Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

Mumbling bus/train drivers who announce each stop with an indecipherable grunt :rolleyes:

Especially so on the Aircoach when half the people on the bus are tourists depending on the stops being announced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

I hate when people are speaking into a microphone in front of an audience but hold it pressed up against their mouth, talking as if there is no microphone.

The result of this is an ear splitting noise, yet it's impossible to comprehend what the hell they're saying :mad:

One, two, one, two, two, two, two.... don't get me started. Just get on with it, my legs have taken root to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Cracking an egg into the pan and that bit of egg shell goes in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

The gap between the worktop and the electric hob (the cooker to us country folks) were everything rolls off and down into it or bounce off or files off. It's like an alternative universe down there with a black hole at the top of it sucking eveything the comes near into it. And of course it's too small to get the bleedin hover into.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Today's annoying trivia?

Threads that grow faster than I can read the feckin things!!!!

Been trying to get to the end of this one for the last hour, and every time I get to the bottom of the page, there's more feckin pages to read than there was when I started the thing.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

I'm going to murder this girl at work. She NEVER stops talking about her boyfriend. I've never met the man but I swear to Jesus, I feel I know him as well as her. He is brought into every conversation.

Example:
    Me: ' I'd love a chocolate Kimberly now'.
    Her: 'Oh Sean loves those biscuits, he'd live on them etc etc'.

Me: 'Ah shiite, the printer is broken again'
    Her: 'Oh, Sean could fix that no bother, he's great at fixing things, does it all the time at home'

She even managed to bring him into the conversation when talking about periods. She has a problem, she cannot hold a conversation without bringing him up in it every few minutes.

And if she doesn't give it a rest for awhile she'll gave the bigger problem of the broken printer up her jacksie and we'll let Sean work his magic on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Rasheed wrote: »
    I'm going to murder this girl at work. She NEVER stops talking about her boyfriend. I've never met the man but I swear to Jesus, I feel I know him as well as her. He is brought into every conversation.

Example:

Her: 'Oh, Sean could fix that no bother, he's great at fixing things, does it all the time at home'

She even managed to bring him into the conversation when talking about periods. She has a problem, she cannot hold a conversation without bringing him up in it every few minutes.

And if she doesn't give it a rest for awhile she'll gave the bigger problem of the broken printer up her jacksie and we'll let Sean work his magic on it.

She clearly has nothing in her life apart from her tosser boyfriend :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Example:

:eek: I think I'm her!!!!! *point taken*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

deise08 wrote: »
    Able bodied People parking in disabled parking spaces.

This is not a trivial thing. It's ignorance at its most despicable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

This is immensely trivial. Our canteen has a door that opens in and out. I hate when I am leaving and want to then take a right hand turn (towards the hinge) and someone who left just before me has opened the door out. It means I then have to push it out a litttle further to get out, and walk around it to make the turn!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I don't get it?

My trivial annoyance today is when I get annoyed by something sexist but then have to spend ages wondering if it really was sexist, or if being a woman, I really am crazy and oversensitive and I am just imagining it... ARGH.

To thank you for your post that supported mine! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Example:

Ok, time to re-program your thought process, when she says Sean, assume he is at home flouncing around in her undies giving it loads to "I Want to Break Free" by Queen on the stereo full blast, as he does the cleaning. It will make you smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

This might be a bit long winded but I need to get it off my chest.

On the way to work every morning I come to a t-junction where there is a pedestrian crossing with traffic lights. There are rarely many pedestrians around and the light is nearly always green unless someone pushes the button.

About once a week or so I meet an auld lad that comes to the crossing and pushes the button. It's really not necessary as there are few enough cars and it's a one way street.

This morning I saw him getting to the lights as I was getting close and I briefly thought about accelerating to get past as he went to push the button but had to stop as the lights went from green to red. I was the only car so why he doesn't just let me pass and then cross I don't know buy hey, it's his right and while it annoys me you can't complain too much about that.

What pisses me of is that he doesn't even walk across the pedestrian crossing. He is going to the swimming pool further up on the left so he starts at the pedestrian crossing but then cuts across the whole junction at a diagonal
    towards the pool when what he should do is cross from one side to the other using the pedestriasn crossing and then cross the other road using the pedestrian crossing.

Watching him cut across the middle of the road drives me mad and I was close today to telling him that if he's going to press the button to cross then he should have the ****ing decency to walk across the fcuking thing and not across the middle of the fcuking junction.

In the interests of letting it go and getting on with my day I didn't but it drives me fcuking mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

She clearly has nothing in her life apart from her tosser boyfriend :pac:

Who, Sean? lovely guy, tall, handsome, loves chocolate kimberlys, rich, in laws love him, very obliging, can fix anything.............in short, a wanker:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

mauzo! wrote: »
    :eek: I think I'm her!!!!! *point taken*

Ha! You in the office already? Put on the kettle and have the chocolate Kimberlys ready for me

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Who, Sean? lovely guy, tall, handsome, loves chocolate kimberlys, rich, in laws love him, very obliging, can fix anything.............in short, a wanker:D

Absolutely. I hate the bastard and all already!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Yapping Women!!! These are the type that feel that their need to chat or gossip inanely about some shíte overrules everything and everyone one else. Usually they will block a footpath that you'll have to step into the road to get around them or what seems to be more and more common doorways. There could be a football field of space just three steps further out but no, yap yap yap in the doorway of a shop, behind double doors or in a stairwell. Say excuse me to get by or open the door while they're holding the handle (this standing holding the handle of a door is exceptionally dickish) then you might have well as stolen their childs kidneys with the glare they'll give you or the big sigh and then move out of they way. :mad:

Before I'm being accused of being sexist, come on now, admit it, it is usually women that do this. Lads tend to block entire roads while chatting out the windows of their cars to each other (equally angrying up my blood) but not as often.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Plazaman wrote: »
    Yapping Women!!! These are the type that feel that their need to chat or gossip inanely about some shíte overrules everything and everyone one else. Usually they will block a footpath that you'll have to step into the road to get around them or what seems to be more and more common doorways. There could be a football field of space just three steps further out but no, yap yap yap in the doorway of a shop, behind double doors or in a stairwell. Say excuse me to get by or open the door while they're holding the handle (this standing holding the handle of a door is exceptionally dickish) then you might have well as stolen their childs kidneys as they glare at you or sigh and then move out of they way. :mad:

Before I'm being accused of being sexist, come on now, admit it, it is usually women that do this. Lads tend to block entire roads while chatting out the windows of their cars to each other (equally angrying up my blood) but not as often.

You're not sexist, you're right! I'm a woman and I too find these "wans" irritating. These are the women who linger at the sinks in public or workplace toilets yapping and gossiping - god forbid if anyone else wants to wash their hands! The looks you get off them for daring to want to use the sink and get a paper towel! And they block the stairs as well. Wagons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Anyone else noticed an increase in the number of contrary bitches who loiter at the end of the checkout and take ages to sort through their purses putting away their change? It really annoys the bejesus out of me at the best of times but lately it's worse. I finally lost it with one on Saturday in Dunnes, she was clearly doing it on purpose so I just said we haven't all fcuking day love. Don't give a crap at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Standing behind people at ATMs that appear to be trying to apply for a mortgage :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Anyone else noticed an increase in the number of contrary bitches who loiter at the end of the checkout and take ages to sort through their purses putting away their change? It really annoys the bejesus out of me at the best of times but lately it's worse. I finally lost it with one on Saturday in Dunnes, she was clearly doing it on purpose so I just said we haven't all fcuking day love. Don't give a crap at this point.

Annoys the life out of me. If I go into a small shop, I usually try and keep a ballpark total in my head of the cost of what I'm buying and have the money ready when I get to the counter. In a big shop I round up to the nearest estimated €20 and if it's handy, I'll give the bit of change to get a note back. Simple and quick.

In Spar the other day and some twenty something gets to the counter with a bottle of 7up. Yer man asks for the money. She then finds and goes through her wallet pulling out about 20 coins (I sh!t you not) one by one. Wanted to kick the b!tch. Same last week with some ould wan in a garage. It's always women. Always. Why?

cantdecide wrote: »
    Standing behind people at ATMs that appear to be trying to apply for a mortgage :mad:

I hear that. It's actually worse in the grocery store though, when some hatchet-faced harridan, ostensibly just buying a few bits-and-pieces like myself, sparks consternation, emergency management meetings, running hither-and-yon, and finally a complete recompile of the store's entire Point-of-Sale system. This performance usually involves one of Lotto tickets, use of some sort of debit card, or a refund for a tomato that's the Wrong Colour(TM). Boot. Mile. HOLE!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

jimgoose wrote: »
    Boot. Mile. HOLE!!

This is starting to get on my tits a bit.

mauzo! wrote: »
    This is starting to get on my tits a bit.

Pity 'bowtcha! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

A newer one that has started to annoy me is the ad for the Kindle Fire where the helpdesk woman tells yer man how to get his movie on the telly. She does this little head wobble thing at the end that is starting to get to me. Watch it yourself and tell it it's not annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

The way wikipedia has turned into a chugger

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

He probably uses disabled parking places as well:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Cyclists who do not obey the rules of the road. Was going in to work this morning and got mowed down before I even got to my bus stop. Was crossing at the pedestrian lights in Harold's X by Mt Argus and cyclist ran the light. Ploughed right into me. I have literally just left the hospital. I have a mild concussion, black eye, torn shirt and cuts on my arms and face. Fuming.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

People bitchin because their four year old wants a golden XBOX, or some such ****e which costs a million euro, and they intend to get it!
    WTF is wrong with these people, the kid is four, they don'tknow what they want, get them a fuucken yoyo, or a cardboard box and a nice stick.

My (now) 8 year old was convinced an old white calculator was a DS from age 2 til 4. Now he knows better but still doesnt have one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Cyclists who do not obey the rules of the road. Was going in to work this morning and got mowed down before I even got to my bus stop. Was crossing at the pedestrian lights in Harold's X by Mt Argus and cyclist ran the light. Ploughed right into me. I have literally just left the hospital. I have a mild concussion, black eye, torn shirt and cuts on my arms and face. Fuming.

Simple answer. Get your car and run the f**ker over next time. Two can play at that game.

Seriously, hope you're feeling better. Don't blame you for fuming at that. Not too trivial either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement