Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Asshats on airplanes that put the seat back a nano second after takeoff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Online sites that won't accept laser cards! Most annoying thing when I don't have a credit card and my O2 card is empty. Why not just take it ffs?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

What are Zombie Shakespeare, Zombie Einstein and Zombie George Washington even doing in Springfield Elementary?

I can't help but entertain this thought every time I watch it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Having to go out and "move the cars". Picture the scene. 2 cars in a driveway. Car A is jammed up against the garage door and needs to get out onto the road but is block by car B. So I have to reverse car B out onto the road, then reverse car A out onto road, then put car B back in the driveway.

Ugh, such a waste of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

razorgil wrote: »
    people who allow their dogs to crap all over the footpath, then stroll off without a second thought for the man following with a buggy, who doesn't see the mess, and trods straight into it and through it....

Men pushing buggies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ado100

Burnt matches that are put back in the match box.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

People who think breaking minor laws is OK

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

People mixing up then and than - this isn't a difficult one to get wrong and yet so many people do it - I wonder if they are doing it on purpose to annoy me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

The person in front of you in a shop queue - who looks totally bewildered when the cashier asks for payment - and then starts searching for purse and takes an age to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

1ZRed wrote: »
    Online sites that won't accept laser cards! Most annoying thing when I don't have a credit card and my O2 card is empty. Why not just take it ffs?!

Change to a bank with Visa Debit cards. Laser has always been a piece of sh*t system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

deelite wrote: »
    The person in front of you in a shop queue - who looks totally bewildered when the cashier asks for payment - and then starts searching for purse and takes an age to find it.

its been done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

its been done

Couldn't read all the previous posts :D - has that been done too????

When people laugh after saying something that is funny (or meant to be funny) - it's that sort of nervous laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

Students throwing eggs at Enda Kenny and missing him. Practice man practice have they learned anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

When people think that just because they have their hazard lights on they can pull in wherever they want. Have come across two cars in the last few days that had pulled in to take phone calls in a genuinely dangerous spot (just after a bend or corner). It's just stupidity. Taxis doing it drives me mad but at least they have a little bit more of an excuse.

deelite wrote: »
    Couldn't read all the previous posts :D - has that been done too????

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    When people think that just because they have their hazard lights on they can pull in wherever they want. Have come across two cars in the last few days that had pulled in to take phone calls in a genuinely dangerous spot (just after a bend or corner). It's just stupidity. Taxis doing it drives me mad but at least they have a little bit more of an excuse.

They do?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Ok, you might this a little strange, but it irks me when I'm queuing (doesn't matter for what, but especially in airports) and I can see the person behind me edging out as though they are going to skip the queue at the first sign of any movement in the queue. I feel like saying, stay in line dude or we WILL tangle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

but incredibly, they also leave their cars running, just get into the car, drive it around the corner, go back into the shop and ask ..."jesus i hope none of ye own that rover that was just nicked ".......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Irish people who support English clubs yet they hate the English :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

People that can't just say bye once when they are hanging up on the phone.
    my friend does that- UGH!.
    Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Having to go out and "move the cars". Picture the scene. 2 cars in a driveway. Car A is jammed up against the garage door and needs to get out onto the road but is block by car B. So I have to reverse car B out onto the road, then reverse car A out onto road, then put car B back in the driveway.

Ugh, such a waste of my life.
    CANT U JUST USE CAR B ?
    ado100 wrote: »
    Burnt matches that are put back in the match box.

Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ok, you might this a little strange, but it irks me when I'm queuing (doesn't matter for what, but especially in airports) and I can see the person behind me edging out as though they are going to skip the queue at the first sign of any movement in the queue. I feel like saying, stay in line dude or we WILL tangle!

Worse- people who stand in front of you- then stay in the same spot when the queue moves on. I was in a train station last month and this woman with a buggy was too busy texting to cup the queue had moved on and she was next, and even though man called next she was too busy with her phone, so i walked ahead of her.She spotted that though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Fozzydog3 wrote: »

when ponytails sway in sync with the person's stride

Actually, I think that is rather cool, to the point of being a little bit of a turn on:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

People who put their feet on seats on public transport!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

When you accidentally get toothpaste with a screw-cap rather than a flip-cap.

Festy wrote: »

Irish people who support Celtic because of their Catholic origins and a protestant in origin club like Liverpool because they were successful in the 80s, I know Celtic sang you never walk alone in honour of the Hilsborough disaster, just dont like the hypocrisy of these people claiming that Rangers are protestant c'#ts and up Celtic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Senna wrote: »
    On my daily drive to work my favourite radio station cuts in and out at the same point in the road, only does it for 10 seconds till i get past a hill. Really trivial, but bugs me every day.

I drive over Ballnascorney every morning and at the same point on the road newstalk gets cut out for some dance station for only a few seconds. Drives me mental!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Festy wrote: »
    Irish people who refer to the English club they support as 'we'.

smash wrote: »

I do that, I have supported Man Utd since I was 5, I am a member of the supporters club, I go over every year so I feel entitled to say we.

Feel the same way with Munster and Limerick GAA and Soccer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

People using butter in a tub, but they dont take the foil completely off, they just fold it back to get at the butter.

Basins in sinks. What's the point?

Hot and cold taps. Hot water is scalding hot, cold water is ice cold. If only there was some strange tap that could share the same spout so the water mixes to a usable temperature

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

smash wrote: »

What about those that do it with German, Spanish, Italian etc... Are they in the same boat or is it of particular grief if it's an English club?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement