Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Oops69 wrote: »
    Whatever, bird murderer!:D

The fecker just started kinda twitching and then kind of fell off perch. Fcuks sake.....never again. I suppose I should have warned them that my dad wont even give me plants to mind when hes on hols :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

:mad::mad::mad:
    Renault f*cking door cards!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Mariasofia wrote: »
    The fecker just started kinda twitching and then kind of fell off perch. Fcuks sake.....never again. I suppose I should have warned them that my dad wont even give me plants to mind when hes on hols :-D
    Just a helpful hint for the next time : Jack Daniels might be ok for you but when you put it in bird- feeders the critters do tend to get kinda twitchy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

It was raining yesterday evening. I didn't have (nor do I have an umbrella for that matter) so like many umbrellaless citizens I walk close to to buildings to get some protection but get annoyed by people with umbrellas who do the same! Fcuk off into the middle of the footpath you have umbrellas for fcuk sake. What more do they want.

The other thing that annoyed me when was when I could walk close to the buildings getting hit by those big drops that build up and then jump off ledges and window sills right onto your head. 'SPLOSH'.

You can't have you cake and eat it too I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

:mad::mad::mad:
    Renault f*cking door cards!!!

I feel your pain, their a stupid concept.
    I had to get one in a hurry for the OH a few years ago because she made sh1te of the only one she had.
    Cost me 250euro at a renault dealer. Then my smartarse freind told me about a crowd that could have fixed it for 80!!!
    A month later the gearbox went!
    It hasn't been driven since and is still out the back of my house gathering moss :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Captain Farrell

Rugby Union. A borefest of kick and clap to see who has the best kicker played by unfit posh boys. Even Jeremy Guscott admits League is superior.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/25124313

Which code has better ball-handling?

JD: The handling skills in league are higher generally. If you look at the top sides like Australia and New Zealand, if they create an overlap, the chances are they will score. They don't throw miss-passes for the sake of it and their short passing and angles of running are better.
    JG: The passing skills in all positions in league are far superior to those in union.
    The best sides in league are very clinical - when the opportunity arises the skills allow for good accuracy and execution. Union could definitely learn from having those skill sets.
    I would say also league has looked at the off-load game of union and used that more than they used to.
    When Henry Paul and Jason Robinson [former Wigan rugby league players turned England union internationals] pitched up at Bath many years ago, their broken-field running and attacking was like nothing I'd ever seen before in union.

How anyone can sit through 80 minutes(where the ball is only in play for 17 on average) of this dull game I just do not know.

Kick,
    clap,
    lineout
    scrum
    reset scrum
    reset scrum
    penalty
    kick,
    clap.

All the action in rugby union neatly summed up.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Those sight loss ads on the radio voiced by that King of the GAA fella.
    "Ka-lows ha-your highs"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Rugby Union. A borefest of kick and clap to see who has the best kicker played by unfit posh boys. Even Jeremy Guscott admits League is superior.

How anyone can sit through 80 minutes(where the ball is only in play for 17 on average) of this dull game I just do not know.

Kick,
    clap,
    lineout
    scrum
    reset scrum
    reset scrum
    penalty
    kick,
    clap.

I think we can all agree that rugby is a bit **it, in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Toilet attendants

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

HR woman came to help me pack my things to move to the new dept today. The sour faced looks on all of their faces having been accused of sexism towards a man. It actually made me want to grab my crotch on the way out and shout "Suck my d*ck you man hating b*tches". But alas, I maintained the moral high ground and said "goodbye". :rolleyes:

Excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

You know those little orange slots on luas vending machines that you put your card into when you're topping it up? It really annoys me when people put used tickets into those. Every single one will have one! :( (trivial in that I dont actually use them so I dont need to remove them (that would be an epic annoyance) but just seeing them from the window when the tram pulls into a station) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Only realising that the conditioner you bought is actually a 2 in 1 when you feel the second lot of suds.
    Leaving the pizza in the oven just that little bit too long, making the difference between a pizza and I pizza flavoured biscuit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

No, I won't :L I really really won't.

Well, some day you'll wish you could hear him saying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

As opposed to what? Soccer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

deise08 wrote: »
    Only realising that the conditioner you bought is actually a 2 in 1 when you feel the second lot of suds.
    :(

What you talkin' 'bout Willis?

People going out of their way to infect me with the cold/flu virus. What is it about this time of year? I fuucking always get sick at at Christmas and for once, I'd live to be phlegm-free on Christmas morning. Is it too much to fuucking ask? The worst was this morning where someone actually told me they were sick and I (half joking whole in earnestly) said, "stay away from me I dont want to catch it" and what does the gimp do twenty minutes later? Comes over and starts barking in front of me again! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Snow that turns to slush on Christmas Eve and you still have presents to buy.....b@$tard! Why can't it turn to slush on December 26th, oh that's right, all the sales are on, we can't have slush that day, double humbug.

gramar wrote: »
    Fcuk off into the middle of the footpath you have umbrellas for fcuk sake.

People using umbrellas on crowded streets. Yeah, sure, you're lovely and dry, but everyone else has to dodge around you lest they get their eyes poked out, and you're siphoning all the rain into a lovely waterfall that will hit anyone who gets near you. And don't even start me on oulfellas with golf umbrellas on a crowded city street.

I bring a raincoat out with me, because I'm not a knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People going out of their way to infect me with the cold/flu virus. What is it about this time of year? I fuucking always get sick at at Christmas and for once, I'd live to be phlegm-free on Christmas morning. Is it too much to fuucking ask? The worst was this morning where someone actually told me they were sick and I (half joking whole in earnestly) said, "stay away from me I dont want to catch it" and what does the gimp do twenty minutes later? Comes over and starts barking in front of me again! :mad:

Go and get a flu jab ;)

Go and get a flu jab ;)

I did, it never seems to make a difference!

• Advertisement

People using umbrellas on crowded streets. Yeah, sure, you're lovely and dry, but everyone else has to dodge around you lest they get their eyes poked out, and you're siphoning all the rain into a lovely waterfall that will hit anyone who gets near you. And don't even start me on oulfellas with golf umbrellas on a crowded city street.

I bring a raincoat out with me, because I'm not a knob.

Anyone remember those kids ones from the 80's that had a plastic fish in the pocket?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Kick,
    clap,
    lineout
    scrum
    reset scrum
    reset scrum
    penalty
    kick,
    clap.

.....right here: :)

Some awful buildup play which no doubt put everyone to sleep and an equally boring last minute try away from home to win the game by a point. Send me to the loony bin please :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I did, it never seems to make a difference!

I'm allergic to it.... if I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

People without babies/children who park in Parent & Child parking bays :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Oh for fock's sake, it's loike, Skobie O'Gill and the Lidl People...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

My Father's constant talking and questioning. I actually can't put up with it anymore.

It's raining
    It's nice out
    What's on?
    What time are you off at tomorrow?
    What time are you in at tomorrow?
    I'm just going to get a glass of water.
    I'm in work tomorrow
    Going to get a biscuit.
    I'm tired
    I'm hungry.

Every single day!

I DON'T GIVE A FUCK, SHUT UP!!!

Are you my sister??? :eek:

My father narrates everything he does.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

first panic attack in many months last night, doubt I got more than 20 minutes uninterrupted sleep all night because of them. now i'm sore, tired, itchy and high strung and will likely remain so for a few days possibly even weeks depending on whether I bring any more on myself

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

LordSutch wrote: »
    People without babies/children who park in Parent & Children parking bays :mad:

Parent and child parking bays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People saying things like..

"ah the Christmas is gone, its not the same anymore" and "the kids get way too much now, in my day blah fruckin blah"

"did you get a real tree?"

"imagine being in Australia for Xmas, it must be terrible to have your dinner on a beach"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

vitani wrote: »
    Are you my sister??? :eek:

My father narrates everything he does.

Well, I'd be your brother if anything :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement