Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Mariasofia wrote: »
    May not actually be that trivial but when the bird you are minding for your neighbour on hols goes and feckin dies on ya :O. I fed and watered him I swear!

About a week after I moved into my current home, the crazy b*tch next door knocked in to ask if I would mind her kids' goldfish while they were away, I reluctantly agreed, then she asked if I wanted a key to her house or to bring the fish into mine.....eeeeeh, I think I'll just take the fish thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

About a week after I moved into my current home, the crazy b*tch next door knocked in to ask if I would mind her kids' goldfish while they were away, I reluctantly agreed, then she asked if I wanted a key to her house or to bring the fish into mine.....eeeeeh, I think I'll just take the fish thanks.

When my parents were away a while back, I had the lovely task of minding all their animals, plants, fish and their 34 year old man-boy son and what happened? The fish fuucking upped and died! Three beautiful koi that my Dad had nurtured for years. Feckin well floating at the top! B*stards :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Maybe they have extra basher or something?:P

Ha:P I didn't WTF you were about there for a minute.....

Extra awnyan maybe?

When my parents were away a while back, I had the lovely task of minding all their animals, plants, fish and their 34 year old man-boy son and what happened? The fish fuucking upped and died! Three beautiful koi that my Dad had nurtured for years. Feckin well floating at the top! B*stards :mad:

Shiiiiit. I hope you blamed your brother :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Maybe they have extra basher or something?:P

:pac::pac::pac: Nice one, centurion! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

People strolling on the roads in car parks with not a care in the world blocking cars from getting through. There are dedicated walkways in most car parks for pedestrians but if you're gonna walk in my way, kindly quicken the **** up if you're physically able to.

Shiiiiit. I hope you blamed your brother :pac:

I should have....you know those fish that your man-son was minding??? :pac:

I went for the rollercoaster approach in the end. You know the one where you cause a massive shift in their perspective and then present them with a scenario that they will, in accordance with their new perspective, be better able to deal with?

So...

Me: Um.....I have some bad news...something terrible happened while you were away and I didnt know how to tell you...
    Parent: (panic levels soar and they silently pray that nobody is dead and the house is still standing and you didnt crash the car or get impregnated with the PP's baby etc and swear that they can deal with anything ANYTHING else!)
    Me: Dad's koi died.
    Parent: Is that all?

:D

jimgoose wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac: Nice one, centurion! :D

Although I think I can do without hers.....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

My Father's constant talking and questioning. I actually can't put up with it anymore.

It's raining
    It's nice out
    What's on?
    What time are you off at tomorrow?
    What time are you in at tomorrow?
    I'm just going to get a glass of water.
    I'm in work tomorrow
    Going to get a biscuit.
    I'm tired
    I'm hungry.

Every single day!

I DON'T GIVE A FUCK, SHUT UP!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

People on escalators!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

My Father's constant talking and questioning. I actually can't put up with it anymore.

It's raining
    It's nice out
    What's on?
    I'm in work tomorrow
    Going to get a biscuit.
    I'm tired
    I'm hungry.

Every single day!

I think you need to move out.

Drives me berserk that no matter what umbrella I use (regardless of quality) I get about two uses out of it as it invariably ends up turning itself inside out and breaking just when I need it most :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Merkin wrote: »

Drives me berserk that no matter what umbrella I use (regardless of quality) I get about two uses out of it as it invariably ends up turning itself inside out and breaking just when I need it most :mad:

I had the best umbrella EVER that I got in germany months ago and it lasted forever and had a button to press to open it up.
    Lost it after my last trip... to germany :mad::(

Merkin wrote: »

Yeah I'll just pick an apartment off the apartment tree and live in that :L

It's raining
    It's nice out
    What's on?
    I'm in work tomorrow
    Going to get a biscuit.
    I'm tired
    I'm hungry.

Every single day!

Ah your poor Dad dont be like that. Someday you'll be happy to hear him saying some of these.

(gets coat :D)

Ah your poor Dad dont be like that. Someday you'll be happy to hear him saying some of these.

(gets coat :D)

No, I won't :L I really really won't.

Even worse, someday you'll turn into him and say all this crap yourself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

4FM your official christmas station - WTF is that supposed to mean? wánkers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    4FM your official christmas station - WTF is that supposed to mean? wánkers!

I'll take a wild guess and say it means it's your official radio station for Christmas stuff.

Even though there's probably 10 others saying the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

People who pronounce the word 'rugby' as 'rubby'.

People who purposely spell famous peoples names in order to look cool. In a thread about Justin Bieber you'll notice it.

• Advertisement

It's raining
    It's nice out
    What's on?
    I'm in work tomorrow
    Going to get a biscuit.
    I'm tired
    I'm hungry.

Every single day!

I would say he has been programmed by you, he is just repeating **** he has listened to from you as child for years:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    The way my mam notices immediately upon walking into a room if she sees something that she hadn't noticed before, or something that shouldn't be there. Its so annoying!

Today alone she walked into the living room while my sister and I were watching telly, picked up a bottle of water from the fireplace and asked "Who owns this?". I told her it was mine, she said okay, put it back, and just walked out again :confused:

Just a few minutes ago she came into the kitchen, pointed at a jumper on one of the chairs and asked who owned it. It was belonging to a friend of my brother's. She said grand and went about her business.

Its like she has to know who owns everything and who put what thing where. Its not even because of neatness, its just nosiness! If none of us knows who put the bag/shoe/book whatever in that place, she'll go around the house asking who owns it or who put it there until she figures it out. Its so so irritating.

Sometimes when she asks me something as mundane as "who owns that book" I feel like saying who gives a shít!! It doesn't matter who owns it or put it there.

/Rant.

I love her to bits, but thank God I don't live at home any more :o

Every time she asks 'who owns this', just say 'It's yours. mam. You left it there earlier. Don't you remember'.

Even worse, someday you'll turn into him and say all this crap yourself :pac:

also:D

"There is FA on the telly"
    "get down yer own end and play"
    "Those kids are not even from around here"
    "If that ball hits my car again"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    :D You can wear then under your Timmy Hilfinger Jeans with Dick Marten boots

Lol, Clavin Kline????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

A family member, friend or the other half and they read out the fookin credits after a filum is over. Stop fookin reading them, I don't want to know what a Gaffer does, or what a Best Boy does and I couldn't care less what a Focus Puller does :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

A family member, friend or the other half and they read out the fookin credits after a filum is over. Stop fookin reading them, I don't want to know what a Gaffer does, or what a Best Boy does and I couldn't care less what a Focus Puller does :eek:

That;s not fair those people work very hard on those films. And of course, it involves one of the most difficult jobs in the world-acting.

HR woman came to help me pack my things to move to the new dept today. The sour faced looks on all of their faces having been accused of sexism towards a man. It actually made me want to grab my crotch on the way out and shout "Suck my d*ck you man hating b*tches". But alas, I maintained the moral high ground and said "goodbye". :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

May not actually be that trivial but when the bird you are minding for your neighbour on hols goes and feckin dies on ya :O. I fed and watered him I swear!
    Whatever, bird murderer!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

That;s not fair those people work very hard on those films. And of course, it involves one of the most difficult jobs in the world-acting.

HR woman came to help me pack my things to move to the new dept today. The sour faced looks on all of their faces having been accused of sexism towards a man. It actually made me want to grab my crotch on the way out and shout "Suck my d*ck you man hating b*tches". But alas, I maintained the moral high ground and said "goodbye". :rolleyes:
    They sound like a nasty bunch of bit*ches. If HR has any sense they'll be given official warnings and seperated into different departments. Left to their own devices they'll just hassle the next man that works in the department. The company is wide open to civil action on this one, if the next man they harass decides to sue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

we're babysitting my sister's boyfriend's birds while he's home in the states over christmas. Feeding and watering is the least of my worries seeing as we have three cats around the house :eek: I've a terrible feeling they won't last the 2 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

:D reminds me of this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement