Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

What I hate is when people open the window directly above them. The air doesn't hit you then. It hits the person sitting behind you!

Worse still, is during the Summertime when you are travelling from one part of the country to another by bus or coach, and it is very humid. Not one person will get up and open a window. I had a battery operated fan with me thankfully, one year travelling from Galway to Dublin and people were looking at me as if I had just stepped off the fookin mothership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

People who don't give me a gift receipt with a present. How am I supposed to return it for something I actually want if I don't like what they've gotten me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

People who don't give me a gift receipt with a present. How am I supposed to return it for something I actually want if I don't like what they've gotten me?

Getting receipts for some objects I have bought recently makes me laugh or makes me irratated. I bought blu tac recently to stick up decorations and lights around the windows and I thought why do I need a receipt? Is it going to break, is it going to run out before I get everything stuck up, does it need batteries inserted into it and of course you have to use a tiny screwdriver to open the hatch, verrryyyy carefully or it will break and render it useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Parents that say they'll collect their kid at 15.00 hours and arrive to collect them at 16.45

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

People who say "actioned" or "actionable", they're all utter *****.

I can just imagine the inarticulate spanners sitting in remedial English class as the teacher explains that a verb is an action word. Just then what they must believe is the most earth shatteringly intelligent idea that his ever attempted to blossom in that barren shrivelled little organ rattling about between their ears occurs to them, an action word is it, well action is surely the most actioney word there is and so from this moment forth it's the only verb for me.

• Advertisement

The footpath on O'Connell Street in Dublin. How they managed to ensure that any slight rainfall results in 2-3mm of water lying at all times is beyond me. Of course there's also the gullies that run along the middle of the street for no reason, always lovely to avoid someone and walking through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Human's stupidity

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Human's stupidity

A better way to word that would be : The stupidity of humanity :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Anyhow,its a disease with no cure in sight:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Having a few bulmers, the first three go uneventfully, the fourth one promptly showers me in froth upon its opening.. Is there a man in Clonmel with a vendetta against society just shaking the bejesus out of the odd bottle or something!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Posts about buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Sending Christmas cards and not getting any back.

Don't get me wrong, I know some people don't send them; that's fine, but if I go to the effort of sending you a card, at least send me one back, ffs.
    I'm writing a list of people who have sent me cards this year and next year ONLY those people are getting cards from me!

And, yes I realise this is a silly petty thing to get annoyed over, but it does!
    I walked around all the neighbours' houses last week, in the pi**ings of rain to deliver the cards through the letterboxes and I only got two back!

STOP BEING STINGEY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Tk maxx xmas ad. I won't say what it looks like. Stupid disgusting ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Tk maxx xmas ad. I won't say what it looks like. Stupid disgusting ad.

Mini Fran from Love/Hate comes in about 23 seconds.

http://youtu.be/C7AKnm5AYqA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Not waking up with a hard at least three mornings a week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

If I have to listen to Rod Stewart screaming "vaaggaabaaann" one more time I'm gonna smash the fukin TV :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

I drive really slow in the right hand lane and i use public toilets and piss on the seat,
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

jamaamaj wrote: »
    I drive really slow in the right hand lane and i use public toilets and piss on the seat,
    :D

Think this belongs here:)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057108146

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

That Yaya/Kolo Toure chant. SO sick of hearing it every night out now for the past year, usually by drunk freshers who can't handle their drink

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

That dolly mixtures have jellies in them - I want the pure sugar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The stickiness of car carpet and trying to Hoover bits of crap off it for about an hour , ending up with a twisted back and neck , a red head and a nervous breakdown after an hour of frustration!
    Note to self : stop being a stingy bo***x and get a car valet next time !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

This morning, driving along and I see a cyclist approaching from opposite direction, lights on and a hi vis , you could see him from approx. half a KM away, to be commended. However, when I got a bit closer, I notice, cars coming from behind him, having to indicate and drive round him, why? because he is cycling SIX INCHES TO THE RIGHT OF THE RED CYCLING LANE.............WHY???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Arrived home to the RTE guide Miriam O Callaghan and Pat Shortt on the cover again. Fúck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

razorblunt wrote: »
    Arrived home to the RTE guide Miriam O Callaghan and Pat Shortt on the cover again. Fúck off.

why the hell do people still buy it ??

every paper this will have a tv guide for the full period in it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    Not waking up with a hard at least three mornings a week

Do you mean your own? or one that belongs to someone else?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

razorblunt wrote: »
    "Genuinley!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Queue jumping. 2 young Asian girls, aged early to mid 20's, jumped the queue ahead of 2 long lines of shoppers, myself included,today. As I've mentioned in an earlier post I'm all out of goodwill to all men/women, in fact the only Christmas spirit I'm finding this year is at the bottom of a large gin and tonic.

Anyway, I'd had enough of it, the giggling before they did it pushed me over the edge, so I left the trolley, walked up to them, tapped one on the shoulder and said 'Just so you know, there's a very long queue and you should be at the back of it' It's the little things that make you feel happy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

were they hot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Queue jumping. 2 young Asian girls, aged early to mid 20's, jumped the queue ahead of 2 long lines of shoppers, myself included,today. As I've mentioned in an earlier post I'm all out of goodwill to all men/women, in fact the only Christmas spirit I'm finding this year is at the bottom of a large gin and tonic.

Anyway, I'd had enough of it, the giggling before they did it pushed me over the edge, so I left the trolley, walked up to them, tapped one on the shoulder and said 'Just so you know, there's a very long queue and you should be at the back of it' It's the little things that make you feel happy.

Good for you. The thing that annoys me more than people jumping the queue, is people saying nothing to them so they get away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

were they hot?
    I'd have to ask my husband that, he was with me, but I'm in such an ar$ey mood today he'd probably be smart enough not to answer that one:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement