Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Truly Irish Ad. If ever there was an ad to put me off sausages and rashers it's that. A load of mooby mullet men brandishing their sausages in front of me :confused: yes please, I want to look like them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

That I have to go to a dinner later with people I have zilch in common with and I wont even be drinking to take the edge off the boredom!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Mariasofia wrote: »
    That I have to go to a dinner later with people I have zilch in common with and I wont even be drinking to take the edge off the boredom!

Hate that too.
    I often have to meet up with a couple who I can't stand.
    They're actually alright people but they're quite reserved and don't really intiate conversation so nights out with them are stilted and dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Don't go then!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Steve F wrote: »
    Why do people say "Sorry" before they ask someone for help or assistance?You had done nothing wrong so what were you "sorry" for??

I heard it is something to do with the irish for excuse me and sorry are similar/the same so when we started to speak english it was something that stuck. Dont speak Irish so cant confirm it.

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    It's also well known that boiling water ruins and impairs the flavour of coffee too.
    I use water that hasn't quite come to the boil, or has slightly cooled, for coffee.

You Sir are a genius!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Why do people say "Sorry" before they ask someone for help or assistance?You had done nothing wrong so what were you "sorry" for??

Sales are on in local stores where I live, so I went in to get a new shirt and tie set, the OH is taking me out tomorrow night and want to look me best for her. Some numbskull took root to the floor in a narrow aisle and instead of me saying 'sorry can I get past' I just pushed past him, it didn't even register with him, fookin daydreaming numbskull, I hope he's not driving. They all seem to come out at this time of year, same thing walking along the street, it's like night of the living dead.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Hokuto

People who slurp drinks / soups really loudly. Makes my skin crawl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Sales are on in local stores where I live, so I went in to get a new shirt and tie set, the OH is taking me out tomorrow night and want to look me best for her. Some numbskull took root to the floor in a narrow aisle and instead of me saying 'sorry can I get past' I just pushed past him, it didn't even register with him, fookin daydreaming numbskull, I hope he's not driving. They all seem to come out at this time of year, same thing walking along the street, it's like night of the living dead.:mad:

Did you go for a pink shirt and tie in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sorry for disturbing them? It might be their job but still just manners.

• Advertisement

Hokuto wrote: »
    People who slurp drinks / soups really loudly. Makes my skin crawl.

Yep!!

Sorry for disturbing them? It might be their job but still just manners.

Yes but the OP wasn't disturbing them they were looking for service so why "Sorry?"

Did you go for a pink shirt and tie in the end?

Pink shirt :confused:

Pink shirt :confused:

Your new shirt and tie set...

Your new shirt and tie set...

I thought you were asking about my new stretch limo, why the fup would I get a pink shirt and tie set?:confused:

I thought you were asking about my new stretch limo, why the fup would I get a pink shirt and tie set?:confused:

Sorry, just assumed. No offence intended. :eek:

Sorry, just assumed. No offence intended. :eek:

Assumed what?:confused:

Assumed what?:confused:

That they would be pink. Sorry. :o

That they would be pink. Sorry. :o

You are great at making assumptions, you don't know me or anything about me.:mad:

You are great at making assumptions, you don't know me or anything about me.:mad:

Calm down, mate. ;)

• Advertisement

Calm down, mate. ;)

First thing, I'm not your mate and don't tell me or anyone else on here to calm down. I've read some of your other posts on this site and you seem to be a **** stirrer or a troll. I'll report you the next time you step out of line.

First thing, I'm not your mate and don't tell me or anyone else on here to calm down. I've read some of your other posts on this site and you seem to be a **** stirrer or a troll. I'll report you the next time you step out of line.

Relax there, Cyril. Have a good night out with the missus. Tell her I was asking for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭qdawg86

First time logging in in 3 years and this is what I find.

So worth it :-P

Mod

Calm down or you will end up with a ban.

Accusing someone of being a sh*t stirrer and a troll, and then reacting like that, is nonsensical. As per he charter, if you think someone is trolling, report them and ignore them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

So I think we've established pink shirts make RedForman angry for some reason...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

oh my god what a post
    i just can't right now bahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Ok so anyway....
    trivial things that annoy you. . . .
    somebody asking a question and not leaving you complete the answer before butting in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

When you wake in the morning and you think it's the middle of the night, you check your alarm and it's really gonna go off in 2 minutes.

When you wake in the morning and you think it's the middle of the night, you check your alarm and it's really gonna go off in 2 minutes.

The vast majority of morning of the time I am awake before the alarm, I really hate being woken by the alarm. Happens if I stay up or read past 23:00 on weekdays.

• Advertisement

The saying about 'the best and brightest' emigrating. No problem with emigration, just the suggestion that those not emigrating are not as 'bright'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement