Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Mariasofia wrote: »
    Okay but its ok to call your partner daddy right??:-D

Unless your partner is your father, then NO.

Also, if your partner is your father then NOOOOOOOOOOOOO what is wrong with you.

Why the hell would you want to call your partner Daddy ffs???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Unless your partner is your father, then NO.

Also, if your partner is your father then NOOOOOOOOOOOOO what is wrong with you.

Why the hell would you want to call your partner Daddy ffs???

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

When you're just about to fall asleep and you suddenly jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fainthope2310

People who use full stops when it should be a comma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Modern technology :mad: it's great but sh*t for us rural folk :mad:

Credits to film....perfect.....film starts....huuur duuuurh buffering!

Film.....huuur duuuurh buffering!...ads....perfect...film....huuur duuuurh buffering!

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Any adult who calls their father 'Daddy' or their mother 'Mammy'. WTF - are you 12 years old??!

Ok, so you are say 35, and your mother is say 75, how do you address them?:confused:

Mariasofia wrote: »
    Okay but its ok to call your partner daddy right??:-D

As in "who's your Daddy?":P

Dartz wrote: »
    Coffin Dodgers out driving.

Nobody being trivially annoyed, so I thought I would pick this one...

Officially, at what age does one become a coffin dodger? Or is it more a state of mind thing? You know, like "young fogies", old at 30.

People who ask you how old you think they are.....In usually add a good bit on just to piss them off (even if it is your granny:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

When I read an article or there's maybe something on the radio and it ends with " oh, and the dog came too" or " oh, don't forget to". Like today, an article describes some Christmas fair down the country, what'll be there and all the artisan food and then it ends up with, " oh, and Santa will be there too" . That bloody 'Oh' does my head in. The whole contrived insouciance of it. I know you sat there in front of your screen writing and rewriting your 300 words, so feck off with your 'I nearly forgot....."

Another trivial thing .... The woman who does the drive time program on rte 1 radio in the evening. I can't stand her voice. I was amazed to read mary Kenny saying she had the most gorgeous voice. Mary must be deaf or one of us is not listening to who they think they are listening to. I also hate the way she starts speaking before the person she is talking with has finished their bit. She comes across so RUDE not the incisive hard hitting journalist she things she is. Why no one has ever said "would you let me finish my sentence " . Maybe they are just better mannered than she, or maybe they want to be on the radio whatever. Anyway I don't listen to her and, ever the optimist, I will tune in once every few month and there she pisses me off again. Grrr!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

When you're going for a piss and it suddenly starts coming out in two different directions.

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Ok, so you are say 35, and your mother is say 75, how do you address them?:confused:

By her name. I believe most women have names these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Do you call your mother by her name? I don't think I would though i get that other families might

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

By her name. I believe most women have names these days.

:confused: God no, wouldn't do that.

Can't imagine calling my mother or father by their name

bluewolf wrote: »
    Do you call your mother by her name? I don't think I would though i get that other families might

I do. Would feel very weird calling her by a title now that I'm in my thirties. It's also a way of acknowledging she is more than just a mother, she's a woman in her own right. To be honest we're more like great friends now that I'm an adult, so for me it would be weird to keep calling her Mum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Somebody who holds their money in their mouth and then hands it to you expecting you to take it.
    people who lick their fingers to count their notes and then hands them to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Irish people using the word "mum"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Jesus its "De Mudder" alright!?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Bag Packers collecting for their local sports club/charity. There seems to be a different one every week, just f*ck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Get a pack of button mushrooms in any of the stores, to find that they all have long stalks, carefully concealed. When removed the stalks weigh as much or more as the mushrooms. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Bag Packers collecting for their local sports club/charity. There seems to be a different one every week, just f*ck off.

This annoys me like you wouldn't believe.
    I feel obliged to let them pack the bags and give them money, but in all honesty, I would prefer to pack my own bags.

I don't my fresh bread crushed by tins of beans, thank you very much, and I don't want to feel like I have to pay you for something I don't want you to do.

Also hate the chuggers at the entrances of the local shopping centre.
    Stop shaking your bucket at me and leave me alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

When you walk into a room and forget why you went there in the first place. Often I'll remember after I've left the room and have to go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

fussyonion wrote: »
    This annoys me like you wouldn't believe.
    I feel obliged to let them pack the bags and give them money, but in all honesty, I would prefer to pack my own bags.

I don't my fresh bread crushed by tins of beans, thank you very much, and I don't want to feel like I have to pay you for something I don't want you to do.

This grinds my gears aswell, someone must have complained to the the store manager in some store in some part of the country at this stage surely? They should be given one day a month to do this and then clear the f**k out and leave me alone. I don't want some stranger packing my bags and feel I have to pay them for the privilege, if I got paid for all the times I packed my own bags, I'd be a millionaire by now.:mad:

fussyonion wrote: »

There's always a chugger at the entrance to where I work. So every morning going in, every evening leaving, and twice more going/returning to/from lunch, I have to do the awkward eye-catch/no thanks dance.

What's worse is when they come into the shop to get lunch - using handfuls of very small change which is obviously from their bucket. So I'm not allowed to start my lunch without them bothering me, but I'm supposed to fund theirs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

There's always a chugger at the entrance to where I work. So every morning going in, every evening leaving, and twice more going/returning to/from lunch, I have to do the awkward eye-catch/no thanks dance.

What's worse is when they come into the shop to get lunch - using handfuls of very small change which is obviously from their bucket. So I'm not allowed to start my lunch without them bothering me, but I'm supposed to fund theirs?
    Report them to their charity?

I'm pretty sure it's a common and accepted practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

The fact that i'll continue to check the fridge when i'm hungry and there's nothing there. It's like I subconsciously think it'll stock itself if I open it 20 mins later.

Pisses me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Americans pronouncing the 'l' in calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

I don't think there would be much point in doing that, they're all doing it (allegedly).

http://www.thejournal.ie/crc-resignation-shane-ross-top-ups-1197301-Nov2013/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

I'm pretty sure it's a common and accepted practice.
    Common and accepted that charity workers dip into their buckets to pay for their own lunch? Common maybe, but I doubt it's all that accepted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

fúcking post it notes.
    god I hate them, littered all over the place in offices with stupid irrelevant information them. There's always 8 or 9 plastered around the place with someones name on it, or a number. Something that was relevant for maybe the duration of the phone call and follow up but it doesn't need to stay there.

I have no idea why it annoys me so much, first thing I do when I get in is gather them all up and put them in the bin. I wish they were banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement