Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

The way babies don't stay babies for long enough. My nephew just came in and had a proper conversation with me! Feels like only last week when he couldn't even walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

This irritates me a lot:
    Going down the m50 in the rain, not even much rain and the amount of spray thrown up by the traffic! Why can't they use a surface that doesn't throw up the water, here where the rain is, like, you know, not exactly scaaarrcce. I know it exists! The surface I mean.
    Idiots who tootle along in the middle lane and everyone whizzes by on the inside lane. There are loads of them on the n4 between liffey valley and cel bridge. Wouldn't it eventually seep into your brain even the question "why is everyone passing me on the inside?" . Oooo, coherent thought might develop!

Cayou explain totes amazeballs to me? I only came across it earlier on this thread and now I see there is a program on rte tonight called it. Where does it come from,who uses it, spoken or written?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    This irritates me a lot:
    Going down the m50 in the rain, not even much rain and the amount of spray thrown up by the traffic! Why can't they use a surface that doesn't throw up the water, here where the rain is, like, you know, not exactly scaaarrcce. I know it exists! The surface I mean.
    Idiots who tootle along in the middle lane and everyone whizzes by on the inside lane. There are loads of them on the n4 between liffey valley and cel bridge. Wouldn't it eventually seep into your brain even the question "why is everyone passing me on the inside?" . Oooo, coherent thought might develop!

Cayou explain totes amazeballs to me? I only came across it earlier on this thread and now I see there is a program on rte tonight called it. Where does it come from,who uses it, spoken or written?

Its fake D4 slang for totally amazing and its use currently attracts a mandatory life sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Its amazeyballs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

What will happen to all the Christmas jumpers everyone went out and bought or was given as a gift, in the first or second week in January? Who started this craze and why were they allowed to keep it going before being apprehended and carted off to the big house, never to see the light of day again or near knitting needles and a ball of wool.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

When a woman has a few cat whiskers going on. I have an overwhelming urge to ask them to have a shave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

When people look at you like you've 10 heads because you don't wanna go out New Years.

"But.. It's New Years, you have to!"

Nah, go away now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

I think putting fresh food somewhere other than a fridge is bad form as it is a waste, but other than that it never bothered me. Not something I would do myself as most of the food I buy is fresh and non fresh items I would always buy the same brands (tea bags, beans etc).

My friend's mother is terrible for this, takes stuff out of freezers and fecks it on a shelf when she decides she doesn't need it. It wouldn't even bug me THAT much but me and her daughter were talking once about how another friend of ours had been taken to court by Dunnes for robbing half a paper cup of shampoo, and how the gards and judge were really annoyed at Dunnes for wasting their time. She chimed in with "oh it's only right sure she probably had no money because she drank it all, they have to make a profit, she's a scumbag" blah blah blah. So her costing Dunnes money because she (maybe) drank all hers is scumbaggery, but how would you feel if Dunnes took you to court for being too lazy to walk twenty feet back the way you came?
    When people look at you like you've 10 heads because you don't wanna go out New Years.

Yeah, I don't have to do one single fcuking thing because of the day of the year it is! I certainly don't have to go out and pay double rates to get into a club where I can't hear a thing, queue 30 mins for every drink I want and avoid vomiting and fighting for the night before making my way through Battle Royale to try get a taxi. Go on ahead and do that if you're so eager to count down from ten to one at a specific time, just leave me out of it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Sick as a dog and it's going to be my first NYE in. Strangely, I'm not getting the feeling I'm missing anything. NYE in Dublin is just awful - overcrowded pubs/clubs full of people who've had too much to drink at a severe mark up, and nothing else out of the ordinary outside of a 10 second count down and it being difficult to get a taxi home for once.

I do wish I'd been in Sydney again though on days like this just on the Rose Bay beach (the awfulness that is Bondi and those ones get horribly overcrowded too) with a few beers, bottle of whiskey, bottle of coke, some food and a great view of the fireworks from afar in what amounts to basically a big chilled out house/beach party. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uOd7zh5Mees/TTVZ9zWtZyI/AAAAAAAABVg/5xmbAuR4k2E/s1600/Sydney%2Bfireworks%2Bnew%2Byears%2Beve%2B2010%2B%2528III%2529.jpg

But as for Dublin? Nah, don't get the feeling I'm missing much of anything, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

At a party when the DJ plays a dance song near the end of his set and says, "I wanna see everyone on the dance floor for this one." It's nearly always Rhythm Is A Dancer or fcuking Maniac 2000. And then some people try to drag you onto the floor because apparently you're as dry as Nun's crack if you don't get up and boogie. Not everyone wants to dance.

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »
    When a woman has a few cat whiskers going on. I have an overwhelming urge to ask them to have a shave.

Same thing with hair on their arms. Some girls wear short sleeved shirts and have these thick black hairs on their arms - disgusting.

Never know whether to say anything to them or not? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Cause that's a normal thing to drop into conversation...

Same thing with hair on their arms. Some girls wear short sleeved shirts and have these thick black hairs on their arms - disgusting.

what on earth would you say to them? "Sorry love, you've got no business being in short sleeves, just letting you know"?!

what on earth would you say to them? "Sorry love, you've got no business being in short sleeves, just letting you know"?!

Course not. I just find myself thinking 'can you not see it yourself?'

Aidric wrote: »
    Course not. I just find myself thinking 'can you not see it yourself?'

I've got moderately (fairish-coloured though) hairy arms, and at least in my case, yes I have eyes and I can see it, I just really don't care.

Don't pay me any mind, I'm in a bad mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    At a party when the DJ plays a dance song near the end of his set and says, "I wanna see everyone on the dance floor for this one." It's nearly always Rhythm Is A Dancer or fcuking Maniac 2000. And then some people try to drag you onto the floor because apparently you're as dry as Nun's crack if you don't get up and boogie. Not everyone wants to dance.

Any place in the country do slowsets anyone know? I hate clubs and dancing and all that ****e. It's either jumping up and down for someone reason or my male mates dancing together :confused: eh lads :confused: to some hibbidy hoppidy music which I've no interest in anyway but a slowset now, now that's something I might like. I'm mid 20's and I've never had a proper dance with a girl, and it looks easy enough in the filums so it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

I shave my arms and people think I'm the weird one. :)
    what annoys me is people think that because I'm single I must be sad or unhappy or miserable or somethin?
    nope I'm quite happy I must say :-) :-) :-)

Jaysis, I've enough to be shaving! Just the usual bits for a woman like but it keeps me busy

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'd never shave my arms! My mam does it and I've seen one of my ex-friends do it. They look terrible if you get a small bit lazy at all and feels like sandpaper. No thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

100% agree. Although I've been guilted into going out. Feck sake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'd never shave my arms! My mam does it and I've seen one of my ex-friends do it. They look terrible if you get a small bit lazy at all and feels like sandpaper. No thanks!
    Am gonna get some laser hair removal on my face in the new year. Once you hit 40 things seem to get darker. I'm allergic to wax and I had a really bad reaction to threading earlier this month. Some good pay as you go offers on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Hair on my arms is ok - when you're as good looking as me it's good to have a flaw. Keeps me in touch with the common people.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

El Guapo! wrote: »
    I have no idea where it came from or why it's even there.
    Jaysus, that takes me back. I was eating some ice-cream whilst in your house, and left the spoon there. Think I was there for some car trouble you had?

Don't pay me any mind, I'm in a bad mood.

you ok hun? xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

When I worked in a supermarket we used to fight over who got to do returns. It was just going around the shop with stuff people had left at the till and putting them back, like the opposite of shopping :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

mauzo! wrote: »
    When I worked in a supermarket we used to fight over who got to do returns. It was just going around the shop with stuff people had left at the till and putting them back, like the opposite of shopping :D

In fairness, doing returns in a shop is like freedom when you're at a till for like 4 hours straight, on your feet and serving customers. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Newest annoyance is this thread stuck on same topic for 4 pages or so.

Also the hype people build NYE up to. Just another night of the year. March 31st changes to April 1st - never see it again, should we waste millions in fireworks then as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

My pet annoyances are broken things that are not fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Any place in the country do slowsets anyone know? I hate clubs and dancing and all that ****e. It's either jumping up and down for someone reason or my male mates dancing together :confused: eh lads :confused: to some hibbidy hoppidy music which I've no interest in anyway but a slowset now, now that's something I might like. I'm mid 20's and I've never had a proper dance with a girl, and it looks easy enough in the filums so it does.

Jasus now that I think about it, neither have I, and I'd imagine its fairly common. Unless you count grinding up against a girl in a mini skirt as dancing. Not many places do the slow sets now. However I remember I was at a 21st party years ago and a friend and I were dancing with a couple of girls from work that we fancied. We were dancing to the' hibbidy hoppidy' music as you so eloquently put it. :D Then a slow song came on and they all ran for the bar. :confused: I was like, "where the feck are you going?" I would have been more than happy to slow dance with this girl but they were having none of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement