Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I noticed of the UK cop shows, the police always shout "GET ON THE FLOOR" even when outside on "ground".....yep, trivially annoying

Mmm. That's actually a Cockney thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Which is why the clinic should stick to their appointments.

As soon as we manage programmable humans with regulation illnesses Im sure this will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

As soon as we manage programmable humans with regulation illnesses Im sure this will happen

It doesn't have to be that robotic.

I can understand how it happens towards the end of the day - an extra five minutes here and there can easily affect a GP appointment.

But when the clinic is already running behind close to the start of the day a lot of that must be to do with bad time management because of underestimating how long appointments normally take.

A GP with experience should realise that if appointments are constantly running over and leading to patients waiting longer then they should change their appointment system accordingly?

It's different in hospital when your dr could be delayed by a medical emergency. I have no problem waiting in a hospital - I count myself lucky that I'm not the emergency.

But the fact that some GPs are terrible re their appointments while others are great shows that there are more efficient ways of scheduling appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

TV3 and the crap programmes they show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

The weather man/woman saying average temp 8 to 10 degrees, surely that's 9 degrees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

aujopimur wrote: »
    The weather man/woman saying average temp 8 to 10 degrees, surely that's 9 degrees.

Could be 10 degrees in the south of the country and 8 in the north or inland?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Car seat covers, has anyone ever put them on successfully using all the little hooks that come in the bag

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The norn iron obsession with rally car driving , guaranteed to be on when you happen to click onto 'the UTV' around 11 at night , yaaaawn !

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

It doesn't have to be that robotic.

I can understand how it happens towards the end of the day - an extra five minutes here and there can easily affect a GP appointment.

But when the clinic is already running behind close to the start of the day a lot of that must be to do with bad time management because of underestimating how long appointments normally take.

A GP with experience should realise that if appointments are constantly running over and leading to patients waiting longer then they should change their appointment system accordingly?

It's different in hospital when your dr could be delayed by a medical emergency. I have no problem waiting in a hospital - I count myself lucky that I'm not the emergency.

But the fact that some GPs are terrible re their appointments while others are great shows that there are more efficient ways of scheduling appointments.

It's an unspoken rule amongst GPs and other consultants that you make the patient wait. They make be 40 minutes behind at the end of the day, yet they still arrive home at the time they planned they would.

Not sure why they do this. Perhaps to ensure that they are not waiting for the patient to arrive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Knight who says Meh

Eoin247 wrote: »
    It's an unspoken rule amongst GPs and other consultants that you make the patient wait. They make be 40 minutes behind at the end of the day, yet they still arrive home at the time they planned they would.

Not sure why they do this. Perhaps to ensure that they are not waiting for the patient to arrive?
    My wife works for a GP and this (in this circumstance at least) couldn't be further from the truth. Is this an anecdote from experience can I ask?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

My wife works for a GP and this (in this circumstance at least) couldn't be further from the truth. Is this an anecdote from experience can I ask?

Some of my family members work in healthcare, as a result i've come to know a few GPs and private consultants. While i admit i never asked them personally about this, i did ask the family members who interact with them regularly and that was the general consensus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im not sure if I have a small scrape near the wound on my leg or if the wound has gotten infected and the red scrape things are the infection spreading

either way, 50 more euro into the doctors pocket tomorrow

balls

Arriving home in Dublin airport, approaching passport control with 3 queue options. All 3 are moving very very swiftly so it doesn't seem to make much difference which queue you choose as you'll be through it in a minute anyway.

Carefully strategizing which is quickest, you make your commitment to one queue, and enter the roped section - it's no turning back now, you've made your decision.

At which point someone a little bit ahead starts getting the 3rd degree from immigration - possibly Romanian, possibly Arab, and the whole queue grinds to a halt.

The other 2 queues meanwhile continue churning people through the checkpoint as per usual. It's going to be a long few minutes looking at everyone else breeze on in.

Much as I support stringent immigration controls, this bugs the sh*t out of me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Internet 'Limited' WTF! does that even mean, does it mean that you still get emergency internet available in case of emergencies. Why doesn't it just say no internet at all as that is usually the case, what is it limited to :confused::confused:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

People who eat with their mouths open. My house mate eating a slice of toast is rage inducing, the noise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Time-wasting in conversations.

A: Do you know where the swimming pool is?
    B: Yes, just next door on the left.
    Now, in my opinion, this is where the conversation should end. Perhaps A might say thank you or whatever but the essentials of the conversation have been covered. Right? But...some plebs insist on dragging it out as follows:

A: Oh, I thought it was on the right.
    B: No, it's just next door on the left.
    A:On the left? I was so sure it was on the right. Would you believe that? I always thought it was on the right.

Fuucking drones. I usually cut the conversation right off. So it goes

A: Do you know where the pool is?
    Me: Yes it's just next door on the left
    A: I thought it was on the right
    Me: Blank stare.
    A: I always thought it was on the right!
    Me: Continue blank stare
    A: Are you not going to answer me?
    (I love this part)
    Me: I'm sorry, it wasn't a question....

I have to do this. If I keep up with the ridiculous, inane non-conversation I'd have to take them to the pool myself and throw them in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

I just remembered I was in a supermarket last year (tesco I think), not one I usually go to and they advertised Free WiFi, but to use it you had to register, arg! Like I'm going to give you my details to fill up my mailbox with spam offers! I think supermacs could be the same?
    If you're going to offer me Free WiFi please don't make me register so you can advertise to me - I'll just switch back to GPRS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    I just remembered I was in a supermarket last year (tesco I think), not one I usually go to and they advertised Free WiFi, but to use it you had to register, arg! Like I'm going to give you my details to fill up my mailbox with spam offers! I think supermacs could be the same?
    If you're going to offer me Free WiFi please don't make me register so you can advertise to me - I'll just switch back to GPRS.

You'd be wasting your time anyway tbh because half the time the free wifi doesn't work! They may be using a domestic router for the connection, but somebody should be able to go and turn it off and turn it back on again!

They don't actually spam you or anything, you just type in your clubcard number.

Worse though, is the free wifi on trains and buses - It's only mobile wifi so it's only as good as your mobile data connection on your phone anyway, sometimes it's worse, because again, the router is bollocksed.

Worst I ever came across though was this -
    Czarcasm wrote: »
    Bus Eireann Wi-Fi service.

Just tried it there now and after I went through the five minute registration process, it opens touch.boards.ie in a frame in your browser so they can fit in an inch width header advert overhead, making the touch site look like you'd open it on a desktop.

Feck away with that shìte! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Saw a guy reading the metro on the dart this morning. His lips were moving :rolleyes:

Saw a guy reading the metro on the dart this morning. His lips were moving :rolleyes:

And fingers?:P

I have to get a copy of this famous Metro

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Time-wasting in conversations.

A: Do you know where the swimming pool is?
    B: Yes, just next door on the left.
    Now, in my opinion, this is where the conversation should end. Perhaps A might say thank you or whatever but the essentials of the conversation have been covered. Right? But...some plebs insist on dragging it out as follows:

Jesus, I LOVE those ..I got it last week

It: Can you tell me where the post office is?
    Me: Yes
    It: Well, where is it?
    Me: If you turn round, pass the AIB, and its second left
    It: The AIB, I thought that was Bank of Ireland?
    Pause
    It: well which is it?
    Me: AIB, and then second left
    It: Down that way? Past The sweet shop?
    Me: No that's too far
    It: But you said second left after the Bank of Ireland
    Me: Get the fuuck away from me ( pulls poisoned ****e covered machete from under coat and runs amok)

ONW, what have you started?:D

"Stupid cancer. Some people want a fast car, etc etc etc. I just want cancer to go away. Post this if you want cancer to go away. Dont post it if you dont want to do anything to help and want everyone to die of cancer"
    Im paraphrasing of course but i hate this crap and all such posts.
    I feel it insulting to people who get off their arses and actually do something to ACTUALLY help rather than just regurgitating mass produced drivel .
    So my doing shave or die twice AND Movember dont count but reposting ****e does!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

"Stupid cancer. Some people want a fast car, etc etc etc. I just want cancer to go away. Post this if you want cancer to go away. Dont post it if you dont want to do anything to help and want everyone to die of cancer"
    I feel it insulting to people who get off their arses and actually do something to ACTUALLY help rather than just regurgitating mass produced drivel .
    So my doing shave or die twice AND Movember dont count but reposting ****e does!!!:rolleyes:

Arrrrrgh yes!

1 like = 1 prayer
    1 share = 100 prayers

the FB simultaneous terminal illnes equatuation :eek:

People have been unfriended for less!

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Arrrrrgh yes!

1 like = 1 prayer
    1 share = 100 prayers

the FB simultaneous terminal illnes equatuation :eek:

People have been unfriended for less!

The worst part is, there are some dullards who actually believe this sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Brought to you by the same people who brought you God and Guns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

So, I was in the supermarket this morning and picked a checkout with just 1 person ahead of me. Great, I thought to myself, as she only had a couple of items. But OH NO, that would be too easy. After her items had been scanned she asked for 20 Benson and Hedges, so the checkout operator had to leave the till to go to the tobacco kiosk to get the ciggys and then come back again. FFS, why couldn't the bitch just have gone to the kiosk herself? It's got a 10 item or less allowance.

I think I may very well lose the plot before Christmas is over:mad:

The worst part is, there are some dullards who actually believe this sh*t.

Its not particularly the religious themed ones that bug me. Its that people actually think that sharing this crap makes them some sort of caring activist. They feel they are contributing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Pronouncing 'Doherty' as 'dockerty ' , so annoying !

Oops69 wrote: »
    Pronouncing 'Doherty' as 'dockerty ' , so annoying !

Noel and Liam Galergur agree

• Advertisement

Its not particularly the religious themed ones that bug me. Its that people actually think that sharing this crap makes them some sort of caring activist. They feel they are contributing.

Exactly. Any of these chain letters, chain emails about limbless babies in Azerbaijan who will get a cent for every person you pass the mail onto, all the likes/shares crap on FB etc.

ALL of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement