Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

People who you've known for years not remembering your birthday. even when talkin to them on the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ringing in an order to the Chinese that costs 7.50 and them charging 8 euro to deliver it. 15.50 for a poxy curry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Ringing in an order to the Chinese that costs 7.50 and them charging 8 euro to deliver it. 15.50 for a poxy curry

8 euro for delivery..what. in what universe?
    and 7.50 for a curry? what!?

SV wrote: »
    8 euro for delivery..what. in what universe?
    and 7.50 for a curry? what!?

I'm raging so I am! 7.50 for a curry isn't bad

I'm raging so I am! 7.50 for a curry isn't bad

I'm used to 4ish, 7.50 is a bit mad!
    Jesus there's no way I'd pay 8 euro for delivery. I'd tell them to take it back

• Advertisement

SV wrote: »
    I'm used to 4ish, 7.50 is a bit mad!
    Jesus there's no way I'd pay 8 euro for delivery. I'd tell them to take it back
    4 euro for a curry??? Tell me quick! Where would I find such a place?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Curries tend to cost quite a bit. Must have been sending it by registered post at that cost.

Curries tend to cost quite a bit. Must have been sending it by registered post at that cost.

I live three miles from the Chinese. Maybe that's why but Jesus it'd cost that to send it out in a taxi

4 euro for a curry??? Tell me quick! Where would I find such a place?!?

Carlow, unfortunately this is usually enough to put people off getting one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

8 euro delivery charge? Are you high?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Y'is think that's bad, what about the €5 "delivery" charge on room service in hotels or 10 snots for two.

whirlpool wrote: »
    being high is one of the few times that paying that would be fully justifiable. God damn munchies.

whirlpool wrote: »

Didn't realise how much delivery was until it arrived and I was so shocked I just paid it. Originally thought I got the wrong order.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Drivers who don't turn on their lights!!

For fux sake! Even in the horrible dark wet windy weather we're
    having I always meet plenty of PLONKERS who drive with no lights
    what so ever.:eek::eek:

Save the bulbs anyway lads! They cost about €2 to €6

:mad: :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Didn't realise how much delivery was until it arrived and I was so shocked I just paid it. Originally thought I got the wrong order.
    People who don't understand the cost of running a business :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Bus Eireann expressways bus adverts. I've never, ever seen one of the buses on that advert. Where are those double decker, tinted window, clean seated, tidy buses with the smiling driver? Because I don't believe that they exist. I think the bus they show in the ad is just a computer generated image. Has anybody else seen one, other than in the ad?

Secondly, ignorant teenage boys. Why the Hell do so many parents fail to teach their kids basic manners? I was coming out of a department store this morning with heavy bags, about 6 teenage boys all filed in the door I was trying to get out of. Not one of them stood aside to let me out. I had to point out to them what 'nice manners' they had. If people aren't prepared to teach their kids the basic social niceties, then they shouldn't breed and inflict their ill mannered spawn on society.

Oops69 wrote: »
    People who don't understand the cost of running a business :eek:
    Ah come on now, there's no justification for charging 8 euro for delivery. That's just taking the pi&s. It's like searching online for furniture or any large goods that need delivering and finding that the company wants more than 50 euro delivery, if delivery isn't free, then I'm not buying. To me, high delivery charges are just a sneaky way of bumping up your prices while trying to appear competitive.

I'm not going to pay some ridiculous charge for delivery. Any takeout we get is delivered free if the order is over 10 euro and within a 3 mile radius.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Bus Eireann expressways bus adverts. I've never, ever seen one of the buses on that advert. Where are those double decker, tinted window, clean seated, tidy buses with the smiling driver? Because I don't believe that they exist. I think the bus they show in the ad is just a computer generated image. Has anybody else seen one, other than in the ad?

Plenty of double decker ones, they can be pretty nice to go in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Secondly, ignorant teenage boys. Why the Hell do so many parents fail to teach their kids basic mannersut of a department store this morning with heavy bags, about 6 teenage boys all filed in the door I was trying to get out of. Not one of them stood aside to let me out. I had to point out to them what 'nice manners' they had. If people aren't prepared to teach their kids the basic social niceties, then they shouldn't breed and inflict their ill mannered spawn on society.
    thanked u for this.
    Really bus eireann:try go bus/ JJ Kavanagh / other competitors instead.

bluewolf wrote: »
    Plenty of double decker ones, they can be pretty nice to go in
    Ah well, I'll live in hope of getting one some day. Until then I'll have to put up with the grotty single decker to Galway that is usually overcrowded, a bit dank and missing most of the curtains. I'm just grateful if the heater is working during winter. Otherwise I just freeze on the way.

• Advertisement

go bus axed the 11.15 AM DUBLIN GALWAY weekday service. So, I will now not bother visiting Galway for the day in future and doing business there. And statement of obvious, the remaining go bus services have become like travelling in a sardine can. I won't be caught again, having taken the later go bus service after 11.15.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Women at winter weddings wearing those fake fur half cape type 'things ' on their shoulders , there's at least five at the wedding I'm at and they all look like bad drag queens , girls , just DON'T !

And another thing; CHristmas weddings !, extra expense at this time of year and they wreck my Christmas , a total pain In The h***...... I'm in good form today , me !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Oops69 wrote: »

And another thing; CHristmas weddings !, extra expense at this time of year and they wreck my Christmas , a total pain In The h***...... I'm in good form today , me !

Then why are you there?
    And didn't you know it was coming up so you could budget?

Why not just buy a wedding present and be a no show? I did that for a wedding, not at Christmas wedding, although I did buy a present on the clues wedding list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

People in the service industry that openly chew chewing gum when working behind the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Waiting at a checkout to pay for something and there's not a salesperson in sight.

I was in Dunnes in George's Street the other week (the home-wares one) and I was waiting to pay for a lamp.
    Looked around and saw two members of staff messing with cardboard boxes.
    They glanced over at me and could see I was waiting for service but they didn't come over.

I called "Sorry, can I just pay for this?" and they glanced around to see if there were any other staff members, before one of them walked over.
    She looked really put out to have to serve me and I felt *I* had done something wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

1 Drivers who don't use dipped headlights in poor visability
    2 Drivers that use front or rear foglamps when it's not foggy or heavy rain.And don't say they may have forgotten to switch them off cause foglamps are self cancelling you have to turn them on everytime you start car!!!
    3 Drivers that don't use indicators
    4 Clocks not set to correct time.All my clocks and watches are set by the atomic clock(yes,I know!!)
    5 People who insist on re-boiling a kettle to make tea even though it may have only boilt 30 seconds ago.It's a myth that you must use BOILING water to make tea.The proper way to make tea is with freshly BOILT water,boiling water scalds the tea leaves and impairs flavour.Thank God I only drink Coffee :P

Bowlardo wrote: »
    People in the service industry that openly chew chewing gum when working behind the counter.

I'll chew as much gum as I like!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Steve F wrote: »
    1 Drivers who don't use dipped headlights in poor visability
    2 Drivers that use front or rear foglamps when it's not foggy or heavy rain.And don't say they may have forgotten to switch them off cause foglamps are self cancelling you have to turn them on everytime you start car!!!
    3 Drivers that don't use indicators
    4 Clocks not set to correct time.All my clocks and watches are set by the atomic clock(yes,I know!!)
    5 People who insist on re-boiling a kettle to make tea even though it may have only boilt 30 seconds ago.It's a myth that you must use BOILING water to make tea.The proper way to make tea is with freshly BOILT water,boiling water scalds the tea leaves and impairs flavour.Thank God I only drink Coffee :P

It's also well known that boiling water ruins and impairs the flavour of coffee too.
    I use water that hasn't quite come to the boil, or has slightly cooled, for coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

fussyonion wrote: »
    Waiting at a checkout to pay for something and there's not a salesperson in sight.

I was in Dunnes in George's Street the other week (the home-wares one) and I was waiting to pay for a lamp.
    Looked around and saw two members of staff messing with cardboard boxes.
    They glanced over at me and could see I was waiting for service but they didn't come over.

I called "Sorry, can I just pay for this?" and they glanced around to see if there were any other staff members, before one of them walked over.
    She looked really put out to have to serve me and I felt *I* had done something wrong!

Why do people say "Sorry" before they ask someone for help or assistance?You had done nothing wrong so what were you "sorry" for??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement