Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

razorblunt wrote: »
    Arrived home to the RTE guide Miriam O Callaghan and Pat Shortt on the cover again. Fúck off.
    I stopped buying it ages ago, same faces over and over again. We get the Radio times now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Crowds in a certain well known toy store. You'd swear they were preparing for some sort of toy armageddon with all the pushing and shoving and generally shìtty behaviour.

"Season of good will" my hole! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I'd have to ask my husband that, he was with me, but I'm in such an ar$ey mood today he'd probably be smart enough not to answer that one:D

That's a yes then:pac:

Would it be too much for AIB if they're charging me €28 in fees per quarter, to send out a bloody text message to all customers to let them know that there is an issue with their systems at the moment and they're working on fixing it as soon as possible! They have most customers mobile numbers on file, and not all of us are on Shìtter (Twitter).

I didn't know what was going on when my wife called me to say that the ATM wouldn't give out money. I shouldn't have had to call AIB 24hr to find out what the story was, they should be making contact directly with their customers as soon as possible rather than have their customers find out when they go to withdraw funds that they can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

People at the self service checkouts who answer their phone and continue to stand and have a whole conversation wit their things scanned. not bothering to finish or move away from the til.

people at the self service who don't even bother to try to scan the items. they just hand everything to the attendant for them to do. monopolising them while everyone else has a problem.

people at the self service who just stop still when they are scanning alcohol rather than continuing wit the bill.

people at the self service who scan something to check the price and then walk off to continue to do their shopping.

people at the self service full stop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

My washing machines takes 8 kilos of laundry.

My tumble dryer only dries 4 kilos of laundry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Do you mean your own? or one that belongs to someone else?:D
    Oi!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Do you mean your own? or one that belongs to someone else?:D

Buuurrrrrrrrrrrrrn :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

People who can't perform simple introductions.

'padd b, this is everybody. Everybody, this is padd b '

Fcuking great!!

So now everyone knows my name and I have to make conversation with a group of people who's names I do not know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I hate when my bread/toast is'nt buttered to the edges.

• Advertisement

aujopimur wrote: »
    I hate when my bread/toast is'nt buttered to the edges.

You don't butter your own bread? Fire those servants, they're clearly not up to the task! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

'Main present' fcuk off you're getting one! Argos used it in their ad this year

A tumble dryer is it, very fancy smancy:D

Dear old man who's change I picked up off the wet ground - when someone gets bumped around and has their fingers stood on while doing you a favour, the least you can do is say thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

padd b1975 wrote: »
    People who can't perform simple introductions.

'padd b, this is everybody. Everybody, this is padd b '

Fcuking great!!

So now everyone knows my name and I have to make conversation with a group of people who's names I do not know.

Or when you start work in a new company and you are taken on the grand tour, introduced to everyone, and by lunchtime you've forgotten half their names. Can be awkward in the staff canteen or meeting them in the corridor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Queue jumping. 2 young Asian girls, aged early to mid 20's, jumped the queue ahead of 2 long lines of shoppers, myself included,today. As I've mentioned in an earlier post I'm all out of goodwill to all men/women, in fact the only Christmas spirit I'm finding this year is at the bottom of a large gin and tonic.

Anyway, I'd had enough of it, the giggling before they did it pushed me over the edge, so I left the trolley, walked up to them, tapped one on the shoulder and said 'Just so you know, there's a very long queue and you should be at the back of it' It's the little things that make you feel happy.

Fookin queue jumpers, should be made to lick the loose gravel off the road in the rain. Then made to sit in stocks while everyone throws rotten eggs at them. Or simply a good foot in the ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

You put all your washing into the dryer (if you could)??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Yep. What wouldn't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

People using the word fab on facebook :mad: always desperate 30 & 40 something housewives. Everytime I see it, I visualise myself creeping up behind them as they type F, I raise my hand to the back of their head as they type A and then the second they press B I mush their f*cking faces into the keyboard! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Mint Aero wrote: »
    People using the word fab on facebook :mad: always desperate 30 & 40 something housewives. Everytime I see it, I visualise myself creeping up behind them as they type F, I raise my hand to the back of their head as they type A and then the second they press B I mush their f*cking faces into the keyboard! :mad:
    Think you should post that into the other thread :D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057106952

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People having faux cheerful discussions in the supermarket at Christmas time.

I wanted to buy some cream today in Tesco and there were these two women cheerfully discussing the pros of buying Tesco branded cream against Avonmore. They stood in front of the display of cream, yappering away pretending to be cheerful.

People who stroll slowly in front of you when you're pushing a trolley.
    I feel like bashing them all in the ankles; if you want to stroll, take a hike to the Phoenix Park.

Bagpackers-I don't want you packing my bags, I don't want to donate to your charity, leave me alone.

Cold callers who call to the door when you're either cooking or eating.
    Nothing you're selling is of any interest to me so go away.

Women drivers...I AM a woman but I class myself as a pretty good driver.
    The majority of other women are ****e at driving; you never indicate, you never let people out, you brake for no reason, you're just generally no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Buying something and the assistant says "if you'd've been in yesterday there was x% off"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

fussyonion wrote: »
    People having faux cheerful discussions in the supermarket at Christmas time.

I wanted to buy some cream today in Tesco and there were these two women cheerfully discussing the pros of buying Tesco branded cream against Avonmore. They stood in front of the display of cream, yappering away pretending to be cheerful.

People who stroll slowly in front of you when you're pushing a trolley.
    I feel like bashing them all in the ankles; if you want to stroll, take a hike to the Phoenix Park.

Bagpackers-I don't want you packing my bags, I don't want to donate to your charity, leave me alone.

Cold callers who call to the door when you're either cooking or eating.
    Nothing you're selling is of any interest to me so go away.

Women drivers...I AM a woman but I class myself as a pretty good driver.
    The majority of other women are ****e at driving; you never indicate, you never let people out, you brake for no reason, you're just generally no good.

Merry Christmas to you, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I've been waiting on a supplier to send us an order so we can fulfill an order we have to send.
    It arrived 3 weeks late today and missing a couple of items. I've already faced the wrath of our client because of the delay and now to top it off I won't be sending the full order because of these tools.

I've threatened to wash my hands of them before but that's the last fcuking straw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭burnhardlanger

The phrase Thunder and Lightning.

Should be the other way round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

The phrase Thunder and Lightning.

Should be the other way round.

Why? Nobody said it was in chronological order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

A tumble dryer is it, very fancy smancy:D

I aint laughed as much since aunt Mavis got her tit caught in the mangle:P

I aint laughed as much since aunt Mavis got her tit caught in the mangle:P

Ahh come on, there's acting the tit, and then there's just milking it for all it's worth... :p

Strange Boards users sending me weird PM's. Got a pm from someone with only 5 posts asking if they could ask me a question, not even someone who uses the same forums as I do. They then proceed to ask if it's ok to have more than 1 account. Then they sent me another pm the following day telling me that they've had previous accounts. I mean what the actual feck:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Strange Boards users sending me weird PM's. Got a pm from someone with only 5 posts asking if they could ask me a question, not even someone who uses the same forums as I do. They then proceed to ask if it's ok to have more than 1 account. Then they sent me another pm the following day telling me that they've had previous accounts. I mean what the actual feck:confused:

Report the PM's. They are a known troll and that's their way of trolling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement