Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

People that sign off emails KR instead of Kind Regards, and then their first inital of their name. Like they are too busy / important to spend 2 whole seconds typing out the full words.

Thanks for reading

KR

F

I haven't had the displeasure to witness that one yet (usually sign off my own mails with "Regards" and my name underneath), but what really hacks me off, is these people that their email signature takes up nearly half the screen -

Here are the reports you asked for.

Kind Regards,

Name,
    Job title

Email address (why? I have it already!),
    Phone,
    Mobile,
    Fax.

Office address Line 1,
    Office address Line 2,
    Office address Line 3.

<Company Logo>

<Paragraph about Virus Scans>

<Paragraph about Legal Disclaimers>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

HMV at Christmas.

People in canteens who are waiting for something that's in the microwave or a coffee and manage to get in everyones way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Posted a few pages back about woman i the office crying. I just got asked to speak to HR at 3:45. No other reason for me to speak to them except for this incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People in canteens who are waiting for something that's in the microwave or a coffee and manage to get in everyones way.

These are the same people who have Terribly Important Conversations(TM) in busy doorways. In the canteen, they do that in front of the fridge, the microwave, the sink and the coffee machine, as well as in the actual canteen door. Eat hot-lead funeral, gimpoids!! :mad:

• Advertisement

Posted a few pages back about woman i the office crying. I just got asked to speak to HR at 3:45. No other reason for me to speak to them except for this incident.

:eek: Now it will be your fault they broke up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Don't forget to tell them how offended you were by their blatant sexism.

Don't forget to tell them how offended you were by their blatant sexism.

I actually am going to say that.

jimgoose wrote: »
    These are the same people who have Terribly Important Conversations(TM) in busy doorways. In the canteen, they do that in front of the fridge, the microwave, the sink and the coffee machine, as well as in the actual canteen door. Eat hot-lead funeral, gimpoids!! :mad:

That drives me mad, and they dont move either!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

What exactly did you say Salty?

• Advertisement

I actually am going to say that.

I would. I mean, if you had generalised their gender the way they generalised about yours they'd be out burning their bras.

That drives me mad, and they dont move either!

However, I now have a problem. I arrived back from lunch there to find a hamper the size of a Volkswagen Polo on my desk. Apparently I won the S&S raffle. Huzzah! :D:D:D

But how am I supposed to be trivially annoyed now?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

People who type like this, for example 'I was runnin' through the field and hoppin' over the walls'

Why put the ' instead of the actual letter? You're not cool.

However, I now have a problem. I arrived back from lunch there to find a hamper the size of a Volkswagen Polo on my desk. Apparently I won the S&S raffle. Huzzah! :D:D:D

Some poor sod won industral chimney sweep for a day though.... spare a thought :pac:

I won the S&M hamper - its way better :D You could complain about having to carry it home, someone did that to me last week. Manages to put a negative spin on everything but I thought, even for her, that was an achievement!

Is there something in the hamper that you don't like? That would annoy me, trivially.

People who say Santa! Its Santy FFS !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

People who say Santy! Its Santa FFS !!!!!

People who say Santa or Santy. It's Satan FFS!

Congratulations Salty, they want to speak to you about a promotion to higher management!

Only the best bastards work in higher management! :D

• Advertisement

I won the S&M hamper - its way better :D You could complain about having to carry it home, someone did that to me last week. Manages to put a negative spin on everything but I thought, even for her, that was an achievement!
    Impressive. Most impressive. :cool:
    Is there something in the hamper that you don't like? That would annoy me, trivially.

Excellent idea. In fact, there is a small jar of sugared jelly sweets in there. I hate those things - I think I'll go and kick someone.

There were 5 women in the break room saying that the guy who just broke up with F was a loser etc etc and he is typical of all men- can't stand a woman in charge or with any sort of success. He was totally out of order and all men are the same, they want to be in control of anything. I said nothing through any of this and continued eating my scone (got it in Keogh's this morning). I then got asked by the woman who was dumped, "Salty, why are ALL men threatened by a successful woman? It's like none of ye can handle it. Bloody pathetic". I said "I am not threatened in the slightest nor is any other man I know threatened". F then said "Well J obviously was. What did I see in him?! He was such a loser". I knew the guy from school and said "I always thought him sound enough". Atmosphere went weird then. She said "He was threatened by me. Men can't handle women in control" - all women nodding in agreement. I said "Perhaps if you were a little less controlling and stopped giving out to him every time he went to see his family you would still be together". VERY awkward silence in the room.

In context, I have listened to her bitch and moan for weeks about this guy and the amount of time he spends with his family. Sister and his brother in law have 2 toddlers and a baby just born. He went over to help look after the kids for a few days so they weren't swamped with 3 kids. F bitched and moaned and insisted he not go over anymore without her for a flying visit. she has been nothing but cruel about him.

The group of women in the office are unbelievably sexist. If I don't do what they say I start listening to "have you not got the balls for it". I know it doesn't sound bad but it is pretty horrible working with them. As HR is about to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

beakerjoe wrote: »
    People who say Santa! Its Santy FFS !!!!!
    People who say Santy! Its Santa FFS !!!!!

just be glad the resident Gaelgoir Nazi doesn't keep referring to him as Daidí na Nollag

...She said "He was threatened by me. Men can't handle women in control"...

She's probably too furken fat for Reverse Cowgirl.

<long back story>

As HR is about to find out.

Salty all joking aside, HR won't be particularly interested in listening to something more suited to Jeremy Kyle.

Your best bet is to zip your lip.

Take it from someone who was in front of HR more times than I spent at my own desk! :pac:

I can see now why replacing the air freshener cannister with a can of farting gas was only funny in my head (the more they tried to clear the air, the worse it got!), and how bursting an air bag cushion from the back of a lorry container with the forks of the forklift, causing a loud explosion could have deafened someone, or how changing a batch file on screen prompt during testing to "Do not switch off this computer or you will set off the bomb inside" could cause someone considerable distress... :o

How I wasn't fired I'll never know!

There were 5 women in the break room saying that the guy who just broke up with F was a loser etc etc and he is typical of all men- can't stand a woman in charge or with any sort of success. He was totally out of order and all men are the same, they want to be in control of anything. I said nothing through any of this and continued eating my scone (got it in Keogh's this morning). I then got asked by the woman who was dumped, "Salty, why are ALL men threatened by a successful woman? It's like none of ye can handle it. Bloody pathetic". I said "I am not threatened in the slightest nor is any other man I know threatened". F then said "Well J obviously was. What did I see in him?! He was such a loser". I knew the guy from school and said "I always thought him sound enough". Atmosphere went weird then. She said "He was threatened by me. Men can't handle women in control" - all women nodding in agreement. I said "Perhaps if you were a little less controlling and stopped giving out to him every time he went to see his family you would still be together". VERY awkward silence in the room.

In context, I have listened to her bitch and moan for weeks about this guy and the amount of time he spends with his family. Sister and his brother in law have 2 toddlers and a baby just born. He went over to help look after the kids for a few days so they weren't swamped with 3 kids. F bitched and moaned and insisted he not go over anymore without her for a flying visit. she has been nothing but cruel about him.

The group of women in the office are unbelievably sexist. If I don't do what they say I start listening to "have you not got the balls for it". I know it doesn't sound bad but it is pretty horrible working with them. As HR is about to find out.

See? This is blanantly sexist. If it was the other way round and you asked them did they not have the tits for it (not that that's even a real thing, but you know what I mean), I can assure you that it would become an issue.

In fairness from what you're saying here, you only answered the questions she asked. I say tell HR exactly what you just wrote here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

See? This is blanantly sexist. If it was the other way round and you asked them did they not have the tits for it (not that that's even a real thing, but you know what I mean), I can assure you that it would become an issue.

In fairness from what you're saying here, you only answered the questions she asked. I say tell HR exactly what you just wrote here.

Pure gold.

I'm using that

I would. I mean, if you had generalised their gender the way they generalised about yours they'd be out burning their bras.

I should start making generalisations about women more often! :p

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I should start making generalisations about women more often! :p

ummmm....dunno....have you seen the state of most feminists? Butch militant trucks they are haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

People who say Santa or Santy. It's Satan FFS!
    All hail the dark lord SANTA

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement