Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Continuously boiling a kettle in work. We usually have a 10am tea break at work (should only be 15 minutes long, but remember this is Ireland and tea breaks go on for an hour) and every fecker who comes in 5 minutes later, plugs the kettle in and starts boiling it again, no wonder the electricity bill is running into thousands every year. I'm not paying it, but needed to moan about it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

C list celebrities from Uk soaps and bands being interviewed on tv / radio come out with the same old claptrap every time " I'm really looking forward to sampling the ginnnisss and 'avin the 'craic ' haha , and meeting my cousins from Ross comming ", guaranteed same script every time !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

deise08 wrote: »
    Tryin to watch tv and some bugger sitting outside in their car radio full up and engine going.
    :( now all I can hear is them :(
    You need to move out of the garage.

Oops69 wrote: »
    C list celebrities from Uk soaps and bands being interviewed on tv / radio come out with the same old claptrap every time " I'm really looking forward to sampling the ginnnisss and 'avin the 'craic ' haha , and meeting my cousins from Ross comming ", guaranteed same script every time !

Apparently some of the 'stars :rolleyes:' from Home and Away are appearing at a local nightclub in the town where I live shortly. Don't know who they are and couldn't give a toss as to where they are appearing.

When some wee fecker drives past in his or her modded car and the picture on my tv screen goes off.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Apparently some of the 'stars :rolleyes:' from Home and Away are appearing at a local nightclub in the town where I live shortly. Don't know who they are and couldn't give a toss as to where they are appearing.
    If one of them is one of those Braxton brother fellas, I actually lived next door to him briefly while in living in Manly in Sydney. Two words: domestic disturbance.

Lots of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

When you pour yourself a strong vodka and coke at half 2 in the day and everyone looks at you like you're mad. It's Christmas FFS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

People giving out about Beyonce's new album being too provocative and encouraging kids to be sexual or whatever, it has an explicit content warning so if you're letting your young child listen to it that's your problem not hers and she's singing about sex with her husband of however many years ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

When you pour yourself a strong vodka and coke at half 2 in the day and everyone looks at you like you're mad. It's Christmas FFS!

I was about to chastise you for spoiling good vodka with coke, till I read this -

Tasden wrote: »
    People giving out about Beyonce's new album being too provocative and encouraging kids to be sexual or whatever, it has an explicit content warning so if you're letting your young child listen to it that's your problem not hers and she's singing about sex with her husband of however many years ffs!

Beyonce has a new album out :eek:

Yeah, can't very well criticise now, can I? :o

That's annoying! :(

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I was about to chastise you for spoiling good vodka with coke, till I read this -

Beyonce has a new album out :eek:

Yeah, can't very well criticise now, can I? :o

That's annoying! :(

Oh, don't worry, it's not good vodka. Kinsey all the way :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

"Drink-driving limit's a load of bollocks. I can drink 3 or 4 pints and drive home not a bother on me."

Should really be in the 'things that fill you with rage' thread I suppose.

I hate the way James Nesbitt's wife is so incredibly attractive on the ad for the holiday company.

Do they really expect us to believe that's his missus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Suckler

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    but for tea, it has to be boiling water, poured in to a pre heated teapot

It's an insult to serve tea in an un-warmed pot. That and serving it too quickly resulting in weak tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Theres a safe in my wall and I cant be assed to get it open. If i put in the effort there would be nothing in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Theres a safe in my wall and I cant be assed to get it open. If i put in the effort there would be nothing in it.

Start a new thread, there could be valuable things left in it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

People who pick food from your plate without asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People who pick food from your plate without asking.

The old "I will just have some of yours" brigade, fuuck that, they only do it once, ONCE!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

People who hover around me/get in my way in the kitchen, I get all passive aggressive and huffy.

When you run out of money and alcohol early :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Pre Xmas, you agree with your OH to keep the pressie simple, i.e. cheap. You come down the stairs Xmas morning, and what do you get.....a cheap pressie!! WTF, since when did people start to take that **** for real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

When I'm watching the original Indiana Jones movies and the Nazis are all carrying MP40s and driving around Egypt bumping off whoever they like in the 1930s. Excellent movies otherwise but that trivial stuff gets me everytime. I mean they've got massive budgets could they not get some dummy submachine guns from the proper period?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I'm pregnant and I obviously can't smoke, so I'm eating melon and fruit to stop wanting one. I'm trying to make my fiancé go to Spar to get me a king cornetto. I'm annoyed at myself for being such a nag and wanting a cornetto so bad that I actually think I might cry if I don't get one. It's pathetic.

He can drive and I can't, I don't want to walk there because it's cold, I'm lazy and tired after he woke me coming in at 4am pissed and making him dinner earlier. I think I deserve an ice cream :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

mauzo! wrote: »
    I'm pregnant and I obviously can't smoke, so I'm eating melon and fruit to stop wanting one. I'm trying to make my fiancé go to Spar to get me a king cornetto. I'm annoyed at myself for being such a nag and wanting a cornetto so bad that I actually think I might cry if I don't get one. It's pathetic.

He can drive and I can't, I don't want to walk there because it's cold, I'm lazy and tired after he woke me coming in at 4am pissed and making him dinner earlier. I think I deserve an ice cream :(

Make him go and get you a Cornetto, you're giving him a baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

mauzo! wrote: »

When I was pregnant I couldn't eat anything as I had sickness non stop until I discovered that I could stomach eating ice pops, one day I was so hungry and sick I walked to the shop to get one in the hope of feeling better after, was eating the ice pop on the way home and got to the end where it balances on the stick, it dropped off and I sobbed my heart out the whole way home like a crazy woman!

You deserve that ice cream! :)

fussyonion wrote: »
    Make him go and get you a Cornetto, you're giving him a baby!

:( No joy. I make him dinner every day too. Maybe I could swap him for someone who buys me ice cream?

Tasden wrote: »
    When I was pregnant I couldn't eat anything as I had sickness non stop until I discovered that I could stomach eating ice pops, one day I was so hungry and sick I walked to the shop to get one in the hope of feeling better after, was eating the ice pop on the way home and got to the end where it balances on the stick, it dropped off and I sobbed my heart out the whole way home like a crazy woman!

You deserve that ice cream! :)

Im crying over everything. He tried to make me laugh today by being mean/funny....he really upset me 4 times. I just burst into tears.

At one point he asked me if I was still talking :( Im tearing up just thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Eh, moving on, it's too hot in the sitting room with the fire lit and the door closed. But too draughty with the door open!!

coal taking too long to die down :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Travelling in rain. It's pouring down here and the forecast is for more of the same tomorrow. Gonna be up at 6.30am to make sure I get the first bus to Galway. Probably gonna be soaked before I get on the bus. 4 hours on a bus just to get to a hospital appointment. The neighbours (hicks) are having a very rowdy pi$$ up which will probably go on until the early hours. Must Resist Urge To Say Something About decreasing the surplus population.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Having black teeth and lips after drinking red wine.
    Made worse if you've got a little cut on your lip and the wine seeps into it making it look like you've filled it in yourself with eyeliner for the laugh.

Having a hang-nail that is too painful to tear off but too painful and irritating to leave, and it snags on EVERYTHING you wear.

Going to slice some cheese to find someone didn't zip the Ziplock bag, just folded it over itself, so now your cheese is hard and dark orange.

Having a cold and not being to smell if anything is gone off and wondering if you should risk it or not.

Someone buying you those sh1tty little shower-creams by Bayliss and Harding -y'know the strawberry scented ones you NEVER use.
    I always get them at Christmas. Maybe they're trying to throw a hint at me?

Not knowing where to go for NYE.
    I've been thinking all week about where to go and I still don't know.

If I *do* stay in, I'll be wishing I went out and naturally, there'll be great craic to be had which I'll have missed if I stay in and I'll be told all about it by my friends who had the sense to go out.

-Spilling red wine on your white top :(

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    Having a hang-nail that is too painful to tear off but too painful and irritating to leave, and it snags on EVERYTHING you wear.

This is a current niggle. I've a slightly bloody one on my index finger and it's driving me crazy, it runs too deep to clip or tear off, it's catching on everything and making it's presence felt all day, throbbing away in the background, disturbing my peace.

It's ruining my life. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement