Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Vinta81 wrote: »
    A lot of people have been posting pictures of their Christmas dinners on Facebook/Instagram and there's ketchup, mayo and brown sauce on their table :eek: What a way to ruin your Christmas dinner!

This is sacrilegious. Even on a Sunday roast they put on Chef sauce with their gravy.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

This is sacrilegious. Even on a Sunday roast they put on Chef sauce with their gravy.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.
    I never cease to be amazed by the depths of ignorance and depravity to which man can sink.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

People who press both the up and down buttons on the lift in the hope the first one that arrives will head in the right direction (but actually forcing the lift heading in the "wrong" direction to stop unnecessarily at that floor)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

People who start talking about how long it is to Christmas 2014.

Sales that start on Christmas Eve. Saw a couple of guys putting up the 50% off posters in my local Heatons on Christmas Eve, two hours before the store closed.

Shops stocking items for Saint Valentines Day on December 26th.

Shops stocking items for Saint Patrick's Day on January 26th.

Shops stocking items for Easter on January 27th.

The same Christmas films being on every bloody channel on the tv on Christmas Day. Is this why we pay our tv license or is it to keep Joe Duffy at RTE? Heaven forbid he should go to another tv/radio station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

People who only talk about themselves, and you try carry a conversation in the vain hope they'll ask you how you are but then the conversation dwindles out as there's only so much information you can take.

It annoys me that they don't notice this.

It annoys me that I didn't see it sooner.

It annoys me that I still try. But I'm a dogooder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

Being sick on Xmas and being way too sick to even complain out loud

Hope you are feeling better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Texting someone to wish a happy Christmas and not getting a reply really annoys me

deise08 wrote: »
    Texting someone to wish a happy Christmas and not getting a reply really annoys me

One of my brother's does the same. He texts me to ask if he can call over that evening for a visit, so I text him back and ask him what time he was planning on coming over at and then nothing....... I don't hear from him for a week or two or if we see each other in town. All talk about the visit disappears into the air, just like him. What makes it worse, I fall for it every fookin time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

deise08 wrote: »
    Generic group texts with no individuality don't get a reply for me since I copped on about three years ago, still some people haven't learnt the lesson, I find these generic group texts insulting

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Shop owners who block the pay and display parking space in front of their store.

'I'm just going to stick your traffic cone with your home made reserved sign on it in the middle of the path while I park my car in this designated space.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Oops69 wrote: »
    Generic group texts with no individuality don't get a reply for me since I copped on about three years ago, still some people haven't learnt the lesson, I find these generic group texts insulting

I mean specific text. Wit text relative to the people/person involved.
    I actually care and think about what I say to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I find Marty Whelan's moustache very creepy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Squishing myself into Spanx so the dress will look better. Hate dresses:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Squishing myself into Spanx so the dress will look better. Hate dresses:(
    Dresses in general. I'm expected to wear one down to the pub today but I really don't want to. I'd prefer to wear my good jeans and hoodie but my mother gets very shirty over my casual attitude to dressing up. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

McChubbin wrote: »
    Dresses in general. I'm expected to wear one down to the pub today but I really don't want to. I'd prefer to wear my good jeans and hoodie but my mother gets very shirty over my casual attitude to dressing up. :/
    :eek: not liking dresses?!

My trivial annoyance - wearing a beautiful pair of suede shoe boots to the grave yard this morning, coming home and having to practically dig the dried in muck off them. Me shews are roooooned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

People esp family being snappy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

:eek: not liking dresses?!

My trivial annoyance - wearing a beautiful pair of suede shoe boots to the grave yard this morning, coming home and having to practically dig the dried in muck off them. Me shews are roooooned

This exact thing happened to me too! Also went to another graveyard straight after the first one and forgot the pathways in that one are all pebbles which turned a five minute walk into a fifteen minute one because of the heels!

People who don't put the lid back on the toothpaste ffs

People who don't put the lid back on the toothpaste ffs

People who don't use the last available bit of toothpaste in the tube, what am I, made of money or something?

I find Marty Whelan's moustache very creepy.

I find Marty Whelan creepy. The way he used to look at Geri Maye on Winning Streak, you know what he's thinking, dirty boy, dirty boy.

• Advertisement

Myself when I knowingly make bad decisions, think about how bad they are, how awful ill feel in the morning after it, how much ill regret it, but nope, do I care? Nope. Still fire ahead with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

efb wrote: »
    People esp family being snappy
    People who single out people for having esp ......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

No white christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

WikiHow wrote: »
    No white christmas.

Racism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

When the wind blows over the glass recycling bin and ya have to do the walk of shame to pick them up. When I heard the clattering noise I thought please dont let that be mine.....it was!
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

When the batteries you put in that Christmas Toy have given up the ghost. How to beg borrow or steal replacements regardless of the season that's in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Visitors that dont know when its time to leave and overstay their welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Mariasofia wrote: »
    Visitors that dont know when its time to leave and overstay their welcome!

Jesus fine I'm going so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

"say aw rewoir but not goo'bye" Joxer Daly Juno and the Paycock.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement