Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

fussyonion wrote: »
    Ultimately my friend *does* put the stuff back but it's not in her job description.

What is her job description? I worked in dunes and all floor staff were general dogs bodies.when you were done stocking, you had to face off, and if you were finished facing off before everyone else, the floor manager would find something else for you to do.

Job description was so vague it was non existent.

Unless she's a merchandiser who works for a brand? They wouldn't replace other brands stock if they noticed it out of place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Lazy? This girl is the most hard-working person I know. Don't even start.

I'm sorry, but you're talking b****x.

Everyone who has ever worked in retail is fully aware that cleaning up after customers is 110% part of the job. It's part of why people hate working in retail, but it's still part of it.

Also, I have worked in retail quite a lot and I certainly would not call someone an "arrogant idiot" for being in a store and not putting stock back where they got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

whirlpool wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but you're talking b****x.

Everyone who has ever worked in retail is fully aware that cleaning up after customers is 110% part of the job. It's part of why people hate working in retail, but it's still part of it.

Also, I have worked in retail quite a lot and I certainly would not call someone an "arrogant idiot" for being in a store and not putting stock back where they got it.

+1, its 100 percent her job. Its not nice but its her job. Its a pain in the whole when some one wrecks a display or puts stuff back in the wrong place but its her job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Seeing bad architecture destroying the towns and cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    two bottles of Old Spice:pac:

Got you beat there, I was given a bottle of brut!!

I was on my way back up here and my mam txts me to say I "forgot" it, my reply "Ah no, how am I supposed to call in a napalm strike when i forgot the bleedin napalm?!!"

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Seeing bad architecture destroying the towns and cities.

Well you encourage half of the square glass monstrosities on your programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

beakerjoe wrote: »
    +1, its 100 percent her job. Its not nice but its her job. Its a pain in the whole when some one wrecks a display or puts stuff back in the wrong place but its her job.

It probably is part of her job by default. If a customer takes something and leaves it back down on the other side of the shop then someone has to put it back and that probably sits with the shelf stackers.

It's still very disrespectful for customers to do it in the first place though in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

What worries me about the putting back/not putting back issue is whether the food is perishable and how long its out of its place for. I often see refrigerated/frozen foodstuffs cast aside at the conveyor belt at the last minute, and wonder if they sit there for an hour or two and then get refrigerated/frozen again :(

I worked in a supermarket part time for a couple of years when I was younger. Putting things back where customers had put them in the wrong place was part of the job. The way it worked there was that someone was on "returns" and went around to aisles and checkouts taking back the stuff people had left. Perishables went back out to the stores.

I think putting fresh food somewhere other than a fridge is bad form as it is a waste, but other than that it never bothered me. Not something I would do myself as most of the food I buy is fresh and non fresh items I would always buy the same brands (tea bags, beans etc).

What an utterly boring post this is.

^ now that you mention it, when I worked in SV as a teenager, I remember doing returns too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People who keep their eyes open whilst kissing.
    Beyond creepy.

How do you know they have their eyes open?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

How do you know they have their eyes open?

:rolleyes: I didn't say I was the kisser or kissee, did I?
    I've seen it.

I've seen it.

So, you spend time watching other people kissing? do you use a telescope, or just hide in a bush?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

I've seen it.

Perv

Waiting for a cold to break. You know that 36 hour stage where you feel like you want to sneeze/are going to sneeeze but dont? Maddening. Eyes streaming and not being able to pronounce certain vowels. Hate it. :mad: Not surprised I got sick given the amount of slovenly, infected fools spewing around the place pre Christmas.

Which reminds me: people who take antibiotics for colds also annoy me, as do people who dont finish the prescribed course of antibiotics. Create a superbug why dont you, you slimey cesspit.

Same here, have had a kinda half cold for weeks, and cant shift the bastard. I have taken more drugs than Jimi Hendrix. But what really pisses me of is the advice/cures people give you.

"have you tried boiled 7up with walnuts in it?"
    "Brandy and sherry, with cloves, drink it while in a sauna"
    "Put an onion in a pillow case and tie it to your head"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Beggars beside the ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Beggars beside the ATM.
    Buggers behind the ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Getting stuck behind a slow walker. Always happens when you're in a rush somewhere too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Same here, have a had a kinda

You a kinda italina todaya , no ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Oops69 wrote: »
    Buggers behind the ATM.

The really slow ATM's they have out in the bog that takes ages to process your money. It sounds like its digging down to China to get the fecking cash.

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    The really slow ATM's they have out in the bog that takes ages to process your money. It sounds like its digging down to China to get the fecking cash.

Or the ones they have in convenience stores that only give out 120. I went to use one Christmas Eve to take out 360. So three times I had to go through the motions: Irish or English? Receipt? Sure? Dont forget about the environment now! A woman behind was dancing from one foot to the other, visibly annoyed. I turned to her and very sweetly said, "sorry, its just that I need to take out so much" mwah ha haaa :D

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Or the ones they have in convenience stores that only give out 120. I went to use one Christmas Eve to take out 360. So three times I had to go through the motions: Irish or English? Receipt? Sure? Dont forget about the environment now! A woman behind was dancing from one foot to the other, visibly annoyed. I turned to her and very sweetly said, "sorry, its just that I need to take out so much" mwah ha haaa :D

I'm surprised she didn't say, "leave some for me ye bollix." :mad:

Just got a "can you tell me where x is"

Yes I reply, jovially, as is my wont (not) "its down there on the left"

She turns on her heel without so much as a smile, and walks off.

I hope she comes back in the next life as a duck that cant fly and only has one leg, and swims in circles for eternity.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, BITCH

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I'm surprised she didn't say, "leave some for me ye bollix." :mad:

Me too :P

I hope she comes back in the next life as a duck that cant fly and only has one leg, and swims in circles for eternity.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, BITCH

:D

HAPPY NEW YEAR, BITCH

Or a one armed rock climber with an itchy arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Being sooo tired that you can barely function.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

My phone is too slippy for the arm of the couch since I got the leather restored.

Disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Any Christmas / birthday present I get that's no longer chic in terms of tech must- have or fasion. Then it's an insult.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement