Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Tosser going around my local super value yesterday with his list of Christmas shopping on his ****ing iPad.

Heard it all now, was at a christmas concert in a local shopping centre at the weekend and some guy took out a yoke with at least a 10 inch screen on it and started taking pictures of the band that was playing. Talk about showing off, ooohhh look at how fookin cool I am with my tablet, I hope it slips out of his hand some day, teach the smug bast@rd a lesson. Lets see him get the screen replaced, ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Certain relatives saying "We're not doing presents this year so don't go buying us anything" so I think that's grand, no need to fork out on gifts.

Yet the same people arrived today with a bottle of booze and chocolates.

FFS I THOUGHT WE WEREN'T DOING PRESENTS AND I'M NOT A DOMESTIC GODDESS/STEPFORD WIFE SO DIDN'T THINK TO GET EMERGENCY THINGS IN.
    Stop going against your word!

Though this booze and these choccies are nice, thankya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

fussyonion wrote: »
    Certain relatives saying "We're not doing presents this year so don't go buying us anything" so I think that's grand, no need to fork out on gifts.

FFS I THOUGHT WE WEREN'T DOING PRESENTS AND I'M NOT A DOMESTIC GODDESS/STEPFORD WIFE SO DIDN'T THINK TO GET EMERGENCY THINGS IN.

I have had this experience aswell, caught out last year but I'm onto ya, ya crazy sons of b!tches, telling me one thing and then doing the fookin opposite.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

And y'know, I could have gone out and bought tins of sweets or bottles of booze for "just in case"'s, but I don't wanna be left with smelly Quality Street and yocky vodka!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

fussyonion wrote: »

I know this feeling. A relative I tore strips off last year for passing comments and have not spoken to since sent me a token gift this year. I feel like a SHФT now because I didn't get her anything as I normally would do for fear of having it sent back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

The trivial thing thats annoying me now is that I am checking this thread at this time on xmas eve :-(
    :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Mariasofia wrote: »
    The trivial thing thats annoying me now is that I am checking this thread at this time on xmas eve :-(
    :-D

And it's now on the first page which means I'm checking it too :(

And it's now on the first page which means I'm checking it too :(

Lets keep people checking :-D

Mariasofia wrote: »
    Lets keep people checking :-D

Then we'll be a 'trivial thing' :)

Then we'll be a 'trivial thing' :)

Ive been called worse :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭custom900

Misuse of apostrophe's;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,988 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Anyhoo: in a shop after buying something, it annoys me when the cashier first puts the receipt on my hand, then the notes, and then the small change on top. So you have the heaviest and most slippery items on top of a rough surface ... so they fall off as soon as you move your hand. :mad:

The correct method is: put the small change in the palm of the hand first, then the customer can take the notes and receipt with their fingers.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Airport currency exchange, an absolute joke. I flew into Edinburgh airport from Dublin and changed 295 euros to £217 pounds , thats a bleeding £30 mark up on what I should get. I just looked on line converting the same amount and the end result was £247. I will just have to plan from now on and change my currency at the bank before travelling to another country, leaving enough euro to travel and eat in between. :mad:

Use your debit card instead wherever possible, you get the very best rate that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

one4all gift cards! fcking useless

Gift cards in general. Its like saying heres 20 euro now go spend it in this shop you never go to and end up having to spend extra money so you can use the thing up. The only place I buy stuff is amazon and steam. Only one of which is available in a shop and I doubt anyone is going to walk into gamestop for a gift card and buy anything except a gamestop gift card. On the plus side I can use it to buy the steam gift cards myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 TJ Lazer

I hate having to pay extortionate prices for popcorn in the cinema. I only recently bought this in the ODEON cinema for 4.90 euro. Any right thinking society would consider this crime.

524100_10202657940632259_1327945710_n.jpg?oh=0d9dc2d8e0129bc688726b60a82891a0&oe=52BC9817

1471252_10202657941112271_1074421407_n.jpg?oh=7313ce7d0ff541d5bab2b0c231f42ecd&oe=52BC8281

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Bah humbugers.

And people who refer X-mas or 'the holidays', especially when done for PC reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

People who shop in expensive shops . and then moan about the price the have been charged

People who shop in Aldi or Lidl and then complain if they get something that tastes like ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭chubba1984

People who think using X-mas is a way to be PC. X is the Greek symbol for Chi which is the first letter in the Greek version of Cristos i.e. Christ.... It's been around for centuries....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-mas

chubba1984 wrote: »
    People who think using X-mas is a way to be PC. X is the Greek symbol for Chi which is the first letter in the Greek version of Cristos i.e. Christ.... It's been around for centuries....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-mas

People too scabby or lazy to write / type or say Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

people too scabby or lazy to spell out or say The Day Of The Birth Of Our Lord And Saviour The Lord Jesus Christ

people too scabby or lazy to spell out or say The Day Of The Birth Of Our Lord And Saviour The Lord Jesus Christ

I'd like to see you get that on the Christmas Cake or Yule log icing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

People who ask you what you received from Santa.

People who post up pictures/status' of their new iPhone 5s, Xbox 1, iPad, MAC makeup, *insert overpriced object here*

I always find it ironic when someone after they've put up the status with all their new gifts, saying 'thinking of the homeless, or anyone who doesn't have anything special this year'. *along those lines*

Meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Radio controlled helicopter -

Five minutes play, then has to charge again for another 50 minutes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Being sick on Xmas and being way too sick to even complain out loud

People wasting hundreds on a 6 month old baby for Christmas.

Then i'm just laughing when the baby is happy playing away with an empty water bottle and ignoring the gifts that she is way too young for.

Did that recently, and it was liked being held up at gun point, without an actual gun being used. Grrrrrrrrr.
    Try the post office, I got some sterling a while back while the rates weren't great and it actually wasn't too bad, considering what it would have been anywhere else.

The relative complaining that having to get their child an iPad has cleaned out their bank account. You did not HAVE to get your child an iPad you ridiculous woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

A lot of people have been posting pictures of their Christmas dinners on Facebook/Instagram and there's ketchup, mayo and brown sauce on their table :eek: What a way to ruin your Christmas dinner!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

People who complain about the most trivial of things really annoy me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement