Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

A pox on the house of the cúnt who decided that nachos are a cinema food. "Do you know what the cinema needs? The loudest food ever, but also the food you're most likely to stain and scald yourself with if you spill it in the silent darkened room...my god I've got it!"

I think the smell of nachos in the cinema is fúcking disgusting too, nasty stink from that cheese they use

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Photographers and the stupid poses they put people in - for example if the person they're taking a photo of is a boxer they make them put up their dukes - every single one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    Photographers and the stupid poses they put people in - for example if the person they're taking a photo of is a boxer they make them put up their dukes - every single one!

Best example of this I can remember was the then Minister for Defence at the time, Willie O' Dea, thinking it was a good idea to strike a pose like this -

makemyday.jpg

"Vogue" indeed... Photographer must have been pissing himself laughing afterwards! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

They said I bullied her and belittled her in front of coworkers.

Well thats bull for a start. Bullying must be repeated inappropriate behaviour designed to belittle. Even if it was (which I dont believe), it was still a once off so they have no grounds for a bullying claim.

Perhaps not trivial but my OH left this morning to travel thousands of miles away to be with her family for Christmas. Happy that she gets to spend time with them but so sad now! Trivial sadness, yes thats it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Perhaps not trivial but my OH left this morning to travel thousands of miles away to be with her family for Christmas. Happy that she gets to spend time with them but so sad now! Trivial sadness, yes thats it :P

Awwwwwww.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Oh but he had a far more beautiful mind than most. The people that spell college wrong tend to be the folks that think community college is a real college and get really up their own arse like they way Trinity students go on.

Or people that are doing hospitality/beauty therapy courses.

A lot of them are complete tools!

That really covers a lot....

I think you need to read your own quotes in detail.

As a matter of interest, what are/do you do, quantum physics perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I'll be leaving the missus behind too to go home to the auld sod. Not the best time but that's how things pan out sometimes.
    Don't tell the missus it's trivial sadness by the way!

Funny, I always that you were a woman!

gramar wrote: »
    I'll be leaving the missus behind too to go home to the auld sod. Not the best time but that's how things pan out sometimes.
    Don't tell the missus it's trivial sadness by the way!

Funny, I always that you were a woman!

Me too, and I was about to say the same, but then I though maybe (s)he is a woman who's OH is also a woman....

So, Oldie, which is it, or are you just going to avoid the question like eisenberg always does? :D

Me too, and I was about to say the same, but then I though maybe (s)he is a woman who's OH is also a woman....

So, Oldie, which is it, or are you just going to avoid the question like eisenberg always does? :D

Me man......ug ug ug :D

• Advertisement

Group hug time:D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Me man......ug ug ug :D

Yes, I think I'd actually worked that one out you ambiguous motherf*cker you :pac:

There's far too much fluffiness and the like in here now. Come on now lets pull ourselves together before we start pillow fighting and plaiting each others hair :D Yes, I'm a woman and my OH is a woman.

Yes, I think I'd actually worked that one out you ambiguous motherf*cker you :pac:

You should see my husband:D

Oh err, goddamm annoying thing just annoyed the f*ck out of me etc., etc. :D

Mens underwear, that have things like "Authentic" or "Genuine"written on, WTF is that all about? Authentic what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Renault window motors..... Bin bag and sileage tape please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Mens underwear, that have things like "Authentic" or "Genuine"written on, WTF is that all about? Authentic what exactly?
    I got a pair of "genuine " Clavin Kline underpants on Moore street the other day

Oops69 wrote: »
    I got a pair of "genuine " Clavin Kline underpants on Moore street the other day

:D You can wear then under your Timmy Hilfinger Jeans with Dick Marten boots

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

What about those rotten velour tracksuits worn by chavs with "Juicy" written on the arse?
    "Juicy?"

No.

• Advertisement

Patronising people -

"You're a star hun", "Thanks babe", etc...

I just about managed to avoid a "high five" earlier! Tbh I was cringing so much I didn't notice that's what she was going for! Awkward :o

I think I preferred it when she was more like this -

This thread DID remind me though of an incident in work last week when my boss had me up in the office. The conversation went something like-

"Now <Czarcasm>, in a meeting yesterday you mentioned you'd a pain in a certain part of the male anatomy"...

She could see I wasn't sure what she was referring to, so she continued-

"You're working in an all female environment, and you made reference to a certain part of the male anatomy when talking about the filing system we use here"...

Then it clicked! She was referring to the fact that at a meeting the previous day, the exact phrase I used was-

"I have a pain in my balls with all this paperwork!". I mean, yes, it really IS a pain in the balls, made worse yesterday then when she pointed out that I hadn't filled out a petty cash voucher for a pint of milk-

"Balls! Oh, oh shìt, sorry, sorry!"

Fcuking disaster!

Salty if you're looking for alternative employment I can see a position opening shortly! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

They always have a few random words that look good and don't mean anything that they throw on labels. Used to work in a bakery that had a big sign outside saying "Traditional Baking Guaranteed!" :confused: Those mid-sized industrial kitchens and trained bakers, they really get the scones the way mammy used to make them?

Best I ever saw was in Cork city, pre-made sandwiches and rolls in a corner shop with labels saying "Cork Fresher Naturally"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

3 have been calling me almost daily for the past few weeks offering me the same offer that I keep refusing. Finaly got my name off their list, I hope.

On the topic of signitures. The estate agent I rent from has a signature that is 39 lines long. Its a scavenger hunt to find the message.. My tablet adds "Sent from my Asus pad" at the end of every email. I really dont want to be sending that on my emails as everyone will be thinking Im some douche trying to tell everyone what gadget I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

The ratio of neck size to chest size on mens dress shirts. Just cause i have a fat neck doesn't mean i have a fat chest, when i get a comfortable neck size the chest size is proportionately way out for me, like a tent on me.

xabi wrote: »
    The ratio of neck size to chest size on mens dress shirts. Just cause i have a fat neck doesn't mean i have a fat chest, when i get a comfortable neck size the chest size is proportionately way out for me, like a tent on me.

Yep. Ridiculous. Thankfully I don't wear a tie very often at all, so I tend to buy a neck size that's too small for me in order to actually fit into the rest of the shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Since I was a teenager I have avoided t-shirts and sweatshirts with any obvious logos or silly messages like State University blah blah. It can be difficult to get clothes sometimes without all of that shite.

I used to work in a company that made teenage/young adults fashion and there were a few t-shirt designers that just came up with that type of rubbish all day long. Either it means something to you or wear a plain colour. No bullshit.

People who walk with a dog on a piece of string/rope. Seriously in this day and age, its not like you have to make a major investment for a sharkskin lead with diamond studded collar, you can pick up cheap ( but fine ) nylon leads anywhere, even the discount stores sell them for a couple of euro. Is it some sort of statement maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

May not actually be that trivial but when the bird you are minding for your neighbour on hols goes and feckin dies on ya :O. I fed and watered him I swear!

They always have a few random words that look good and don't mean anything that they throw on labels. Used to work in a bakery that had a big sign outside saying "Traditional Baking Guaranteed!" :confused: Those mid-sized industrial kitchens and trained bakers, they really get the scones the way mammy used to make them?

Best I ever saw was in Cork city, pre-made sandwiches and rolls in a corner shop with labels saying "Cork Fresher Naturally"

Rachel Allen "Signature Sandwiches"...

I'll have one without the signature if that's what you're charging the extra for above a normal sandwich!

• Advertisement

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Rachel Allen "Signature Sandwiches"...

I'll have one without the signature if that's what you're charging the extra for above a normal sandwich!

Maybe they have extra basher or something?:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement