Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Husband? ��

Can't see whatever image/whatever it is after after the 'Husband?'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

osarusan wrote: »
    Can't see whatever image/whatever it is after after the 'Husband?'.

Make me another cuppa and I'll tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who use the term 'first world problems'. I always picture them as stroppy teens. Jesus, the arrogance of implying that if you aren't a famine victim then you aren't entitled to have a moan about anything.

I hate this one, and actually used it myself the other day without thinking. As if that wasn't cringewrothy enough, the girl I had said it to replied, with "yah...totes!"

What a pair of eejits.

(goes home and beats self with pots and pans):(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    The other day, using my laptop in a public place, and a guy comes up asks "any chance I could borrow your laptop, I need to check the share prices in Barclays bank"

Now that is a guy who needs to be told "piss off and get a smartphone"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Even worse are some of the scripts, like this one from an advertisement for sex toys -

"What blew me away was the customer service..."
    I'll bet they did :pac:[/QUOTE]

Like those penis enhancing kits, they promise a full refund if you are not "satisfied".....they sent the refund STG45.00. that's great I thought, until I see in big, black, bold letters on the cheque "ACME PENIS ENLARGMENTS INC"

Now, I have to bring that to Breda in AIB:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Sitting in the office and one of the woman was upset because her boyfriend had broken up with her. The response from every woman around, "Men don't like successful women". Excuse me WTF?
    I then get asked why men don't like successful women. I said I didn't think that was true and the guy probably broke up with her because she was so controlling and didn't want him seeing his family as much as he did. Very awkward silence in the break room.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

1. Skinny jeans being sold everywhere. I want regular or baggy jeans (not too baggy). Every mans clothing shop has nothing but skinny or tight fitting jeans. I dont wanna look like Harry "d!ckhead" Styles!

2. Was eating a lovely well done steak and a work collegaue mentions that Ive ruined a good steak, that it should be bloody and pink. Feck off, ill eat it how ever I like. I enjoy it nearly cremated therefore its far from ruin ya twat!

3. The stalls on Henry st, sell nothing but crap and its the same crap on every 3 stalls. They just block the street. I wouldnt put any of those Xmas lights near my tree, thanks but no thanks!

Sitting in the office and one of the woman was upset because her boyfriend had broken up with her. The response from every woman around, "Men don't like successful women". Excuse me WTF?
    I then get asked why men don't like successful women. I said I didn't think that was true and the guy probably broke up with her because she was so controlling and didn't want him seeing his family as much as he did. Very awkward silence in the break room.

That makes me smile! Well played

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

beakerjoe wrote: »
    1. Skinny jeans being sold everywhere. I want regular or baggy jeans (not too baggy). Every mans clothing shop has nothing but skinny or tight fitting jeans. I dont wanna look like Harry "d!ckhead" Styles!

2. Was eating a lovely well done steak and a work collegaue mentions that Ive ruined a good steak, that it should be bloody and pink. Feck off, ill eat it how ever I like. I enjoy it nearly cremated therefore its far from ruin ya twat!

3. The stalls on Henry st, sell nothing but crap and its the same crap on every 3 stalls. They just block the street. I wouldnt put any of those Xmas lights near my tree, thanks but no thanks!

Much as it shames me at 39.9 years of age, but I still buy jeans in Top Shop, cos in behind all the skinny jeans, they still have a couple of pairs of flares :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

You do know that you've now been labelled as a bigger bas*ard then her ex don't you?:D It's easier just to go along with the rant sometimes;)

• Advertisement

You do know that you've now been labelled as a bigger bas*ard then her ex don't you?:D It's easier just to go along with the rant sometimes;)

But its less fun

It was sexist as hell. Can you imagine a group of men standing around saying all woman are only interested in money? There would be war. She can label me whatever she wants but she is a control freak.

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    People who can't see how hot Twink is when she is domineering

Christ on a bike..................she is all yours, if you are really lucky, you might get Linda Martin in on the act:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I've always hated when women publicise their personal problems in the workplace, it's so unprofessional and most of their colleagues really don't want to know. I say that as a woman, I can't stand whiney, needy women, probably why I've always preferred having male friends.

I've always hated when women publicise their personal problems in the workplace, it's so unprofessional and most of their colleagues really don't want to know. I say that as a woman, I can't stand whiney, needy women, probably why I've always preferred having male friends.

I kind of want to know. I love hearing the misery side of things when an absolute head wrecker has been dumped by her fella.

From the excuses , to the denial, to the name calling, all the while i know shes a mentalist and this guy got a lucky escape.

ALL MUSIC TO MY EARS

Christ on a bike..................she is all yours, if you are really lucky, you might get Linda Martin in on then act:D

Dear Jesus.

*leaves thread forever*

:pac:

Christ on a bike..................she is all yours, if you are really lucky, you might get Linda Martin in on then act:D

Post of the day surely. I spat out my cornflakes reading that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

When you're just finished typing out a lengthy reply to a thread, go to post it...

And the thread's been closed for review! :mad:

*shuffles away like a gibbering idiot* :(

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

Much as it shames me at 39.9 years of age, but I still buy jeans in Top Shop, cos in behind all the skinny jeans, they still have a couple of pairs of flares :pac:

And as a 32 year old man, I do sometimes wear skinny jeans. But I end up having that whole can/should argument with myself

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Czarcasm wrote: »
    When you're just finished typing out a lengthy reply to a thread, go to post it...

And the thread's been closed for review! :mad:

*shuffles away like a gibbering idiot* :(

Since Ive started here I have honestly lost count of the number of times thats happened!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Advertisements using "real customers" (who you know damn well are paid actors!)

This one bothers me every time I see it

20 secs "Great long battery life"

How fúcking long was she sitting in that park to be possibly able to comment on the battery life? Real my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

Some fcuker keeps trying to send a fax to my work phone every few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

elfy4eva wrote: »
    I hate when cleaning staff start invading a cinema screen during the credits making ya feel the need to leave. This is especially annoying for comic book films which often have a teaser beyond the credits.
    Also when the house lights fire up immediately, might as well have an usher shout "get the **** out of the screen!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Itchy tonsils. So frustrating :mad:

Every time I swallow it feels like there's something lodged in my throat.

whiterob81 wrote: »
    Some fcuker keeps trying to send a fax to my work phone every few minutes.

That sound always reminds me of the Dial-Up Modem back in the days before broadband when I used crap myself that something went wrong every time it did that boom, bang, then silence bit :o

Makes me think of loading games to a Spectrum 48K or a Commodore 64 :D

mauzo! wrote: »
    Itchy tonsils. So frustrating :mad:

Every time I swallow it feels like there's something lodged in my throat.

Woke up yesterday morning with a throbbing pain behind my eyeball, no idea where it came out of, and it can't be my brain pressing against my eyeball, my brain isn't big enough :pac:

It could well be the fact that I took today off work because the young lad has a cold all weekend and wouldn't get out of bed this morning, and my wife still isn't back from Germany, and as soon as I said he could stay at home, suddenly he's cured and has been playing musical rooms ever since -

He's destroyed the bedroom, and then while I'm fixing up the bedroom he's destroyed the living room, then on to his bedroom... and when I give out to him for it, I get -

"You need to grow up now Dad! You need to calm down or else I'm telling Mammy when she gets home"...

The little fecker will be going outside the door next! :mad:

Ha, the aul fax. I remember a few years ago, trying to fax a "very important document" to a "very important client" (she never failed to make me aware of those two things on each and every occasion).I sent the fax and thought no more about it. Twenty mins later I get the call "where is the fax?" I send it again, and again, I even call her to make sure she got it, double check the fax number etc, STILL does not receive it. I then bite the bullet and ask "are you sure your machine has paper in it?".......

The response ...."Big sigh......sure you are SENDING it to me!!"

Sweet divine........

When people write "Mods feel free to move". I have done this myself. As if one of them has ever sought permission or needs an invitation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Freemount09

People that sign off emails KR instead of Kind Regards, and then their first inital of their name. Like they are too busy / important to spend 2 whole seconds typing out the full words.

Thanks for reading

KR

F

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement