Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Christmas shopping:mad: I get so hacked off with it I want to scream. Why oh why can people not tell their left from their right? Just pick a fricking direction and stick with it, it's very simple, but oh no, they have to bump into you or cut across you. I have NO seasonal goodwill left now, NONE. I've got a hospital appointment tomorrow afternoon so I'm gonna be hitting the city centre at peak shopping time too:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

People who use there cards to pay for everything. I meet up with a few friends for lunch every once in a while. The place we go is a bit out of town so we carpool there. 3 of us always bring cash as the place is always busy at the end of lunch and you have to wait ages to pay using your card.

The other one always pays with her card which delays the whole lot of us leaving. The killing thing is she works right next to the Bank so could easily get to the atm.

When we asked her why she wouldn't pay by cash in this place she tells us beacuse she would order more if she paid by cash???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Car drivers not using there indicators....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

realies wrote: »
    Car drivers not using there indicators....

...or mirrors..or common sense......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

loose shopping trolleys in car parks

is it too much to ask people to return them to the trolley bay???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Just tried to open a package of biscuits... Why do manufacturers make it so hard to open them....

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

People getting free smoke breaks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 one shot bang bang

Any cleaning product add that uses the word technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

People who squeeze from the top of the tube instead of the bottom :mad:

Thankfully most toothpastes are now plastic tubes, but with metal tubes (medical ointments, tomato/garlic paste etc) when you squeeze from the top, often the wear and tear causes the tube to bend and split open at the sides.

I'd go as far as to distance myself from anyone who reasoned that they 'only wanted a little bit, so squeezed from the top'.
    Inconsiderate illogical wasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

MUST be awful working, in a shop, they play the same xmas songs every year.from december the 1st.

SOME people who leave the xmas shopping til dec 23,rd , 24th ,
    do they never learn?
    CAN you not do shopping in the first week of december.

I go to different shops,
    some coats, xl, xxl are the same size ,
    cant they work out a system.
    AN xl coat, jumper in shop a, is xxl in shop b.

I wonder do people in offices non smokers, get annoyed ,
    at people who get smoking breaks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I was really annoyed with someone earlier on this year and rather than lose my temper and post something juvenile and nasty on Facebook I chose to unfriend them. They in turn blocked me from seeing their page, I know all very childish, on both sides. In my defence I was really pis$ed off and I didn't want her kids reading some nasty comment if I posted one.

So anyway, this evening her teenage daughter arrived with a Christmas card from her with one of those long rambling round robin things and saying she'll call up to us over Christmas. Dafuq, we haven't spoken to each other for months and her teenagers blank me:confused: Ain't no way in Hell I'm opening the door to her. I binned the card as well.

Also people who use the term 'The Christmas'. It's Christmas, just Christmas, there's no 'the' in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

Homeless twat outside Grogans telling me "ya cant be mean at christmas" when I would'nt give him some money.... OHH YES I CAN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Jeans with buttons instead of a zip. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

That Tesco Christmas ad :confused: ffs.

Is that Rod Stewart screeching in it? :confused:

It's soooooo British :L

It's the sappiest muck ever

I hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

People struggling to carry their toddler or baby with one arm,while pushing the buggy with the other.

Doesn't make any sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

People who talk in the cinema. May you die screaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

People who talk in the cinema. May you die screaming.

That and the fcyker next to me last wk with a slush puppy who wouldnt accept that it was gone and kept slurping the ice for an hr! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Those stupid reindeer antler yokes stuck on car doors.

Oh, and all those freaking ads going on about "gifts". Gifts me h*le, they're PRESENTS!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Logie-1

People(perhaps is should say men) who spit their chewing gum into the urinal, do they not think of the poor fecker who has to pick it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

2 mornings now I've had this car in front of me with its brake lights stuck on. There has been a gap of a month between both times so I tried to tell him. Meh, my failed good deed for the day! Cant fathom how someone can go a month with brake lights glued on but I tried. Still slightly annoying me but.. *shrugs*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

People struggling to carry their toddler or baby with one arm,while pushing the buggy with the other.

Doesn't make any sense.

You could be talking about me - my kid sometimes refuses to sit in the buggy so I carry her. But then she changes her mind (or my powers of persuasion work!) and the buggy is her best buddy again.

It's annoying for me too, but it gives me killer arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,988 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Sign: This Door Is Alarmed.

How do you alarm a door? Flash it? Threaten its hinges?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

bnt wrote: »
    Sign: This Door Is Alarmed.

How do you alarm a door? Flash it? Threaten its hinges?

Pull its knob!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

...and people are still coughing and spewing. One guy just wiped his nose with his hand and then opened a door.

Note to self, only touch said door with elbows for the rest of the day..

...its ok they already think I'm weird :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Had a great plan to hit Marks and Spencer after work to buy Mammy's presents. That's the end of it now and I want to avoid town for the entire weekend. I'm so siiiiiick of people bumping and bashing and their rudeness and queues and germs everywhere - moving stairs, door handles, pin pads....and then....I open the metro and see that marks will have 30% off all clothes....to-fuucking-morrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

ollaetta wrote: »
    Those stupid reindeer antler yokes stuck on car doors.

Oh, and all those freaking ads going on about "gifts". Gifts me h*le, they're PRESENTS!! :mad:

Merry Christmas, you miserable git. :p

One of the girls on the office has just spent about 15 minutes talking to her
    husband about the mobile contract and how they were going to change provider etc.

She has a fairly loud voice so we were left with no doubt as to the most minute details of the call. Then she hangs up and says 'I was just talking to the husband about changing mobile provider'. No shít.

Now she's telling us all the details of the call. She's still at it as I write.
    Company christmas party today. I'll be making sure I'll be seated far away.

gramar wrote: »
    One of the girls on the office has just spent about 15 minutes talking to her
    husband about the mobile contract and how they were going to change provider etc.

She has a fairly loud voice so we were left with no doubt as to the most minute details of the call. Then she hangs up and says 'I was just talking to the husband about changing mobile provider'. No shít.

Now she's telling us all the details of the call. She's still at it as I write.
    Company christmas party today. I'll be making sure I'll be seated far away.

She's still at it. Merciful jesus.
    I'd love to tell her to shut the fúck up but it just wouldn't be worth it. Or would it.
    Still at it......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

gramar wrote: »
    She's still at it. Merciful jesus.
    I'd love to tell her to shut the fúck up but it just wouldn't be worth it. Or would it.
    Still at it......
    Just relay the story to her before she can tell it since you heard it already, and watch her skull implode with rage. :D

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    Just relay the story to her before she can tell it since you heard it already, and watch her skull implode with rage. :D

I'll remember that for next time as there will be a next time.
    We get a what I would call a daily running commentary on every detail of her life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement