Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Planemo wrote: »
    Americans pronouncing the 'l' in calm.

Axed, toozday, nooz, aloominum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Squeaky whiteboard markers.

In bed since 2pm. Shivering and roasting at the same time.
    Hope I'm better tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

When i write something on my hand to remind me to do something....then Dont know what dafuq it means!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

SV wrote: »
    fúcking post it notes.
    god I hate them, littered all over the place in offices with stupid irrelevant information them. There's always 8 or 9 plastered around the place with someones name on it, or a number. Something that was relevant for maybe the duration of the phone call and follow up but it doesn't need to stay there.

I have no idea why it annoys me so much, first thing I do when I get in is gather them all up and put them in the bin. I wish they were banned.

they aren't even that sticky! They just fall off whatever you stick them on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

mauzo! wrote: »
    I know. He's useless and that's what I love about him :)

We've often woken up and gone out to the car only to find its not there. 'Oh yeah I left it at the pub last night, you'll have to walk home'

His first day of work he woke up and realised he had no work trousers and was late because he had to go buy some.

I'd be here all day if this was a 'how useless is your boyfriend' thread :o

Don't let him look after your child until you've taught him/her how to phone the emergency services.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Being dragged up to 'dance' periodically at Xmas parties and trying to resist , look I did my one 'dance' earlier on to 'all I want for Xmas ' , I'm not doing any more so leave me alone , this isn't my only night out for the year and I haven't been looking forward to this since September like the rest of you !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Some kids arrived at the front door on Thursday night screeching Christmas carols, we told them they were a bit previous and to come back in a couple of weeks, bloody little chancers. Needless to say we won't be opening the door when they come back:p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Oops69 wrote: »
    Being dragged up to 'dance' periodically at Xmas parties and trying to resist , look I did my one 'dance' earlier on to 'all I want for Xmas ' , I'm not doing any more so leave me alone , this isn't my only night out for the year and I haven't been looking forward to this since September like the rest of you !

Maybe someone just fancies you ? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Maybe someone just fancies you ? ;)
    I know but it can be trivially annoying being completely irresistible at times :D:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Said it before, but people greeting you on a Monday morning. Every "hiya" is another kJ of energy that I simply do not want to waste on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Oops69 wrote: »

F**king hate that. I don't dance for a reason, I'm a white man with absolutely no rhythm. I look stupid dancing. Not stupid in that you'd laugh with me. Stupid in that you feel embarrassed being around me.

My only "dance" is jumping up and down on the spot and that really doesn't work for "Fairytale of New York" or most of the songs played at Christmas parties.

So when I say I don't want to dance, that doesn't mean "I really do but I just want you to keep asking". That means "F**k off and leave me alone or if you insist on staying around, get me a shot of sambuca or tequila or something".

Men shouldn't dance...ever.

Still in bed, sick. Feel like a bag of crap. Cant eat, dodgey stomach, sore head.
    Anyway, off to watch films for the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

MJ23 wrote: »
    Still in bed, sick. Feel like a bag of crap. Cant eat, dodgey stomach, sore head.
    Anyway, off to watch films for the day.

I'm the same as yourself but its a massive hangover and i'm in work, no films for me today :(

I'm the same as yourself but its a massive hangover and i'm in work, no films for me today :(

Just think of all the tea and toast you can have tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

By her name. I believe most women have names these days.

Jaysus, who rattled your cage? I was only asking....

As far as I know, ALL woman have a name these days. I don't know anyone who refers to either parent by their name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

By her name.
    Very unnatural.

Advertisers referring to us as "last minute shoppers" on the 9th of December...wtf? Christmas is not for 16 days! Fuuck off, just because the marketing campaign started in like...June! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Mariasofia wrote: »
    When i write something on my hand to remind me to do something....then Dont know what dafuq it means!

Or when I write something on my hand to remind to do something or buy something, then I go out to the shop and the fooking writing is all smudged and I can't make out what it fookin says.... middle age, your ass needs its temperature taken and my foot's a thermometer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Or when I write something on my hand to remind to do something or buy something, then I go out to the shop and the fooking writing is all smudged and I can't make out what it fookin says.... middle age, your ass needs its temperature taken and my foot's a thermometer.

I can't believe you actually said that :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Having 2 exams in 1 day. Sure I had a few days off but their is something about 2 exams in 1 day that causes my body to have a ****storm. Have 6 mouth ulcers, lights seem to flicker and i feel sick at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Advertisers referring to us as "last minute shoppers" on the 9th of December...wtf? Christmas is not for 16 days! Fuuck off, just because the marketing campaign started in like...June! :eek:

Actually there are only 15 days until Christmas.

What? This time 16 days will be Christmas no? in 15 days it will be Christmas eve?:confused:

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    What? This time 16 days will be Christmas no? in 15 days it will be Christmas eve?:confused:

http://www.xmasclock.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

People who pose their opinion as a question and then give you the answer, i.e 'and who is responsible for the banking crisis? (insert their opinion here) Fcuking annoys me no end as it's so bloody patronising. My brother does it all the time and it makes me want to throttle him, so I pretty much zone out and play dumb when he calls.

And another thing is ridiculous overspending at Christmas, said brother is spending at least 200 euro on our mothers gift, I'll be spending about 50.

theres a christmas clock?

...jumps from a height...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

12 pubs christmas jumper wearing c*nts coming into my regular haunts, talking office bullsh*t. I listen to enough of that in work, thanks very much.

15 days and 9 hours 30 mins at this time, which means that it's 9 hours and 30 mins until it's 15 days until Christmas. Which means in terms of days, it's 16 days.

• Advertisement

15 days and 9 hours 30 mins at this time, which means that it's 9 hours and 30 mins until it's 15 days until Christmas. Which means in terms of days, it's 16 days.

If you had £15.38 in your pocket, would you round it up and tell everyone you have £16? No. It's £15 and change. The same works for time.

This is going to be a thing I just know it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement