Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Candie wrote: »

It's ruining my life. :(

.....Over-reacting.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Candie wrote: »
    This is a current niggle. I've a slightly bloody one on my index finger and it's driving me crazy, it runs too deep to clip or tear off, it's catching on everything and making it's presence felt all day, throbbing away in the background, disturbing my peace.

It's ruining my life. :(

Put a plaster on it, keeps it nice and safe from bumps and tears.
    (Tears as in crying and tears as in rips)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

fussyonion wrote: »
    Having a hang-nail that is too painful to tear off but too painful and irritating to leave, and it snags on EVERYTHING you wear.

Wrap a plaster around your finger until the skin goes a bit harder, then tweezer that fcuker out!

-Spilling red wine on your white top :(

Happened to my wife last night, "Ace" washing liquid did the trick :)

/Good deed for the day :D

EDIT: Crossed out the first line, took me ten mins to write the post as I was watching "Mrs. Brown's Boys New Year Special", I'm rather annoyed by this because I used think Brendan O' Carroll was the most unfunny cnut, second only to Tommy Tiernan, but lads, that Browns Boys crap it must be me getting older, it's fcuking embarrassingly hilarious, and it's killing me to admit that! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Gokei wrote: »
    Eh, moving on, it's too hot in the sitting room with the fire lit and the door closed. But too draughty with the door open!!

coal taking too long to die down :(

Went out for a fag and my wife puts more coal on the fire!!

FÙCK. THIS. SHÍT.

*skulks off muttering to watch the darts in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

The way you never get a chance to properly check out the two girls in the Guinness Christmas ad.

• Advertisement

.....Over-reacting.

:p

If you only knew the burden this hang nail has put on my shoulders, you'd understand it's life ruining potential :( You have no idea how I'm suffering!

Another trivial thing that annoys me is Drama Queens. Can't stand them.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I love cocopops, but I find them too chocoatey.
    I mix them with Rice Krispies for the perfect balance of choconess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

The weather, the wet and storm is miserable, and set to continue :mad:

whiskeyman wrote: »

I don't understand? This can never be. Does.Not.Compute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

I add cocoa to mine because they're not choclatey enough.:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I'm sorry but you are a nutter. No offence intended, just..... you're a nutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Flags and emblems should be trivially annoying , tell that to RIchard Hass in Belfast tonight !,and he had to cut short his Christmas to face back into that shower of whiners !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

catallus wrote: »
    I'm sorry but you are a nutter. No offence intended, just..... you're a nutter.

Probably shouldn't mention I only really like cocopops while also eating a ham sandwich, crisps and chocolate.
    I'm one of those 'multi-eaters' that loves combinations of foods. Anyone I know thinks I'm nuts, but I've met others!
    And no, I'm not fat...

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 rodie1990

People who chew with their mouth open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Probably shouldn't mention I only really like cocopops while also eating a ham sandwich, crisps and chocolate.
    I'm one of those 'multi-eaters' that loves combinations of foods. Anyone I know thinks I'm nuts, but I've met others!
    And no, I'm not fat...

:D

Do you think maybe if you didn't eat the chocolate with the coco-pops it wouldn't be too chocolatey? :P

But I for one am intrigued by that cereal combo and I intend to try it. (The cocopops and rice crispies like, not the whole shebang. You weirdo.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Start a new thread, there could be valuable things left in it :D

Dont want to start a new thread until I know Im going through with it. Im only renting so tearing it open isnt an option.

"Onesies".

I had a conversation earlier about these sleepwear abominations, and was pretty clear where I stood with them...

Fast forward to just now. My wife just climbed into bed in... a fcuking onesie :(

"Do you like it?"

"No! Who'd you get that off?"

"I bought it for myself"...

Goodbye sex life, it was fun while it lasted :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

People who talk to people on an online forum yet don't reply to your messages. Think I'll take that hint now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Czarcasm wrote: »
    "Onesies".

I had a conversation earlier about these sleepwear abominations, and was pretty clear where I stood with them...

Fast forward to just now. My wife just climbed into bed in... a fcuking onesie :(

"Do you like it?"

My boyfriend hates them too, I love them, thing is we don't live together so I have vowed never to let him see me wearing one because as far as he's concerned "you will never be viewed in a sexual way ever again if I ever see you in one" pretty harsh words so I've taken them very seriously! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Posters who (in my view) give way too much private information.

Not that I hide behind an alias but please, let's keep a little mystery to what goes on behind closed doors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Sh1tty Christmas presents. I dont mean cheap ones - times are hard for a lot of people - but you know those rubbish gift sets that the world would just be better off without? The "I bought you this because I felt I had to buy you something but I really couldn't give a rats backside what I got you and this is the first thing I saw for under a fiver" gift. I dodged them this year but my mam's supposed lifelong friend arrived on Christmas morning with a baylis & hard-on set. Glitter gloop and talc and sh1te. A present worse than no present. I mean, why would anyone over the age of ten think it fun to bathe/shower with glitter??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"Onesies".

"Do you like it?"

Get yourself a nice pair of long johns:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

"Onesies".

"Do you like it?"

horrible things...my 12 year niece pranced in the other day saying she had bought herself something. As a complete guess I asked if it was a 'onesie' and to my horror I was right. The little baby jesus in the crib wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

The store locator section of the subway website, for most counties it's fine, but for Dublin and Cork....good grief....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Sh1tty Christmas presents. I dont mean cheap ones - times are hard for a lot of people - but you know those rubbish gift sets that the world would just be better off without? The "I bought you this because I felt I had to buy you something but I really couldn't give a rats backside what I got you and this is the first thing I saw for under a fiver" gift. I dodged them this year but my mam's supposed lifelong friend arrived on Christmas morning with a baylis & hard-on set. Glitter gloop and talc and sh1te. A present worse than no present. I mean, why would anyone over the age of ten think it fun to bathe/shower with glitter??

Similar theme, the presents that are complete junk that people buy at Christmas. Like mini-drumkits or desktop pool tables. Why would a 28 year old want a desktop pool table? These "gadget" stores have a lot to answer for!
    Genuinely, can you ever imagine an adult buying something like that for themselves?? ahh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

crisco10 wrote: »
    Similar theme, the presents that are complete junk that people buy at Christmas. Like mini-drumkits or desktop pool tables. Why would a 28 year old want a desktop pool table? These "gadget" stores have a lot to answer for!
    Genuinely, can you ever imagine an adult buying something like that for themselves?? ahh!!

I love those presents! I could spend hours in gadget shops wishing I had money for all the stuff- those head massager things... bliss!

ooooh now I've started. Calendars. The place is fuucking falling down with calendars. Cat calendars, dog calendars, even freebie Royal Canin calendars :( I should get everything I want done in 2014 - 36 fuucking months to do it :mad:

We should start a crap gift thread and organise swapping of said gifts - one man's rubbish and all that...I'll see your mini drum kit and soap on a rope and swap you....ooooh 3 chocolate santas and a nail clippers? haha

We should start a crap gift thread and organise swapping of said gifts - one man's rubbish and all that...I'll see your mini drum kit and soap on a rope and swap you....ooooh 3 chocolate santas and a nail clippers? haha

I'll take the desktop pool table for a swap of one of my THREE gift sets of Dove deodorant (must have been on special in Tesco), a Spider-man mug, or a stack of diaries!

Keeping my Nadia Forde calendar though, least there's one thoughtful bastard in the family... Oh wait, I bought that for myself! Still... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Any takers on eight pairs of mens "authentic" underpants, six pairs of socks and two bottles of Old Spice:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement