Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

We don't know the exact circumstances of Salty's workplace so it's hard to judge whether it's worth making an official complaint or not. It may create
    more problems than it will solve but he knows his company better than we do
    so should have an idea of how HR might deal with it.

When I was about 18/19 I used to work with a bunch of older women. There was lots of sexist talk but nothing that was meant as insulting or belittling. I used to give as good as I got and it was a good laugh and all harmless really. I think it depends on how it's used. If it's used to hurt or ridicule then it should be dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Garzard

Slow walkers, no consideration for anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Garzard wrote: »
    Slow walkers.

And then they stop dead right in front of you on the pavement, and you almost walk into them, they seem to waken up, realise where they are, turn around and walk back the way they came..... invasion of the body snatchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

People who call you boss or sham. Alright boss, alright sham. Would you be interested in buying some tools, boss? A welder, an angle grinder or what about some flood lights? I think the sham one is exclusively a Donegal thing, still hate it though. Anyone under 20 who talks about 'drifting' and calling their car 'a yoke'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Students that spell college wrong!

They usually spell it as "Collage" annoys me to no end.

If you can't spell it right you don't belong in college!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

And then they stop dead right in front of you on the pavement, and you almost walk into them, they seem to waken up, realise where they are, turn around and walk back the way they came..... invasion of the body snatchers?
    They're the same people you find standing right in the door of every busy shop in town. Well not quite under the doorframe... just far enough out to get in the way of people walking on the street at well.

Positioning skills Paul McGrath would have been proud of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Spelling and grammar pedants who complain about other peoples spelling and grammar, when their own spelling and grammar is hardly anything special to write home about.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,603 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Students that spell college wrong!

They usually spell it as "Collage" annoys me to no end.

If you can't spell it right you don't belong in college!

Einstein's spelling probablly wasn't the best, what with his dyslexia.

Would he have been too stupid for collage?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

People who call you boss or sham. Alright boss, alright sham. Would you be interested in buying some tools, boss? A welder, an angle grinder or what about some flood lights? I think the sham one is exclusively a Donegal thing, still hate it though. Anyone under 20 who talks about 'drifting' and calling their car 'a yoke'.

Have that in Limerick too, more "kid" here, well it's more "alright kiiiiiid" or "cuz" ugh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Just out of my meeting with HR. Went really well! She asked me what happened and I explained the whole thing. Got asked about how I felt in my department being the only male etc. It seems someone from another dept (she wouldn't tell me who) has overheard them in the past talking about my genitals-putting it politely. Was told I handled the situation correctly and that she will be speaking to the women involved as there were 4 that complained about me. I said the whole atmosphere is toxic and what they are like to work with etc. She (H) had heard comments made before and that she was not too impressed by what was being said.
    I was told can either pick the dept that I want to transfer to -3 with openings and 1 with a better promotion opportunity. I have made a formal complaint against the women for sexism in the workplace. Felt really great walking out the door! I deserve another scone from Keogh's now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Just out of my meeting with HR. Went really well! She asked me what happened and I explained the whole thing. Got asked about how I felt in my department being the only male etc. It seems someone from another dept (she wouldn't tell me who) has overheard them in the past talking about my genitals-putting it politely. Was told I handled the situation correctly and that she will be speaking to the women involved as there were 4 that complained about me. I said the whole atmosphere is toxic and what they are like to work with etc. She (H) had heard comments made before and that she was not too impressed by what was being said.
    I was told can either pick the dept that I want to transfer to -3 with openings and 1 with a better promotion opportunity. I have made a formal complaint against the women for sexism in the workplace. Felt really great walking out the door! I deserve another scone from Keogh's now!

Great! :D

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Congratulations Salty, they want to speak to you about a promotion to higher management!

Only the best bastards work in higher management! :D

Your winning lotto numbers for tomorrow night are:

6, 13, 25, 28, 42, 45.

Buy ALL the scones! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Einstein's spelling probablly wasn't the best, what with his dyslexia.

Would he have been too stupid for collage?

Oh but he had a far more beautiful mind than most. The people that spell college wrong tend to be the folks that think community college is a real college and get really up their own arse like they way Trinity students go on.

Or people that are doing hospitality/beauty therapy courses.

A lot of them are complete tools!

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Oh but he had a far more beautiful mind than most. The people that spell college wrong tend to be the folks that think community college is a real college and get really up their own arse like they way Trinity students go on.

Or people that are doing hospitality/beauty therapy courses.

A lot of them complete tools!

Said with no hint of irony whatsoever.

What did they complain about you for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

gramar wrote: »
    What did they complain about you for?

They said I bullied her and belittled her in front of coworkers.

Fcukin' hell...4 of them went to HR to complain about you for putting her straight about her ex-boyfriend in the canteen? As I said...fcukin' hell. Sounds like they can dish it out but they can't take it.

Get a transfer if you can. Life is too short. No point getting dragged into all that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Ugh I can picture that fcuking conversation. All decided amongst themselves that you're a man of a bastard so you are, and do you know what we'll do now, and all pleased with themselves for picking the right words for the complaint and building up some kind of critical complaint mass. Kind of glad it blew up in their faces, festive good cheer be damned. Like a bunch of little bitches in the playground who start fights and run off to tell.

Also I'm cracking up at the scone details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Also another cinema one: People who don't talk during the film (fair enough) but still find it acceptable to rattle their sweet bags at a ridiculous volume. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

e_e wrote: »
    Also another cinema one: People who don't talk during the film (fair enough) but still find it acceptable to rattle their sweet bags at a ridiculous volume. :confused:

A pox on the house of the cúnt who decided that nachos are a cinema food. "Do you know what the cinema needs? The loudest food ever, but also the food you're most likely to stain and scald yourself with if you spill it in the silent darkened room...my god I've got it!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

People on a fairly cold day like today, not exactly siberian cold , coming into a cosily warm office or room , divest themselves of their Russian winter clothing , and keep shivering and shuddering intermittently for the next few hours , giving you the shivers as well , get away from me and stand under a heat lamp and warm yourselves up you lizards !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'm not working and my parents and brother seem to feel that I'm some sort of personal shopping service. I'm beginning to lose patience with the amount of things I'm being asked to get for them. I don't like Christmas shopping so I do most of it online, yet I'm running around like a servant getting their stuff.

Silly me, mentioned at the weekend that I'm getting my haircut tomorrow, so I got a call from my mum earlier to ask if I could get something in Argos for her. This is after I went to Argos last Saturday to pick up an MP3 player that my brother got her as a Christmas present and I also ordered the perfume that my dad is getting her for Christmas. FFS at this stage they might as well stick a broom up my arse and I can sweep the floor while I'm at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

TV/Radio/ Press describing what criminals were wearing for their court appearance, who cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mustard_igloo

People who don't get an answer the first time, then call again, then text WHEN THEY KNOW I CANNOT ANSWER MY DAMN PHONE!

And even if I could, I'll call you back when I see the missed call :mad::mad:

Even worse is when you call them back, and the reason they were calling was for something ridiculous that could have waited. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

aujopimur wrote: »
    TV/Radio/ Press describing what criminals were wearing for their court appearance, who cares.

The Judge might.Some of them give more lenience to smart dress rather than a track suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

People like those 4 clowns do real victims of bullying no good whatsoever by throwing around accusations like that.

Hope it all works out for you saltyjack.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

People that sign off emails KR instead of Kind Regards, and then their first inital of their name. Like they are too busy / important to spend 2 whole seconds typing out the full words.

Thanks for reading

KR

F
    I've a colleague who has an email signature that adds itself automatically to the end of emails.

but she always forgets and writes it anyway, so I see something like this:

So we can discuss that when we meet on the 13th.

Regards,

Stacey.

Regards,

Stacey.

:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Owldshtok wrote: »
    Some Judges might give lenience to smart dress rather than a track suit.

Still, so what. Sentence are too light in this country regardless of what you wear anyway. What you wear is a trivial matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

Still, so what. Sentence are too light in this country regardless of what you wear anyway. What you wear is a trivial matter.

It should be, but I don't think the judiciary see it that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

That sore ear you get sometimes when you wake up after sleeping on it.

Whats the deal with that ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement