Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Ads for Tivoli panto and Alan Hughes...............piss off

Fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I dunno...at least he wasn't dry-humping everything in sight and kept his tongue actually in his mouth all the time...

Thanks for using 'dry-humping' and not that other stupid invented word. You know the one that I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

gramar wrote: »
    Thanks for using 'dry-humping' and not that other stupid invented word. You know the one that I mean.

Crotchbopping?

Crotchbopping?

...that's a new one on me but others like gyrating and grinding are just as horrible. Horrible words for a horrible action by a horrible young woman who used to be very tasty indeed.

Crotchbopping?

I like it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

gramar wrote: »
    ...that's a new one on me but others like gyrating and grinding are just as horrible. Horrible words for a horrible action by a horrible young woman who used to be very tasty indeed.

I once walked into my 9 year old cousin's room and she had posters of Hannah Montanna all over her room. I thought to myself "God, this could be my room".

There was something so very wrong about that...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Crotchbopping?

I would of called it chuzzwozzing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Crotchbopping?

Showing my age now, but does no one just have an aul dance anymore:D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Showing my age now, but does no one just have an aul dance anymore:D

Remember how Eisenberg used to love a good laugh/cup of tea :pac:

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Remember how Eisenberg used to love a good laugh/cup of tea :pac:

No tea, a nice mug of Horlicks ( no jokes please ):P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Bring back The Ballroom Of Romance I say and enough of this twerking, and other tomfoolery.

Bring back The Ballroom Of Awkward Shifting I say and enough of this twerking, and other tomfoolery.

Fixed your post :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Fixed your post :pac:

Ah sure come on up the side of the hill after the dance with me in the dark and I let you look at me sheep, he, he, he.....

Ah sure come on up the side of the hill after the dance with me in the dark and I let you look at me sheep, he, he, he.....

Days like this im glad I lived in Dublin :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The Simpsons came on telly, after Come Dine With Me. I didn't change the channel... and now I wish I had. This is the official start up now!? Holy Christ, the show jumped off a cliff 15 years ago, but... what in the blue F*** is this!?

:mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

On 2fm, the news in Irish at 1.30 and 4.30. The same on radio 1 an 12.30 and 3.30. Why?
    Also, the Angelus on the telly at 6 o'clock. Surely these times have gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

MJ23 wrote: »
    On 2fm, the news in Irish at 1.30 and 4.30. The same on radio 1 an 12.30 and 3.30. Why?
    Also, the Angelus on the telly at 6 o'clock. Surely these times have gone now.

Wonder to they have news in English on tg4 and RnaG at the same times to balance the force

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

That West Coast Cooler ad on the telly, with the 3 wans dancing around. I die a little when I see it.
    I know I've said it before, but those Dolmio ads. I'd say italian peopke think it's like putting muck on your dinner. Ad in Italy for Irish stew in a can, "begorrah mammy, dats a great stew to be sure, toorah loorah begorrah"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Speed ramps:specifically people slowing down in front of you to 0.1mph and turning the wheel sideways to go over them , then speeding up a little and slowing down to 0.1 mph again , look , you're not driving a low hanging Ferrari supercar ! speed up a little , scrape your undercarriage a little bit for once you boring twats and let the rest of us get on with our lives !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

The amount of deodorant my housemates use, my whole house now reeks of lynx africa. Think I'm about to pass out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

The ****s who come to your door when you're eating your dinner asking about FloGas.

They love banging on the door about 5 times per minute when you don't open and love a good chat about how amazing their plans are compared to competitors.

Just had a fantastic encounter with one.

He was from FloGas and he knew we were too. I told him we were not interested and were happy with Bord Gáis. His face was priceless. He stood there completely confused, consulting his clipboard and sucking on his pen.

Adios, ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Coming back from town tonight.2 things some sap on a bike all in black,no lights pulls out in front of a car.How she didnt get creamed i dont know.
    Second one 2 cars parked outside the Rotunda where only ambulances are supposed to be parked ,next minute wailing ambulance comes around the corner.The 2 gob****e drivers trying to get out of there.Aagh hate dipsticks with a passion.

MJ23 wrote: »
    I know I've said it before, but those Dolmio ads. I'd say italian peopke think it's like putting muck on your dinner. Ad in Italy for Irish stew in a can, "begorrah mammy, dats a great stew to be sure, toorah loorah begorrah"

Those ads remind me of black & white minstrels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Oops69 wrote: »
    Speed ramps:specifically people slowing down in front of you to 0.1mph and turning the wheel sideways to go over them , then speeding up a little and slowing down to 0.1 mph again , look , you're not driving a low hanging Ferrari supercar ! speed up a little , scrape your undercarriage a little bit for once you boring twats and let the rest of us get on with our lives !

Or how about they don't damage their car because you want to get somewhere a bit faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 olddear

Was in a supermarket yesterday and a woman was coughing over everything, into the air, over food, did not once cover her mouth. Later she was queuing to pay for her groceries and I overheard her saying in a loud voice for all to hear,to a friend behind her that she had the flu, was on antibiotics and had a tummy bug. What is it with people who think spreading their germs all over the place is accepted. Also worked with a woman who coughed in everyone's face all the time. Do these people think their germs are special. :mad:

Squaredude wrote: »
    The amount of deodorant my housemates use, my whole house now reeks of lynx africa. Think I'm about to pass out.

Lynx is for knackers.

I think this is unique to Ireland. on the news, they the readers refer to major incidents happening at mealtimes.

"A bomb went off at teatime in central London today, killing ten people"

" there was a hit and run in Dublin today at dinnertime"

"WW3 broke out at lunchtime "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Calendars that start the week on Monday.

aujopimur wrote: »
    Calendars that start the week on Monday.

I always thought that was the correct way to have a calender , as the week ends on saturday and sunday and a new week starts on Monday.

Madness I tells ya! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I always thought that was the correct way to have a calender , as the week ends on saturday and sunday and a new week starts on Monday.

Madness I tells ya! ;)

Sunday is the first day of the week, though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement