Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Empty soap dispensers (or no soap dispensers) in the toilets in bars and clubs. The scribbles on the cleaning sheet is meant to show how frequently the toilets are getting checked which is obviously complete bull.

Oh and as a man I find it disgusting to see the amount of guys who walk out without washing their hands *puke*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

kingtut wrote: »

Oh and as a man I find it disgusting to see the amount of guys who walk out without washing their hands *puke*

Stan: Kyle, it's just pee. It's not that big a deal.
    Kyle: Yes, it is a big deal! Why do you think everyone washing their hands after they go to the bathroom?
    Stan: [Hesitates] Well, not everyone washes their hands after they go to the bathroom.
    Kyle: [Shocked] What!?
    Stan: [Ignoring Kyle's disbelief] Come on, dude, you gotta swim!
    Kyle: You don't wash your hands after going to the bathroom?
    Stan: Not... all the time!
    Kyle: That is gross!
    Stan: Why? It's not like you're peeing on your hands. There's more germs on most furniture then there is in pee.
    Butters: Yeah. If anything you should wash your hands before you touch your wiener.

I am with the knowledgable Stan and Butters on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

maximoose wrote: »
    Stan: Kyle, it's just pee. It's not that big a deal.
    Kyle: Yes, it is a big deal! Why do you think everyone washing their hands after they go to the bathroom?
    Stan: [Hesitates] Well, not everyone washes their hands after they go to the bathroom.
    Kyle: [Shocked] What!?
    Stan: [Ignoring Kyle's disbelief] Come on, dude, you gotta swim!
    Kyle: You don't wash your hands after going to the bathroom?
    Stan: Not... all the time!
    Kyle: That is gross!
    Stan: Why? It's not like you're peeing on your hands. There's more germs on most furniture then there is in pee.
    Butters: Yeah. If anything you should wash your hands before you touch your wiener.

I am with the knowledgable Stan and Butters on this one.

Hate that feeling after you've washed your hands and then you have to touch the toilet door handle to get out anyway and you know a lot of people who touched it before you didn't wash theirs. I usually try to open it with a combination of elbow and foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

There's people who have a dump and don't wash their hands afterwards. That's wrong.
    People who borrow stuff all the time. I know people that won't buy stuff because they know they can borrow it. Different if it's a once off, but if you have to borrow your neighbours drill 5 times in a year, buy your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

When a film ends with multiple outtakes during the credits, especially when I get the impression that the 'mistake' clips were filmed specifically for this reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Cienciano wrote: »
    There's people who have a dump and don't wash their hands afterwards. That's wrong.
    People who borrow stuff all the time. I know people that won't buy stuff because they know they can borrow it. Different if it's a once off, but if you have to borrow your neighbours drill 5 times in a year, buy your own.

Oh people who don't give back things they've borrowed is extremely irritating.
    I rarely borrow anything from anyone but if I do, I guard it with my life and give it back asap.

For example, I borrowed a boxset of films from a friend before Christmas and even put it away from my own DVDs so as not to mix them up.
    Everytime I watched a film, I put it back in the box and then returned the lot as quick as I could.

I don't get the same in return though...I've loaned people films and got them back MONTHS after lending them and it's only after I've asked for them-sometimes they come back scratched too.
    If you borrow something, give it back when you're done in the SAME CONDITION you found it in or else there'll be no more flippin borrowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Dogs who can't train their owners to pick up and bin their crap. Bastards.

"I don't carry litter bags" is not an excuse. If you're taking your dog for a walk to take a dump, carry a damn bag so I don't have to bin a good handkerchief!

Hardly bloody rocket science.

osarusan wrote: »
    When a film ends with multiple outtakes during the credits, especially when I get the impression that the 'mistake' clips were filmed specifically for this reason.

yup, also when a film has a "synopsis" at the end where they wind up the story and tell you what happened to all the secondary characters. It just smacks of bad time-keeping if they have to do this, and its always really condescending, like "chuck went on to become a tree hugger and is now living in the Amazon with that nun on the run that he shacked up with" - ffs.

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Dogs who can't train their owners to pick up and bin their crap. Bastards.

"I don't carry litter bags" is not an excuse. If you're taking your dog for a walk to take a dump, carry a damn bag so I don't have to bin a good handkerchief!

Hardly bloody rocket science.

This. Also, walking in someone's phlegm/urine/broken glass whilst on my way to the bin with a bag of my dog's sh1t, getting dirty looks from people because I am...carrying a bag of sh1t :(

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    yup, also when a film has a "synopsis" at the end where they wind up the story and tell you what happened to all the secondary characters. It just smacks of bad time-keeping if they have to do this, and its always really condescending, like "chuck went on to become a tree hugger and is now living in the Amazon with that nun on the run that he shacked up with" - ffs.

dont mind that when the story is completed, like in remember the titans, they had achieved the their goal of uniting the town so it was good to hear how their lives turned out

have you any examples of annoying ones, out of interest

• Advertisement

Credits at the start of a TV show that go on for ages. Why have any credits at the start? We're watching the story, no need to have in big text on the bottom of the screen telling me the name of the techincal assisant. Same goes for movies.

Another thing that annoys me is bad camera angles on tv shows like Match of the Day 2. I watch MOTD2 to catch up on the weekend goals, but for some idiotic reason they think everyone saw Saturdays goals already, so they'll show them all from a pitchside camera angle :mad:

dont mind that when the story is completed, like in remember the titans, they had achieved the their goal of uniting the town so it was good to hear how their lives turned out

have you any examples of annoying ones, out of interest

not off the top of my head, no

great, now that is annoying me because I know there are loads but I just cant think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

That Bastard UPC remote that never does what you want it to........aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh.......

i.e Press 606. Get 303 .Like WTF?

Sony Xperia phones

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDENIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGGG

like, freeze....freeze...freeze....doeverythingatonce...freeeeeeeeeeeze :mad:

Call someone...freeeeeze...10 minutes later when you think the call hasn't gone through you hear a tinny "hello hello?" coming from your piece of sh1te phone :mad: :mad:

oh and no battery life, seriously, my OH lasts longer than my phone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Cienciano wrote: »
    Credits at the start of a TV show that go on for ages.

Stupidly long intros too, ie Oz and The Wire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Sony Xperia phones

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDENIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGGG

like, freeze....freeze...freeze....doeverythingatonce...freeeeeeeeeeeze :mad:

Call someone...freeeeeze...10 minutes later when you think the call hasn't gone through you hear a tinny "hello hello?" coming from your piece of sh1te phone :mad: :mad:

oh and no battery life, seriously, my OH lasts longer than my phone :rolleyes:

I have one of these phones, dunno if it will help you or not but i find, if i turn off some of the apps running in the background might help with the freezing, also if you leave the phone on continueasly if you turn it off once in a while to reset the timers on the apps aswell. May or may not help you idk

I have one of these phones, dunno if it will help you or not but i find, if i turn off some of the apps running in the background might help with the freezing, also if you leave the phone on continueasly if you turn it off once in a while to reset the timers on the apps aswell. May or may not help you idk

ok tks will try! :)

maximoose wrote: »
    Stupidly long intros too, ie Oz and The Wire
    Was watching Homeland, and when you include the What happened last week bit, credits, and what's happening this week, it was about 5 minutes I had to forward through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

That Bastard UPC remote that never does what you want it to........aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh.......

It's worse on the Sky remote when you get cbeebies instead of Babestation, then realise you pressed 612 instead of 912.

Thankfully a backlit remote I can see in the dark has solved this little problem! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Here Come The Pretzels

Speaking of which, does anyone get really annoyed by the 0.5 second delay between pressing the '+' channel button and the channel actually changing? I think its UPC which suffers the most... Doesnt sound like much but the faster you flick the more noticable it becomes.
    Maybe its me, but back in the day remote responded quicker.
    Less channels but also less 'remote induced' stress...

• Advertisement

Speaking of which, does anyone get really annoyed by the 0.5 second delay between pressing the '+' channel button and the channel actually changing? I think its UPC which suffers the most... Doesnt sound like much but the faster you flick the more noticable it becomes.
    Maybe its me, but back in the day remote responded quicker.
    Less channels but also less 'remote induced' stress...
    The one time I used UPC scrolling down through the tv guide took ages. Sometimes it would take about a minute to get from one page to the next. I think I actually prefered back in the old days with 8 tv stations and no remote than UPC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭poeticseraphim

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Not at all, this is a light hearted thread, unlike some of the threads started by your good self which usually end up being closed because you can't tone down your bitterness at the CC.

There's a trivial thing that annoys me, not people who are hypocrites, but people who are hypocrites yet don't seem to want to acknowledge it for themselves.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

So this is where all the fun people hang out. The bitterness is strong in this thread.

This sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Heading out for one pint but ending up back in your bed at 6am typing **** on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭lilium inter Spinas

How much of a dead zone my room is for all electronics...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Kichote wrote: »
    People are paid to pick it up.

Leaving rubbish behind == creating jobs

I once got a lift once off people who were eating a burger and chips. When they were finished eating, they fecked everything out the window. I guess they must’ve had a slight twinge of guilt, as they said something along the lines of: “shur that’ll create jobs for the people that have to pick it up”! At least I hope it was guilt, I hope they genuinely don’t believe it.

One thing is sure, littering creates work. Job creation however, that’s doubtful as otherwise governments around the world would be encouraging people to dump their rubbish anywhere they like to solve the unemployment crisis.

Looking at the cinema example, I doubt very much that any extra people are hired to clean up after messy people, or that people would lose their jobs if people didn’t leave their rubbish strewn around.

Another example closer to my heart. I work for a local authority, where I manage a team of 5-6 lads who work to maintain the rivers in good condition, planting trees, removing invasive plant species, cutting down dying trees that pose a risk of falling into the river and blocking the water-flow near bridges and causing flooding etc. A part of their job is to remove rubbish from the river. If suddenly everyone decided to throw rubbish into the river, the team would spend more time removing rubbish and less on other jobs. No new jobs would be created.

So I would have to say a thing that annoys me is people coming up with bullsh1t reasons to justify their bad/lazy behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

People that admire Sinn Fein. They annoy me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

People that can't just say bye once when they are hanging up on the phone.

You know the person that goes 'Okay, chat ya later. Byebyebyebyebyebyebye…'
    I get it - your hanging up the phone. One bye was enough to signal that intention. Repeatedly saying is starting to hurt my feelings - it's like you really really want to get rid of me…

And I know the person on the other end is on a mobile so all they have to do is touch the screen to hang up but I still picture them using a house phone and putting down the receiver all the time shouting bye repeatedly into the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

The fella in the McDonalds ads with the English accent that says ''Can't argue with that'' at the end when the logo appears.

For some reason the sound of his voice and the way he says it fills me with rage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Bits of Marmalade in the butter when someone double dips the knife in the butter tub after taking a blob of marmalade from the jar, please butter the thing first and then use the marmalade

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement