outside lane is illegal, it doesn't matter what speed you are doing
    Hitting your brakes for the craic of it is even worse, good lord
    Stop driving in the wrong lane and you won't have any trouble

Obligation to drive on the left and to use traffic lanes
    17.—(1) A driver shall drive as near to the left hand side of the roadway as is necessary in order to allow, without danger or inconvenience to traffic or a pedestrian, approaching traffic to pass him on his right and overtaking traffic to overtake him on his right.

edit: Of course, if there's clearly no room to move in on the inside, and the person behind you is still acting like a prick, they're a prick

the mind boggles with this one, you state the rules of the road and other peoples comments with pre concieved notions of what they are saying and what is actually happening, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

Murt10 wrote: »
    The problem is how do you know that you are doing 120kph. Just because your speedo says 120 doesn't make it a fact.

If you have a sat nav compare the speed that it says you are doing against what the speedo says.

In my case I'm actually doing 110 on the sat nav when the speedo says 120.

I read somewhere that manufacturers are allowed sell cars with speedos that overstate the speed you are doing but under no circumstances can they sell you one that understates your speed.

10k off the speed limit is not reason to buyyl someone into the inside lane

you are splitting hairs to prove a point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

Ah look the point is... that if the person ahead of you is doing the speed limit (in any lane on any road) you have some cheek driving up their ar'se and putting pressure on to go faster !!

The outside lane is used to overtake on a motorway etc but as i'm sure you are aware you may end up driving in this lane for a bit until it is safe to move back in to your lane,,,, when your doing 120 to ensure that you dont upset the flow and are waiting for a gap to move in and you have someone thundering up the road behind you flashing and beeping its bullying, rude and dangerous.

And yes, I will remain where I am until its ok for me to move, I will tap the brakes gently to get you off my tail because
    if I do need to brake properly you will end up causing a pile up and you should not be going over the limit so you have patience for those that do.
    I'm not a slow driver, if I were I would understand. But in fairness you have no right to bully me for just doing the limit.

Ah lads, please don't bring the thread back to the speed limit thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Kichote wrote: »

Cleaning still needs to be done in a cinema, putting your rubbish in the bin is not going to suddenly cause someone to lose their job, it will just make it a little bit easier for them.

Leaving your rubbish behind you is filthy and disgusting. They put bins in these places for a reason.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement