Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The main gift I ordered for my husband hasn't arrived and I've now given up hope that it will be here in time.:( What's worse is that I can hear him upstairs wrapping my gifts:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

The main gift I ordered for my husband hasn't arrived and I've now given up hope that it will be here in time.:( What's worse is that I can hear him upstairs wrapping my gifts:(:(

You mean he is not outside tying a huge bow on it and spraying deicer on the windscreen?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 TJ Lazer

I hate when people do this on double decker buses.

Say if you are sitting down stairs and the bus reaches the final stop. The down stairs people start to exit the bus while the upstairs people usually have to wait until all downstairs people have left.

Then along comes this good Christian Samaritan from downstairs and stops the flow of downstairs people exiting the bus just so the upstairs people can leave the bus.

This 'good' act has an indirect affect on those downstairs and prevents them leaving the bus.

I usually barge past people like that. Samaritans my whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

You mean he is not outside tying a huge bow on it and spraying deicer on the windscreen?
    I can't drive and we were keeping the spending down this Christmas. The current delivery date is sometime up to New Years Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Solution:-

We're simple creatures Pumpkinseeds. He's a man, just grab his hand, drag him into the bedroom and jump on top of him, always works. Any thoughts about gifts are completely gone after an hour.

Signed

Red Forman

• Advertisement

Only happens at Christmas. Why do so many people congregate around the entrance to shopping centres and shops in general. I went to my local Fidl store a few nights ago, thinking I would not have crowds of people standing day dreaming in the middle of the aisles, dopey cnuts, waken up it's 11am. Anyway, back to the plot, a crowd of people standing right inside the doorway, fooking yakking away like it was a meeting of Ballynagash Urban District Council, I wouldn't have minded so much but it's a small entrance, wanted to tell them to fook off home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Only happens at Christmas. Why do so many people congregate around the entrance to shopping centres and shops in general. I went to my local Fidl store a few nights ago, thinking I would not have crowds of people standing day dreaming in the middle of the aisles, dopey cnuts, waken up it's 11am. Anyway, back to the plot, a crowd of people standing right inside the doorway, fooking yakking away like it was a meeting of Ballynagash Urban District Council, I wouldn't have minded so much but it's a small entrance, wanted to tell them to fook off home.

YES. what the actual **** is that?? Oh we need to stand around like dopes and have a stupid conversation, quick, where's the nearest doorway?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ninap

How about people who take a big slurp of tea while they are actually eating? Vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Ninap wrote: »
    How about people who take a big slurp of tea while they are actually eating? Vile.

That would be me. I have been known to dip bread or sandwiches in tea too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Airport currency exchange, an absolute joke. I flew into Edinburgh airport from Dublin and changed 295 euros to £217 pounds , thats a bleeding £30 mark up on what I should get. I just looked on line converting the same amount and the end result was £247. I will just have to plan from now on and change my currency at the bank before travelling to another country, leaving enough euro to travel and eat in between. :mad:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

And it's not just xmas lads, people are always doing that. Walk behind a person as they enter a shop and nine times out of ten they'll stop and look vacantly to the left :confused:

Leaving a church is the worst. Yes we must now all walk at the slowest f*cking pace ever :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Burning rashers and eggs while replying to a post and putting a green leaf tea bag into my cup instead of barrys horrible stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I was thinking more along the lines of a ghost in the machine wind up. If I could figure out how to spook him by remotely accessing the laptop while he is using it and start typing really creepy messages. I'm thinking a picture of a banshee with a speech bubble saying, "Stop annooooooooying your siiiiiiiister. Remember those Japanese knives she bought your father? They're verrrrrrry fuucking sharp! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" hahaha :DMam would have some job washing his pants then I can tell ya.

No, the washing machine would have some job. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

It's Christmas eve so I'm taking today and tomorrow off from being annoyed. well I'm going to try anyway. :)
    probably just store it all until St. Stephan's day. :)
    have a great un annoyed Christmas everyone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

TJ Lazer wrote: »

Then along comes this good Christian Samaritan from downstairs and stops the flow of downstairs people exiting the bus just so the upstairs people can leave the bus.

This 'good' act has an indirect affect on those downstairs and prevents them leaving the bus.

I usually barge past people like that. Samaritans my whole.

The indirect affect being you have to wait 30 seconds longer to get off the bus ? Have you ever missed your stop because of it...I doubt it.
    Ninap wrote: »
    Cake and biscuits and toast NEED an ol swig of tea with them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Well at least you figure it out by yourself. He just follows me around like a toddler. When he stands there making repeated requests I can actually see his thumb in his mouth and a raggy teddy bear by his side :P Whats annoying is that its nothing to do with his comprehension abilities - I've seen him working out his wages/tax to the exact cent, but when he thinks someone will do something for him, he shuts down. He does the same with my mother with the kitchen appliances. Why learn how to differentiate between the toaster and the washinig machine when Irish mammy will do everything for you? Intellectual laziness thats all it is. And then she wonders why he cant meet a woman? Like trying to rehome a dog that hasnt been trained :D

This is my friend. She recently moved in with my other friend (about 3/4 weeks now) and so far, she's asked how to use the washing machine five times, asked if the numbers on the microwave were minutes or seconds, and has given out to the other friend for using her Christmas mug! Oh and she drives to the bus stop which is 5 minutes walk away and then tells me I'm lazy coz I can't walk due to being 9 months pregnant/full of stitches post birth (this was 4 months ago but it still annoys me! ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Hipster gobshíte in the garage giving out to the aul dear for wishing him a merry Christmas.
    "Not everyone in Ireland goes in for that crap"..

Now I'm as much a non believer as the next man but had to troll him,

'May God forgive you lad', he was about to lash me till he turned and saw I was towering over him, so instead skulked out muttering.

On my way out to my car, there he was pointing me out to his piss poor hipster wife, in their pisspoor hatchback..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

People who only go to mass on Christmas Eve, and don't step into the church for another year.

Words cannot explain how much this annoys me, for some reason it just does.

Either go everyweek or don't go at all. It's hugely hypocritical. Don't just go because it's 'Christmas and a special occasion'.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Gokei wrote: »
    Hipster gobshíte in the garage giving out to the aul dear for wishing him a merry Christmas.
    "Not everyone in Ireland goes in for that crap"..

Now I'm as much a non believer as the next man but had to troll him,

'May God forgive you lad', he was about to lash me till he turned and saw I was towering over him, so instead skulked out muttering.

On my way out to my car, there he was pointing me out to his piss poor hipster wife, in their pisspoor hatchback..

I love that that will play on his mind for so long, wouldn't be surprised if he reads this himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Bah humbug all you grumpy bast*rds. See you in a few days :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

People who only go to mass on Christmas Eve, and don't step into the church for another year.

Either go everyweek or don't go at all. It's hugely hypocritical. Don't just go because it's 'Christmas and a special occasion'.

Nosey parkers who keep track of other peoples mass going habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Doc says I have a week to live ( it was 3 days until he found out I was in VHI), is it ok if go to mass ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Not half as hypocritical as those who do go every week but fail to practice what they preach. Plenty of people up my way hug the pews on a Sunday while the roast is on, but dont talk to their sick, elderly neighbours over a land dispute, and keep their dogs chained up outside in the elements 24/7. My good deeds during the year earn me my ticket to mass on Christmas eve to enjoy the atmosphere so suck it up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

People who bring iPads to concerts and spend half the concert talking picture with it

People, who when you offer them something to eat which they have not had before ( mad stuff like Thai green curry or Lasagne) and they look at you as if you just asked them to eat a boiled baby and say " Oooooh no, I couldn't eat something like that, I will just have a potato, plain"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Dropped into Lidl in a certain part of Dublin , felt like I needed to be fumigated and go into alcohol rehab after inhaling the fumes from the other customers today !

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

People who bring iPads to concerts and spend half the concert talking picture with it

Tosser going around my local super value yesterday with his list of Christmas shopping on his ****ing iPad.

Oops69 wrote: »
    Dropped into Lidl in a certain part of Dublin , felt like I needed to be fumigated and go into alcohol rehab after inhaling the fumes from the other customers today !

Its that perfume they all wear "Eau de Crème Cracker" , its a combination of stale piss and BO:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Oops69 wrote: »

This is why I always avoid the soup kitchens. M & S only for my shopping.

• Advertisement

Airport currency exchange, an absolute joke. I flew into Edinburgh airport from Dublin and changed 295 euros to £217 pounds , thats a bleeding £30 mark up on what I should get. I just looked on line converting the same amount and the end result was £247. I will just have to plan from now on and change my currency at the bank before travelling to another country, leaving enough euro to travel and eat in between. :mad:

Did that recently, and it was liked being held up at gun point, without an actual gun being used. Grrrrrrrrr.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement