Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

If you had £15.38 in your pocket, would you round it up and tell everyone you have £16? No. It's £15 and change. The same works for time.

This is going to be a thing I just know it.

I'll let you know when it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

15 days and 9 hours 30 mins at this time, which means that it's 9 hours and 30 mins until it's 15 days until Christmas. Which means in terms of days, it's 16 days.

Where's the kiss emoticon? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

this thread is a trivial thing annoying me with these christmas countdown posts.
    What happened ye all?!?

Can we not just all hate the woman applying her makeup at the lights like normal people.

Remember those halcyon days?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Conference calls over bad telephone lines with people with funny accents from continental Europe. It's like listening to Radio Luxembourg in 1985 in the pissing rain in a leaky Corolla E30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Gokei wrote: »
    this thread is a trivial thing annoying me with these christmas countdown posts.
    What happened ye all?!?

Can we not just all hate the woman applying her makeup at the lights like normal people.

Remember those halcyon days?

If such a thing existed why would we be on this thread?

• Advertisement

If such a thing existed why would we be on this thread?
    Are you not happy to be getting the annoyance out of your system by posting on here? This thread is therapy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People bitchin because their four year old wants a golden XBOX, or some such ****e which costs a million euro, and they intend to get it!
    WTF is wrong with these people, the kid is four, they don'tknow what they want, get them a fuucken yoyo, or a cardboard box and a nice stick.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Where's the kiss emoticon? :D
    I don't get it?

My trivial annoyance today is when I get annoyed by something sexist but then have to spend ages wondering if it really was sexist, or if being a woman, I really am crazy and oversensitive and I am just imagining it... ARGH.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Conference calls over bad telephone lines with people with funny accents from continental Europe. It's like listening to Radio Luxembourg in 1985 in the pissing rain in a leaky Corolla E30.

Did it have an eight track stereo?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

The diddly - diddly music emanating from 1 of the' grab a cuddly toy' machines on the way into and out of the rest rooms in Jervis Street shopping Mall.

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Did it have an eight track stereo?:P

Stop witcha crazy-talk, boy!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

My trivial annoyance today is that I have a full bladder almost constantly.

Also, door slamming and people who sound like elephants on the stairs. Have consideration, close the door don't just slam it like a hormonal teenager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Gokei wrote: »
    Are you not happy to be getting the annoyance out of your system by posting on here? This thread is therapy for me.

I'm not sure you have a good grasp on therapy. As far as I can see the most this thread can accomplish is to make everyday hatreds and angers normal by explaining them to other like-minded individuals who you will probably never meet in real life. I imagine us all to be working in a cubicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Probably for about the six millionth time on this thread: People who chew gum really, really loudly. We all know someone like this.

Just close your mouth. It's not difficult. Don't be a mouth breather for five minutes so the rest of us can resist the temptation to throw you out the window :)

jimgoose wrote: »

Corolla E30, was that the model that pretty much only came in "baby blue", usually so rusty it looked like it was covered in love bites:D

And those ****ty 8 track tapes, bigger than video cassettes, :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I don't get it?

My trivial annoyance today is when I get annoyed by something sexist but then have to spend ages wondering if it really was sexist, or if being a woman, I really am crazy and oversensitive and I am just imagining it... ARGH.

You'd definitely hate working with me then. A new girl started in the office last week, absolutely cracking looking girl, and this morning we were having coffee, I was breaking up the sugar in the tin when she remarked "I know, it's so hard, isn't it?"...

I'd to tell myself "Don't say it, don't fcuking say it!" :o

Corolla E30, was that the model that pretty much only came in "baby blue", usually so rusty it looked like it was covered in love bites:D

And those ****ty 8 track tapes, bigger than video cassettes, :pac:

The E30 was a wonderful little thing that weighed the same as a fart, went like stink, ran forever and was made out of some mysterious Oriental metal that started to vanish as soon as it came in contact with oxygen. A good few of the lads had them back in the day, including one guy who had to weld the driver's door shut after the B-pillar returned to the earth completely. He'd get in-and-out via the passenger door like the Dukes of Hazzard gone wrong. By furk I hated those things... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

My trivial annoyance today : The girls fake laugh who sits in front of me. She laughs at absolute pooh. Especially when my boss says anything remotely witty. It really presses my cider i tells ya!

Czarcasm wrote: »
    You'd definitely hate working with me then. A new girl started in the office last week, absolutely cracking looking girl, and this morning we were having coffee, I was breaking up the sugar in the tin when she remarked "I know, it's so hard, isn't it?"...

I'd to tell myself "Don't say it, don't fcuking say it!" :o

Oh, if you mean an "I'll tell you what's hard" joke, you'd love working with me, we can't get through two sentences where I work without one of those, wouldn't have a problem with that at all.

What I was referring to was getting some 'helpful' advice from a man on the street, who I'm sure meant well. But I felt 100% sure he wouldn't have felt the need to give a man that advice. Then I spent the whole rest of the day wondering "was that sexist, and I've a right to be annoyed that I got stopped in the street by a stranger who has no business doing that, or do I just have such a giant ego that my pride was wounded by him thinking I needed that advice, and now I'm being a big oversensitive moan about it and seeing sexism where there is none?". I'd love to know how often men get stopped in the street by other men they don't know, to be given 'helpful' advice.

I'm not sure you have a good grasp on therapy.

Getting things of your chest is a good type of therapy, now leave it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

People bitchin because their four year old wants a golden XBOX, or some such ****e which costs a million euro, and they intend to get it!
    WTF is wrong with these people, the kid is four, they don'tknow what they want, get them a fuucken yoyo, or a cardboard box and a nice stick.

None of that fancy stuff around here, get them an old rim from me grandfathers bicycle with plenty of rust on it, a nice stick and let them play in the street with it.... fancy stuff indeed.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

beakerjoe wrote: »
    My trivial annoyance today : The girls fake laugh who sits in front of me. She laughs at absolute pooh. Especially when my boss says anything remotely witty. It really presses my cider i tells ya!

Do you work in my team? One of the girls in my team laughs at everything I say. It's a bit embarrassing. Most of the time when she laughs, I'm not even trying to be funny. And when I am trying to be funny, I'm usually not.

You'd swear I was Billy Connolly listening to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Oh, if you mean an "I'll tell you what's hard" joke, you'd love working with me, we can't get through two sentences where I work without one of those, wouldn't have a problem with that at all.

What I was referring to was getting some 'helpful' advice from a man on the street, who I'm sure meant well. But I felt 100% sure he wouldn't have felt the need to give a man that advice. Then I spent the whole rest of the day wondering "was that sexist, and I've a right to be annoyed that I got stopped in the street by a stranger who has no business doing that, or do I just have such a giant ego that my pride was wounded by him thinking I needed that advice, and now I'm being a big oversensitive moan about it and seeing sexism where there is none?". I'd love to know how often men get stopped in the street by other men they don't know, to be given 'helpful' advice.

Its only sexist if you're hot.
    Sorry, was that sexist?

On falling:

People who say 'I fell on the floor' when they were outside at the time. No you didn't, you fell on the GROUND.

Floor=inside, ground=outside.

oopsie, double post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Bazinga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Trying to burn a few cds on a mac book. Could it be any more complicated? Put songs in folder, press burn, and it only puts one of the songs on the disc.
    I know it's probably simple, when I eventually figure it out.
    I will never buy an iphone.

I hate when people are speaking into a microphone in front of an audience but hold it pressed up against their mouth, talking as if there is no microphone.

The result of this is an ear splitting noise, yet it's impossible to comprehend what the hell they're saying :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Able bodied People parking in disabled parking spaces.
    People who can't be arsed to bring a Euro wit them to get a trolley and can't be bothered to ask for change and then decide to use the wheelchair trolley or the baby seat trollies, deserting them then when they've finished. either leaving them at the till or leaving them to roll around the car park

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement