Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Cienciano wrote: »
    People using butter in a tub, but they dont take the foil completely off, they just fold it back to get at the butter.

Basins in sinks. What's the point?

Hot and cold taps. Hot water is scalding hot, cold water is ice cold. If only there was some strange tap that could share the same spout so the water mixes to a usable temperature

*not sure if serious* -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Queueing for anything - I won't do it and I'll do anything to avoid it. But the pinnacle of this idiocy is people who stand up and queue to get off a plane before it has even stopped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    Queueing for anything - I won't do it and I'll do anything to avoid it. But the pinnacle of this idiocy is people who stand up and queue to get off a plane before it has even stopped!

yes! Thank you! Thought I was the only one who noticed this! It's ridiculous, peopel grappling with seatbelts while the plane is still coming to a stop and then jumping up as the fasten seatbelt signs go off. The really stupid ones are the ones who jump up even though they were in the middle/inside seat so not only do they have to stand with the rest of the plebs, they have to do it with their heads bent too hahaha

Also, people who clap when the plane lands? (Though on a r*anair flight I can understand the surprising delight)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Czarcasm wrote: »
    *not sure if serious* -_-
    No, I'm not :D
    I just hate seperate taps when a mixer tap can be used. Especially in bathrooms.

That reminds me, every time I go to the airport (dublin t1) the hand dryers annoy me. I always forget how bad they are. They're weird looking ones, they look like a slot for a letter that are built into the wall. But the air that comes out of them is pathetic. I hate bad hand dryers :mad:.

And on the subject of hand dryers, what's more annoying? The ones with sensors that you have to wave your hands in front of to get them to work, or the ones that switch off 10 seconds early. So you have to press the button again for it to do a full cycle that you only need 10 seconds of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    yes! Thank you! Thought I was the only one who noticed this! It's ridiculous, peopel grappling with seatbelts while the plane is still coming to a stop and then jumping up as the fasten seatbelt signs go off. The really stupid ones are the ones who jump up even though they were in the middle/inside seat so not only do they have to stand with the rest of the plebs, they have to do it with their heads bent too hahaha

Also, people who clap when the plane lands? (Though on a r*anair flight I can understand the surprising delight)

I don't even know where to start with airports and travel in general. It seems everything about air travel is designed to grate on me which isn't healthy as someone who travels a lot with work.

The idiots as soon as the first wheel hits the tar *click* off comes the belt. Still taxi-ing to the gate, I better stand up and get all my stuff out of the over heard bin. The queue to get off the plane long before the door opens with the sole goal of being the first one standing at the belt waiting on your luggage which by the time it starts to arrive the entire plane is now with you.

Above all that though is the phone idiots. As it says on the safety notice do not turn on electronics until the plan has come to a complete stop. Soon as the plane lands phones are out and you hear all the multitude of start up tones. Why? Can you not possibly wait 10 mins until you're off the plane to reply to that all importing text message: "have you arrived?"

Or an extension to the last one. How about those rebels, you know the mad ba$tards that hide their phone when the attendants are doing a check just so they can keep it on during take off. I salute you guys, I'm no where near as ballsy!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

iregk wrote: »
    I don't even know where to start with airports and travel in general. It seems everything about air travel is designed to grate on me which isn't healthy as someone who travels a lot with work.

The idiots as soon as the first wheel hits the tar *click* off comes the belt. Still taxi-ing to the gate, I better stand up and get all my stuff out of the over heard bin. The queue to get off the plane long before the door opens with the sole goal of being the first one standing at the belt waiting on your luggage which by the time it starts to arrive the entire plane is now with you.

Above all that though is the phone idiots. As it says on the safety notice do not turn on electronics until the plan has come to a complete stop. Soon as the plane lands phones are out and you hear all the multitude of start up tones. Why? Can you not possibly wait 10 mins until you're off the plane to reply to that all importing text message: "have you arrived?"

Or an extension to the last one. How about those rebels, you know the mad ba$tards that hide their phone when the attendants are doing a check just so they can keep it on during take off. I salute you guys, I'm no where near as ballsy!!!!

yes. I wonder would they be as ballsy if their phone signals interfered with the flight and they found themselves hurtling towards the sea? Be cryin on 'em phones for mammy haha. Ok thats mean but yeah, try to survive a couple of hours without the phone.

Lets see...

* the fact that tax free shopping is now (for a lot of things) more expensive than just normal shopping
    * the way passport control makes me feel guilty and shifty even though I AM the person in the photo
    *the stupid bars at the bottom of the moving stairs in T2
    *the chocolate fountain
    *people running past each other on the tarmac trying to get to the plane first. It's not a bus. It will not leave without you.
    *people queing at the gate like they are outside a slash gig - hello your seats have already been asigned?
    * A new one I saw last week - someone changing her babys nappy on the seat :(
    *^screaming babies
    *the fact that we still have to observe the air steward show before take off...and I still wouldnt know what to do in an emergency
    *people ordering rubbishy overpriced plane (plain) food just because they are on a plane and either have nothing else to do or cant make their peace with the novelty of being able to eat that high up :D

Much better now :):)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

People who complain about having a hangover after they've gone out the night before. We get it, you were out drinking. It's not the first bloody time you've gone out, so what the hell did you think would happen, the alcohol fairies would save you?

People who do that weird, nasally breathing where they breathe in through their mouth and nose at the same time that kind of makes it sound like they have a cold or something, but the whole year round.

People tucking the ends of their trousers into their socks. If you're not an old man on a bike you have no real reason to do this, and you look like a jackass.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mactheknife19

Two situations
    1.Go into a shop and you buy something for maybe €5.15. You give them a €10. They ask you do you have the 15cent, and look pissed when you don't

2.Go into a shop and you buy something for maybe €5.15. You give them a €20 or €50. Do you have any thing smaller.

What part of retail do they not understand. Do I look like I carry around a cash register in my trousers. Do they not expect people to come into there shop and spend money in exchange for goods. Do not expect people to have the exact money you fool. The look at you like you have killed there first born that they have to give you some of their precious change.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

OldNotWIse wrote: »

*people queing at the gate like they are outside a slash gig - hello your seats have already been asigned?

I was on a Ryanair flight out of Liverpool a couple of years ago, when I arrived at the gate, there was a big long queue. I looked out the window and there was no plane at the gate! The inbound flight had been delayed by about 20 minutes and the lemmings were standing at the gate with no plane there! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭janeo80

Two situations
    1.Go into a shop and you buy something for maybe €5.15. You give them a €10. They ask you do you have the 15cent, and look pissed when you don't

2.Go into a shop and you buy something for maybe €5.15. You give them a €20 or €50. Do you have any thing smaller.

What part of retail do they not understand. Do I look like I carry around a cash register in my trousers. Do they not expect people to come into there shop and spend money in exchange for goods. Do not expect people to have the exact money you fool. The look at you like you have killed there first born that they have to give you some of their precious change.

When 10 people in a row pay with 50s and you eventually start running out of change and kindly asking people if they have anything smaller, and they get narky. Or when something's 5.15 and you can see 15cents in their wallet and you're our of 5c coins and have to ask them for 15 cent, even though it means they won't get any change and you'll get some change, and someone kicks up a fuss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

People complaining about people complaining :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭janeo80

sorry!!! But it's not my fault when I run out of change :(
    Well I don't look pissed off if people don't have change. And I hate when people do it to me too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I was on a Ryanair flight out of Liverpool a couple of years ago, when I arrived at the gate, there was a big long queue. I looked out the window and there was no plane at the gate! The inbound flight had been delayed by about 20 minutes and the lemmings were standing at the gate with no plane there! :confused:
    I was flying ryanair from Krakow to Dublin and the queue had already formed when we were told the flight was delayed 2 HOURS cos the plane had to make an emergency stop. Everyone sat down except for about 10-15 people at the front of the queue who obviously thought that standing for an extra 2 hours was worth it to get a seat at the front of the plane. Presumably so they could get off before anyone else :confused:? Totally worth it :rolleyes:

Anyway, plane finally arrives, we join the queue, staff open the doors and let us through as they check out boarding pass. We go down the stairs, out the doors to where the plane should and there's a bus waiting for us to take us to the plane! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

The "I have a child therefore get out of my way" parents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Those little round paper circles from punched paper.

Especially when you have a "leaky" puncher, and they get EVERYWHERE. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Watery ketchup :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

When family members "play dumb" when i know they already have the information they're fishing for and are looking for more info , just ask me straight out ffs

Jester252 wrote: »
    The "I have a child therefore get out of my way" parents

Freakishly coincidental! Happened to me earlier when two shams were rolling their buggies along the pavement, not one behind the other, but actually beside each other, taking up nearly the whole pavement!

I heard them coming and one muttering "out of the way, out of the way". Something just peeved me off about it, almost as bad as the people that clip your heels with their buggies, so I stayed where I was rather than move in and block the shop door.

The dirty look I got off one of them that looked back was met with "pfft, jog on sweetheart!" :pac:

I really, really hope this isn't becoming a common thing like the whole pyjama wearing phenomenon! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Freakishly coincidental! Happened to me earlier when two shams were rolling their buggies along the pavement, not one behind the other, but actually beside each other, taking up nearly the whole pavement!

I heard them coming and one muttering "out of the way, out of the way". Something just peeved me off about it, almost as bad as the people that clip your heels with their buggies, so I stayed where I was rather than move in and block the shop door.

The dirty look I got off one of them that looked back was met with "pfft, jog on sweetheart!" :pac:

I really, really hope this isn't becoming a common thing like the whole pyjama wearing phenomenon! :(

Its common enough. People with buggies think they have right of way because they have one. Personally i dont move ever...unless they are complete scumbags.

Its common enough. People with buggies think they have right of way because they have one. Personally i dont move ever...unless they are complete scumbags.

Yesterday I actually saw a man and woman each with a buggy walk out in front of traffic on O'Connell street. Not chancing their arms with the traffic, but literally walking out in front of two cars. You'd swear it was battering rams they were pushing.

• Advertisement

Yesterday I actually saw a man and woman each with a buggy walk out in front of traffic on O'Connell street. Not chancing their arms with the traffic, but literally walking out in front of two cars. You'd swear it was battering rams they were pushing.

Ive seen that too many times. One woman pushed the buggy out infront of traffic. The guy in the car stopped straightaway coming close to the buggy. The mother starts banging on the hood of his car screaming that he nearly hit the kid calling him a cnut and everything. But sure she didnt look where she was going, it wasnt even a fecking pedestrian crossing. :mad:

Its common enough. People with buggies think they have right of way because they have one. Personally i dont move ever... unless they are complete scumbags.

What was perplexing about these two was the pair of them doing some sort of power walking behind the buggies before they parked up outside the door of Burger King! :D

Places to be and people to see... in Burger King! :pac:

What was perplexing about these two was the pair of them doing some sort of power walking behind the buggies before they parked up outside the door of Burger King! :D

Places to be and people to see... in Burger King! :pac:

Sure where else would ya be going but BK :pac:

Yeah, seen that far too many times, "traffic testers" I call them. Of course a car is going to stop on sight of a buggy being pushed out in the way, but really- would anyone sane actually risk it, there's always the chance of a driver not paying attention!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

People who deliberately dither about at the end of the checkout after they've paid for and packed their shopping, I mean dafuq:confused: I get so wound up by it when the checkout operator is scanning my items and some idiot is lingering in my way having a rummage about in her handbag or taking shopping out and redistributing it to other bags etc. Its as though they feel that they have nothing to do and all day to do it. They're in no rush to move. I find it so ignorant.

Its like they're oblivious to everyone else. I hate seeing my shopping build up but I can't get to it because they just won't frigging move. Then when I give a blunt 'excuse me' I get looked at as though I've just spat at them.

People who bring trolleys to the self check outs.

Many a time ive seen this. Theres no room, fcuk off to a normal check out :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

That annoys the hell outta me :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

I hate feeling like I have to rush at the check-out after I've paid, I've got money and cards exposed, stuff I bought not completely packed away, I'm not going to rush at the risk of losing money or leaving products behind. :))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Did that once. Instant regret.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Aer Lingus air hostesses chewing gum....
    For ****'s sake....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement