Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The way Americans sometime go on when talking about dog training/breeding/grooming etc. These will be adults and will say things like "when puppy wants to potty outside.." or the groomer will suggest trimming the "potty area" of the dog. Some will even make reference to the dog "using the bathroom". These are adults and in some cases Vets or pro groomers going on as if talking to pre school kids. I mean, we are talking about dogs here,given half a chance they will roll in **** and or piss on each other. Not like people........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    The way Americans sometime go on when talking about dog training/breeding/grooming etc. These will be adults and will say things like "when puppy wants to potty outside.." or the groomer will suggest trimming the "potty area" of the dog. Some will even make reference to the dog "using the bathroom". These are adults and in some cases Vets or pro groomers going on as if talking to pre school kids. I mean, we are talking about dogs here,given half a chance they will roll in **** and or piss on each other. Not like people........

Some people..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

"Stupid cancer. Some people want a fast car, etc etc etc. I just want cancer to go away. Post this if you want cancer to go away. Dont post it if you dont want to do anything to help and want everyone to die of cancer"
    Im paraphrasing of course but i hate this crap and all such posts.
    I feel it insulting to people who get off their arses and actually do something to ACTUALLY help rather than just regurgitating mass produced drivel .
    So my doing shave or die twice AND Movember dont count but reposting ****e does!!!:rolleyes:
    People who think that doing "Movember" counts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

I really like my dogs and everything but really annoys me when I see people treating their dog like a real person. Especially those who refer to the dog as their baby because they think they are being cutesy or something.
    Dressing dogs up in non hilarious outfits is also really annoying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I really like my dogs and everything but really annoys me when I see people treating their dog like a real person. Especially those who refer to the dog as their baby because they think they are being cutesy or something.
    Dressing dogs up in non hilarious outfits is also really annoying.
    Dressing up dogs in general bugs the crap out of me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Seeing as I have raised an extraordinary amount for cancer research and my local hospice which looked sfter 2 family members dieing if cancer, tell me how it doesnt. Or are you just looking for a reaction?

Are you saying Movember etc is a waste of time? Raising money for cancer research does not count?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,989 ✭✭✭✭bnt

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Time-wasting in conversations.

A: Do you know where the swimming pool is?
    B: Yes, just next door on the left.
    People who ask roundabout questions like the above. Here's how that conversation would go if B was yours truly:
    A: Do you know where the swimming pool is?
    B: Yes, I know where the swimming pool is.
    A: :mad:
    B: :P

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Miley Cyrus's face.

People.

Ireland.

Miley Cyrus's face.

People.

Ireland.

If there is anything worse than Miley Cyrusssss face, its her gob****e Da and his Achey Brakey fuuckin Heart.....and his poxy mullet:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Miley Cyrus's face.

People.

Ireland.

Miley Cyrus's face is a thing of beauty. Unfortunately, her haircut is a f**king disgrace and ruins her good looks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Are you saying Movember etc is a waste of time? Raising money for cancer research does not count?:confused:

People who think just doing Movember counts, not bothering to raise cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

If there is anything worse than Miley Cyrusssss face, its her gob****e Da and his Achey Brakey fuuckin Heart.....and his poxy mullet:D

Has he still got that stupid fucking mullet? Knob.

Another thing Miley related is that stupid fucking word twerking that just annoys the bollocks off of me and selfie is another one. Who the fucking jaysus come up with this terrible bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'm so Pi$$ed off with the number of UK sellers who don't ship to Ireland. Definitely time I set up a Parcel Motel account. Also, I'm sick of trying to track down an Anchorman 2 mug. My brother loves the Anchorman stuff, I can't stand Will Ferrel, but hey ho. Nowhere has it, Easons advertised it but never got it in the Limerick store and everywhere online has sold out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I'm so Pi$$ed off with the number of UK sellers who don't ship to Ireland. Definitely time I set up a Parcel Motel account. Also, I'm sick of trying to track down an Anchorman 2 mug. My brother loves the Anchorman stuff, I can't stand Will Ferrel, but hey ho. Nowhere has it, Easons advertised it but never got it in the Limerick store and everywhere online has sold out.

parcel motel is so ****ing awesome

so awesome it annoys me, trivially

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

People who feel the need to use your name in every sentence.
    'hello deise
    How are you deise
    I went down town today deise and guess what deise. . . .
    And would you do that deise'

Ok you know my name. I get it. I know yours too but don't need to keep sayin it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Plastic milk cartons. Especially the screw on lid, top? or whatever that fookin thing is called that holds the milk in and stop it falling out onto my carpet when you turn it upside down, are they getting tighter or what.

Diet Drinks. Diet me arse. I put on weight drinking them.

Sick Building Syndrome.... fookin hate it.

Having to run to the doctor to get a prescription a few days before Christmas. Lets see, Christmas Eve is on a Tuesday this year, yeah, I'll have to go on either Friday or Monday.

Having to make small talk at the Christmas party, just go away, I don't interact with you all year and now some knucklehead has decided it would be a good idea if we sat together for the next 4 hours.

Jobsworths in their hi viz vests with the word STAFF or SECURITY or some other nonsense written on the back of it.... dude, no one gives a crap who you are and what you do. And their fookin clickity pens, clipboards, set of keys, walkie talkies and photo id hung around their necks.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

On boards lately -

"The Wesht"

Trumped only by the misspelling "The Whest"

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Diet Drinks. Diet me arse. I put on weight drinking them.

It's not the drinks doing it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Those f**king gobsh*tes that stand around and behind politicians when they are speaking to the press.

What the f**k are ye doing standing there??

Irritate the f**k out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Yes, I think it is ridiculous posturing ****e. Look at me I'm growing facial hair.

Yes, I think it is ridiculous posturing ****e. Look at me I'm growing facial hair.

I have to say, that's been one of the better thought out responses....my arse.

Are you old enough to grow facial hair?

If any act/deed raises money for worthwhile causes, I am all for it, even if it involves posturing or making yourself look a bit silly. Funds raised in this instance go to a Hospice, they do fantastic work and I hope neither you or any of your family ever have to avail of the excellent service they provide.

I dunno...at least he wasn't dry-humping everything in sight and kept his tongue actually in his mouth all the time...

That ad for missing teeth. "ike issing etters in an entence. Eally, eally nnoying" - ah fuuck off you eally eally etarded pastic.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Those f**king gobsh*tes that stand around and behind politicians when they are speaking to the press.

What the f**k are ye doing standing there??

Irritate the f**k out of me.

Fookin groupies.

SV wrote: »
    It's not the drinks doing it..

Thanks for the input professor, I was being sarcastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

You know what annoys me? People feeling the need to bring someone down, even if they're doing something with a positive result. So what if it's posturing? Does that make the money raised invalid somehow? This kind of attitude does my fucking head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Thanks for the input professor, I was being sarcastic.

:confused:
    but they are diet, that's the point. They contain zero(or close to) calories.
    I..what?
    rightio then.

Trvial thing that annoys me, those fúckers who park at petrol station pumps when they're not getting any petrol and just wander in to the shop. Park in the spaces set out for you you gimps

• Advertisement

Ads for Tivoli panto and Alan Hughes...............piss off

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement