Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

gramar wrote: »
    One of the girls on the office has just spent about 15 minutes talking to her
    husband about the mobile contract and how they were going to change provider etc.

She has a fairly loud voice so we were left with no doubt as to the most minute details of the call. Then she hangs up and says 'I was just talking to the husband about changing mobile provider'. No shít.

Now she's telling us all the details of the call. She's still at it as I write.
    Company christmas party today. I'll be making sure I'll be seated far away.

lol :D

ollaetta wrote: »
    Those stupid reindeer antler yokes stuck on car doors.

Oh, and all those freaking ads going on about "gifts". Gifts me h*le, they're PRESENTS!! :mad:

Oh yeah and "gift one to a friend" - when did gift become a fuucking verb?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭veryangryman

The last week or so of work before the holidays. Things pretty dead (and tbh boring). Just wanting to gtfo and head home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭newport2

Taxi drivers who leave their light on when they already have a passenger. Standing there in the cold and rain and I'm thinking "finally, a taxi!" only for the p%^&k to zip straight past with 3 people in the back

People who whistle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

The last week or so of work before the holidays. Things pretty dead (and tbh boring). Just wanting to gtfo and head home.

Are you being forced to work? Could you not take annual leave? Are you being paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

People putting bags down on the seat beside them on the bus or train. The seat's for a human. Not your poxy bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The weird bus etiquette in this country. I don't care who has been queuing the longest. Once the bus is coming get in line and get on when the door opens, I will. I'm not standing in the cold/wind/pi$$ing rain waiting for you to get your ass in gear. So glare at me all you like, by the time people finish piddling about with the whole 'after you, you were first, no you go ahead' thing, everyone would already be seated and the bus would be moving. W@nkers.

Gotta take 4 buses this afternoon to get to and from a hospital appointment. After that I get to experience the joy of going to the supermarket and buying/fighting for a turkey crown on one of the busiest shopping evenings of the year. I may need a very big drink tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I have a pain in my nuts and I am freezing, think I got man flu

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

American shop etiquette. Having recently done some shopping in NYC, I was left very annoyed by their false, overbearing attitude towards customers almost the second you walk in the door: You merely look at a shelf and you sense from the corner of your eye the shop assistant honing in on you with a very false and intrusive "Afternoon there sir, may I help you with anything?", so I politely say no thanks and continue to browse. 10 seconds later said assistant stands next to you and reels off some garbage like "Did you know today T-shirts are 30% off and also if you spend over 100 dollars you get a free voucher for your next visit"...at which point im so frustrated that I pretend to browse for a minute then head the hell out of there.

But not before I get the token "Thanks for coming have a nice day", yeah right as if you give a fcuk about my day. Then if i do decide to buy something Im bombarded with crap like "Would you like super user card, would you like to donate a dollar to our fallen marines, whats your email address so we can send you special offers?". Jesus H Christ, I only came in to browse for a nice t-shirt in peace and now I have to either leave or vow never to return because of the overwhelming intrusive nature of their customer service. Now Im not really having a go at the assistants, they are just doing their job as told from above, its the attitude of "blind them with false love from the start in an attempt to empty their pockets" that actually puts me off shopping there...at least in Ireland most shop assistants can get the hint and leave you in peace to browse...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Sweet jebus I just heard someone say "Ill see you back here about ten a past two" !
    Want to scream it is never ten a past anything!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mariasofia wrote: »
    Sweet jebus I just heard someone say "Ill see you back here about ten a past two" !
    Want to scream it is never ten a past anything!!!! :(

Maybe they were a Italian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Maybe they were a Italian.

Nooo it was said in the flattest Cork accent ever!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Delivery drivers who don't close the gate. If you had to open it to walk through then you should also close it on the way back out.

American shop etiquette. Having recently done some shopping in NYC, I was left very annoyed by their false, overbearing attitude towards customers almost the second you walk in the door: You merely look at a shelf and you sense from the corner of your eye the shop assistant honing in on you with a very false and intrusive "Afternoon there sir, may I help you with anything?", so I politely say no thanks and continue to browse. 10 seconds later said assistant stands next to you and reels off some garbage like "Did you know today T-shirts are 30% off and also if you spend over 100 dollars you get a free voucher for your next visit"...at which point im so frustrated that I pretend to browse for a minute then head the hell out of there.

But not before I get the token "Thanks for coming have a nice day", yeah right as if you give a fcuk about my day. Then if i do decide to buy something Im bombarded with crap like "Would you like super user card, would you like to donate a dollar to our fallen marines, whats your email address so we can send you special offers?". Jesus H Christ, I only came in to browse for a nice t-shirt in peace and now I have to either leave or vow never to return because of the overwhelming intrusive nature of their customer service. Now Im not really having a go at the assistants, they are just doing their job as told from above, its the attitude of "blind them with false love from the start in an attempt to empty their pockets" that actually puts me off shopping there...at least in Ireland most shop assistants can get the hint and leave you in peace to browse...
    Going for a drink is the worst, can't go 2 minutes before everyone at the table being asked if everything is ok, can they get you something, ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

People who get on buses in the depths of winter and open a load of windows. Like WTF aren't you cold enough already? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Wattle wrote: »
    People who get on buses in the depths of winter and open a load of windows. Like WTF aren't you cold enough already? :mad:

dunno about that dude, I've been on buses where you cant see out cause the windows are so fogged up. i can only imaging the breeding ground that provides for passing along illness. maybe we should start wearing surgical facemasks like the japanese?

A little while ago, I saw a group of maybe twenty 7-8 year old schoolkids, all in Satan hats, singing their little hearts out, so far so good, and then along come the parents, all making more noise than the kids. "Oh hi Mary, all the shopping done?", "Oh Breda, you look lovely" "look what I bought". I gave a bit of a glare ( there was loads of them) and this yolk stares back, face on her like she was bobbing for apples in a deep fat fryer. you would think they could shut the fuuck up for five poxy minutes while the kids sang (crucified) a few carols

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    A little while ago, I saw a group of maybe twenty 7-8 year old schoolkids, all in Satan hats, singing their little hearts out ...
    Hm, Church of Satan Carol singers, I presume?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

You could be talking about me - my kid sometimes refuses to sit in the buggy so I carry her. But then she changes her mind (or my powers of persuasion work!) and the buggy is her best buddy again.

It's annoying for me too, but it gives me killer arms.

I was going to say the same thing, sometimes the baby has a freak out and you have to take them out and carry them like a pack mule to get them to stop.

You know if you left them in there someone would complain about people pushing buggies with a roaring baby and not doing anything about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I always open a window on the bus. Sometimes the smell of people is unbearable and it's nice to have a place where at least a few of other peoples germs can escape. I always sit at the back so the air hits me.

Preusse wrote: »
    Hm, Church of Satan Carol singers, I presume?

The very same, all dressed in black, with black SATAN hats on, collecting money to top up the salaries of CEO's of charities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    A little while ago, I saw a group of maybe twenty 7-8 year old schoolkids, all in Satan hats, singing their little hearts out, so far so good, and then along come the parents, all making more noise than the kids. "Oh hi Mary, all the shopping done?", "Oh Breda, you look lovely" "look what I bought". I gave a bit of a glare ( there was loads of them) and this yolk stares back, face on her like she was bobbing for apples in a deep fat fryer. you would think they could shut the fuuck up for five poxy minutes while the kids sang (crucified) a few carols

Meeoww... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Newsreaders & rent-a-gob contributors constantly referring to Nelson Mandela as Madiba.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Reminds me of my English teacher from secondary school, always had to have the windows of his classroom open during December, January and February. There was always snow and sleet coming in the windows, but we were a hardy bunch.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Newsreaders & rent-a-gob contributors constantly referring to Nelson Mandela as Madiba.

This is humiliating but I will share in the spirirt of AH. The day after he died, I thought the metroherald had made a whopper typo by spelling Mandela as "Madiba" - :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 sport_nut

traffic lights which turn green and then back to red in about fifteen seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I always open a window on the bus. Sometimes the smell of people is unbearable and it's nice to have a place where at least a few of other peoples germs can escape. I always sit at the back so the air hits me.

Yeah I guess and I probably have picked up a few illnesses from being on buses but freezing your nuts off all the way home is no fun. Some people open three windows when one would do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Yeah I guess and I probably have picked up a few illnesses from being on buses but freezing your nuts off all the way home is no fun. Some people open three windows when one would do.

What I hate is when people open the window directly above them. The air doesn't hit you then. It hits the person sitting behind you!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement