Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Any takers on eight pairs of mens "authentic" underpants, six pairs of socks and two bottles of Old Spice:pac:

haha as distinct from those awful pseudo underpants just masquerading around the place? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Tactless people, the type who never take a moment to engage brain before moving mouth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

When you would love something chocolatey to have with a cuppa and only the manky stuff is left! Toffees, caramel bars and fudge..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Mobile phones ringing at funerals.
    Is it too much to ask you to turn it off for an hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Cadburys f**king Roses. They've ruined them since they took the toffee ones out. There's a coffee sweet in there now. Who the f**k wants that?

Shower of c**ts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I turned my phone off for a funeral, but forgot I had an alarm set. Went off when it was really quiet. My hands were all sweaty and I couldnt swipe the screen. I was roaring crying at the time too.

I ended up taking off the back and shaking the battery out. I looked like an insane person, crying, panicking and shaking it, battery went flying :(

Felt like curling up into a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

A full hour? are you serious?
    Do you not know how important these people are? They MUST have phones on at all times, it could be Obama calling for advice..........on the other hand it's probably mammy checking to see if they want fish fingers for dinner. Selfish prix, they should in no uncertain terms, be told to fuuck off and come back when they get some manners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

A full hour? are you serious?
    Do you not know how important these people are? They MUST have phones on at all times, it could be Obama calling for advice..........on the other hand it's probably mammy checking to see if they want fish fingers for dinner. Selfish prix, they should in no uncertain terms, be told to fuuck off and come back when they get some manners.
    I saw a clip on some tv programme the other day of a bride taking her mobile out of her cleavage and texting while she was at the altar getting married. After the text she put the phone back down the front of her dress. Seriously wtf:eek:

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Cadburys f**king Roses. They've ruined them since they took the toffee ones out. There's a coffee sweet in there now. Who the f**k wants that?

Shower of c**ts.

Ill trade you my toffees for your coffees? :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

I saw a clip on some tv programme the other day of a bride taking her mobile out of her cleavage and texting while she was at the altar getting married. After the text she put the phone back down the front of her dress. Seriously wtf:eek:

Link???????

Found it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDVQvme5tb0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

Yep, the older I get the more I am becoming like Victor Meldrew. Something that annoys me recently - in supermarkets, people who take things off a shelf and the, deciding they don't want it, put back somewhere else in the supermarket.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Small fookin showers. When you get in to them you can hardly move without knocking something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Small fookin showers. When you get in to them you can hardly move without knocking something.

Try using it on your own:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Try using it on your own:D
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 reginaflange

Noisy eating...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Cold houses. I was invited to and visited a friend and a family member over Christmas which involved overnight stays but left both houses earlier than i had planned because their homes were so cold. Its not that either person can't afford heating, more that they are 'not into' having their rooms too warm.

odds_on wrote: »
    Yep, the older I get the more I am becoming like Victor Meldrew. Something that annoys me recently - in supermarkets, people who take things off a shelf and the, deciding they don't want it, put back somewhere else in the supermarket.

My missus does this all the time. F**king annoys the sh!t outta me. When I tell her that some poor f**ker has to go around tidying her mess she just says "That's their job".

If she didn't have such a good pair of t!ts, I'd give up on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My missus does this all the time. F**king annoys the sh!t outta me. When I tell her that some poor f**ker has to go around tidying her mess she just says "That's their job".

If she didn't have such a good pair of t!ts, I'd give up on her.

Your wife is a rude cow. My best friend is a shelf stacker and works her ar*se off. It's not her job to pick up after people like your inconsiderate wife.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Your wife is a rude cow. My best friend is a shelf stacker and works her ar*se off. It's not her job to pick up after people like your inconsiderate wife.

Couldn't agree more mate. I tell her all the time. It's completely disrespectful.

She ain't my wife btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Couldn't agree more mate. I tell her all the time. It's completely disrespectful.

She ain't my wife btw :)
    Is she somebody else's wife?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

People who close their eyes while eating. I'm there eating my grub and looking at what must be your sex face and it's making me sick.

Mint Aero wrote: »
    People who close their eyes while eating. I'm there eating my grub and looking at what must be your sex face and it's making me sick.

People who keep their eyes open whilst kissing.
    Beyond creepy.

Why is the iPhone default alarm snoozey time set to 9 minutes. It bugs me. Why not an even number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Why is the iPhone default alarm snoozey time set to 9 minutes. It bugs me. Why not an even number?
    I'm guessing a lot of people do what I do and set up 4-5 alarms 10 minutes apart maybe? Just a wild guess, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Eh, it kinda is.

whirlpool wrote: »
    Eh, it kinda is.

No, her job is to stack the shelves with products, make sure stock is rotated and in proper order.
    It just so happens that arrogant idiots like that man's girlfriend has no respect for anyone else, so doesn't think about what happens to the stuff she just leaves behind.

Ultimately my friend *does* put the stuff back but it's not in her job description.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

No, her job is to stack the shelves with products, make sure stock is rotated and in proper order.
    It just so happens that arrogant idiots like that man's girlfriend has no respect for anyone else, so doesn't think about what happens to the stuff she just leaves behind.

Ultimately my friend *does* put the stuff back but it's not in her job description.

Retail jobs tend to have a very vague "job description" for this specific reason, that's why you'll never see "retrieve mislaid product and restore to correct area" on any job description, but employees who do these little things that aren't in their job description, managers notice these things as it separates that employee from the employee who thinks they're only doing what they think is their "job description".

Sure, it's a hassle your friend could do without, but her efforts don't go unnoticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

If it's not part of her job then she doesn't have to do it. I suspect it IS part of her job. Maybe she is just lazy?

Lazy? This girl is the most hard-working person I know. Don't even start.

• Advertisement

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Lol.....will never look at a person eating with their eyes closed in the same way again ! ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement