Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

Just sat down to read a magazine then realised already brought it the week before :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

All things Dr Who related. I'm sick of it now, but my husband loves it. I think that new assistant is really fricking annoying, so I stopped watching it when she arrived. Still, I just grit my teeth and think of all the TV I inflict on him that he finds tedious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

All things Dr Who related. I'm sick of it now, but my husband loves it. I think that new assistant is really fricking annoying, so I stopped watching it when she arrived. Still, I just grit my teeth and think of all the TV I inflict on him that he finds tedious.

I hope you don't mean this lady:

https://www.google.com/search?q=doctor+who+karen+gillan&rls=com.microsoft:en-IE:IE-Address&rlz=1I7KMOH_enIE501&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=5zm_Us6-LqXY7Ab1u4CoBg&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=683

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

The gym in January, I know people make new years resolutions but you're not going to last in the place beyond the second week anyway.
    Stop coming in and messing about, doing no real work and just chatting. I get that you don't understand how stuff works, ASK SOMEONE. The weights are not toys, I get that they're foreign to you but cop the fúck on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

The Stephen's Day to New Year's time warp, I'm sure it's been said already but I've no idea how much of this thread I've read recently because of said time warp. I've a grasp on what year and month it is but what time of day/day of the week, not the foggiest without checking. The Big Big Movie was on on Friday (I think?), none of the proper people are on the radio, the usual people aren't emailing at the usual hours, I'm drunk when it's bright, what the hell is happening and when am I????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

The TV ad about safe driving....'...expect the unexpected'

If you did...then it wouldn't be unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Any of those drink driving ads or the ones about the starving kids of Africa.
    They do nothing but make people feel uncomfortable and I ALWAYS switch them off.

fussyonion wrote: »
    They do nothing but make people feel uncomfortable and I ALWAYS switch them off.

my god I know, I want to be able to enjoy my ten pints and drive home without having to hear of the consequences, jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

SV wrote: »
    my god I know, I want to be able to enjoy my ten pints and drive home without having to hear of the consequences, jesus.

Lightweight. I takes at least two gallons on board, after sharpening the Leaper like a scythe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

They are good for awareness though, the drink drink ads especially in terms of scaring people straight. The one with the woman in her 30s slurring and speaking slowly "I don't... know... how this... happened" is possibly the scariest ad I've ever seen. I'd far rather that to the absolute nonsense they have in other parts of the world that make a tepid ad that doesn't do anything to get the message into peoples heads.

What also freaks me out is the blonde mother talking about her 17 year old daughter that got killed since I think it's got to be at least 10 years old... maybe it's just that it hits home more now (especially with me being 27 as well, probably around her age)?

One thing I REALLY hate though, is how the man is always the culprit and the woman is always the victim. It's always the guy drink-driving, it's always the guy speeding, it's always a woman who's the victim, no matter what. Even with the 'careful walking home drunk' ads it's a guy, or any instance where the pedestrian is in the wrong like not looking left-and-right. There was a montage type of ad of this and I think it's the only time I've seen a woman behind the wheel in one of these ads... along with about 8 men. I know men cause the majority of these types of accidents are guys, but you'd swear it was 99% of them from what they show. Really winds me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

SV wrote: »

You can be as sarcastic as you like but don't tell me you don't sit there, with your parents or your granny or something and feel so uncomfortable when these ads come on?

You can be as sarcastic as you like but don't tell me you don't sit there, with your parents or your granny or something and feel so uncomfortable when these ads come on?

What would them being there have to do with me feeling uncomfortable at a drink driving advert? I don't get what's uncomfortable about them to tell ya the truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

when i plan not to drink then do......fcukin hell not a bad night after all tomorrow will be a killer tho the shenanigins goin on here :-D

That theres one smart arse at every party that Youd love to slap....... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sierra Hole Borer

When the sds drill goes dead drilling the last hole on a friday evening and having to wait 15 mins to recharge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Being such a hindrance and getting sick so often.

I was with out of hours dr on Xmas eve who sent me to casualty. 60 euro it cost me. Now I'm pretty sure I have a broken jaw, I think I need an X-ray but I'm too poor/mean to pay another 60 euro (for the dr) or 100 (to go straight to casualty).

And I'm too embarrassed cause I've been there so many times this year.

Weh, weh, weh. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I was with out of hours dr on Xmas eve who sent me to casualty. 60 euro it cost me. Now I'm pretty sure I have a broken jaw, I think I need an X-ray but I'm too poor/mean to pay another 60 euro (for the dr) or 100 (to go straight to casualty).

Jesus if you think you have a broken jaw go to one of them :eek:
    Wear a fake nose and wig if you have to!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Why would you be embarrassed??
    In 2012, i was in casuality 4 times due to football injuries, and my GP another 3 times due to shingles. Imagine a broken jaw setting wrongly and the potential dire effects that could have on your future health and well-being. Get it seen to as soon as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Hammar wrote: »
    Why would you be embarrassed??
    In 2012, i was in casuality 4 times due to football injuries, and my GP another 3 times due to shingles. Imagine a broken jaw setting wrongly and the potential dire effects that could have on your future health and well-being. Get it seen to as soon as possible.

2013 I've been admitted to hospital 6 or 7 times, I've been for maybe 2 or 3 X-rays, and I was there 2 times with referrals from a dr. I feel like I'm on first name terms with the staff. I feel like a hypochondriac. And I'm way way too stingy to drop another 60 crisp ones :(

I am annoying myself for getting myself into these situations. You'd swear I was ****ting fifties

• Advertisement

2013 I've been admitted to hospital 6 or 7 times, I've been for maybe 2 or 3 X-rays, and I was there 2 times with referrals from a dr. I feel like I'm on first name terms with the staff. I feel like a hypochondriac. And I'm way way too stingy to drop another 60 crisp ones :(

I am annoying myself for getting myself into these situations. You'd swear I was ****ting fifties

I think you need to look up what the proper definition of hyperchondriasis is.
    If you were running to the Doctors with an obsession that you had every major illness/disease under the sun multiple times a month,then you might have a problem. You're injury prone, i can relate,it's horrendeous on the bank balance. A potential broken jaw however needs to be looked at,even if it costs you 500 quid.

In taxi nearly home and ya realise u have forgotten your house keys! My mam is going to kill me when I wake her to let me in !! :O
    She will prob post here in the morning
    :-)

Mariasofia wrote: »
    In taxi nearly home and ya realise u have forgotten your house keys! My mam is going to kill me when I wake her to let me in !! :O
    She will prob post here in the morning
    :-)

Don't bother waking her Maria,you can come round and spend the night here ;)

Don't bother waking her Maria,you can come round and spend the night here ;)

Sounds great!!!

Have you room for the hubby too :-D?

Mariasofia wrote: »
    Sounds great!!!

Have you room for the hubby too :-D?

Sure he can sleep on the couch,as long as he doesn't bother us :D

Sure he can sleep on the couch,as long as he doesn't bother us :D

Ill take my chances with the ma first :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Tryin to watch tv and some bugger sitting outside in their car radio full up and engine going.
    :( now all I can hear is them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

If you've already paid for the Dr you won't have to pay for casualty. Go to hospital!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I can cancel my trivial annoyance post, I just got a calendar with weeks that start on Sunday:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

5 People who insist on re-boiling a kettle to make tea even though it may have only boilt 30 seconds ago.It's a myth that you must use BOILING water to make tea.The proper way to make tea is with freshly BOILT water,boiling water scalds the tea leaves and impairs flavour.Thank God I only drink Coffee :P[/QUOTE]

Agree with you re the coffee, boiling water burns the coffee and gives a bitter taste, but for tea, it has to be boiling water, poured in to a pre heated teapot.

The freshly boiled water angle may work for that abomination which passes for a cup of tea , placing a teabag in a mug and pouring water in.:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement